Sponsored

SoCal Broncos

Starting the conversation for past, present and future SoCal Bronco owners. Lets go!
YEAH BUDDY. Just got my production email from FoMoCo. Anyone know typical rail time from MAP to SoCal?
Show full message

Attachments

Dusty
Dusty
Mine was built July 19, shipped by rail and trucked to my dealer in Redlands on August 12.
FernieSanders
FernieSanders
@Dusty That feels like such a long time! Considering a passenger train from LA to Michigan only takes like 2.5 days, so it's only covering like 75 miles a day? thats like 6 mph average for 12 hours a day of moving...
Dusty
Dusty
@FernieSanders I'm thinking the train ride itself only takes a couple of days at most. Add in a few days handling logistics at each end, and you're at about a week to a week and a half realistically. The rest of it, in my estimation, is due to things just sitting around waiting to work through the system. Here in southern California there's a single train depot in Mira Loma that does all of the automobile receiving for all of the manufacturers who ship to California by train. It's a huge terminal. From there the inventory has to wait its turn for an available truck ride to whatever dealer it's going to. I'm guessing that's the part that took the most time for mine to be delivered. There are major shortages in all sorts of labor, truck drivers included, so things just aren't moving through as smoothly as they should. But that was over a month ago now, in my case. Perhaps things have smoothed out some since then.
FernieSanders
FernieSanders
Congrats! I have a similar build, so enjoy!
luptanpitman
luptanpitman
FernieSanders
FernieSanders
Just got my email today! Says it will arrive between the 22nd and 28th to the dealer.
Bronco Don
Bronco Don
Just got my Estimated time of arrival yesterday going to Redlands they said it should be here October 22
luptanpitman
luptanpitman
you guys gotta do the train tracker it's awesome - especially once it gets to Tucson cause it only has about 36 hrs left to roll through the desert to mira loma.
Bronco Don
Bronco Don
Yes it is coming to Ken Groudy Ford
Reactions: FPMiv
Bronco Don
Bronco Don
Hey Dusty I watched all your videos they’re very fun to watch

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language