Sponsored

SHOW ME MO BRONCO

Trying to get all Missourians into one group to chat and share Bronco stories and experiences!
Greetings all in Missouri. I am looking forward to when more of us get Broncos to go out and enjoy off-roading together. My wife and I received our red 4 door Big Bend about 3 weeks ago. It came with the lame 255/75R17 or so tires on it which were billed as "A/T" but they looked like highway tires. In any event, I have since put some 285/75/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3's on it and they really complete the look. I was surprised how quiet those are on the road. I actually started a Facebook group for Missouri folks. it's called Bronco6g Missouri for any who are interested. I'm a tech guy but I really dislike facebook. Having said that It's there if anyone would find it helpful and wants to join hopefully for future rides or whatnot.

So far, aside from the tires, I have added a Kicker 150W self powered subwoofer to it because the stock radio really is not impressive. We have a soft top and have left the doors off most of the time. I also manufactured some front door foot rests for when the doors are off. I thought the design was 'genius' if I don't say so myself due to its simplicity. What's not pictured about those is I have since put Herculiner on them so they are rubbery and textured now instead of freshly welded up. I'll send some pics.

I will say I had to remove the rubber standoff bumpers behind the stock rear spare, with the wider Wildtracks on it, it would not mount up so I had to take them off completely. I suspect everyone will.

My wife has a 21 Jeep JL Rubicon so I have noticed obvious differences between the two, and while it's a much higher trim than the Bronco, we always seem to take the Bronco everywhere. I think she secretly likes it more. I know I do.

About the Bronco:
2.7 10 speed Big Bend with Accessory switches and a rear locker. It DID come with turn assist, which I was concerned it wouldn't as the dealer didn't know. Aside from those few options it's got a soft top and the default 'entertainment' system. It does come with the Ford Pass remote start / locate / lock / unlock app for your phone.

Side note and person opinion: We drove the Mannequin at Corwin Ford in Springfield before ours showed up, the Mannequin is the yellow one up there, forgot the trim but it had the 33 inch goodyears on it with a 2.3L and a 10 speed. I will say right now I thought the 2.3 was a dog. I was suprisingly disappointed. I took it out on the highway and stepped on it twice. I realize this is a highly subjective area to consider. I thought it was way underpowered and wouldn't really get out of its own way. I did not expect that. Needless to say when we got ours in at the dealership we drove it obviously. I stepped on it and immediately was elated and impressed. It has SO much pep. Still does even with the slightly bigger shoes on it. I personally would not recommend the 2.3 ESPECIALLY if you're going to get bigger tires on it. Now it is true I don't know what gear ratio the mannequin had. Mine is a 4.27 since I added the rear locker on build.

Suffice it to say that while we are elated we got ours about a year earlier than the dealership estimated, if I were to buy one now or build one I'd do a few things differently. First, I'd probably pony up and get the Sasquatch pkg. As I understand it that would give you front and rear lockers plus the lift plus the bigger tires and whatever else is involved. I was not able to find a way to get a front locker w/o buying the squatch. At the time we were trying to keep the price down when we ordered. Having said that, I would also get the upgraded modular front bumper for one main reason. Currently there is severely limited aftermarket support as you might expect with a newly launched product like this. What few there are out there currently they are pricy from around 1,600 to 2400. I just want to be able to plug in a winch.

Anyway if anyone has questions about anything feel free I'll help out where I can. I will say that I have watched and followed the "Pickens Party of 5" channel on youtube and have found their guidance and helpful tips to be quite helpful indeed so full credit to them they are awesome. They helped with the radio upgrade, being careful not to pull in with the top open (most garages are too short and you can damage your top) and lots of other helpful tips.
Show full message

Attachments

Draykas
Draykas
awesome hope to get mine soon and see you around town. will try to find group since we both are local to Corwin.
WCS67
WCS67
Just joined the group on FB, now I just need to order a Bronco!
Marshall Law
Do it @WCS67! they drive very nice. I think you'd enjoy it. On a side note I will add what everyone else has already read. The mileage is fairly abysmal for this type of vehicle, i'm generally lucky to average 20 on a good day. Good thing we don't buy these types of rides for that eh?
----
@ Draykas Sounds good my good man I presume. I know Corwin wants me to bring it back by so they can see it with the upgraded tires on and whatnot. I just haven't had the chance. We had a mustang to trade in but I knew they would try to hose us on value, as we had gotten numbers from the Corwin Ram/Jeep dealer a few months earlier. They were about 8 grand lower on two different vehicles so we bought our Jeep and Ram at James River which is what I'd recommend. We liked them so much we just sold them the Mustang to them for the KBB value. Since the market is crazy right now I made quite a bit on all of our vehicle transactions this year. (shakes head) Strange times.
PoppyTim
PoppyTim
We’ve got a BD supposedly in production this week. We also ordered from Corwin and I’ve wondered how much of a low ball offer they’ll make on our Jeep Sahara. I’m really thinking about selling it outright. Glad you got yours and I like the door peg you crafted. Looking good!!
MHODGE77
wow, good looking bronco! I have a code 99 order in at RepMo Ford, holding out for the manual squatch. I tested the wildtrak and 2.7l does have the pep, just not the stick that I desire! Thanks for the pics, will be looking to join up your group.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views