Sponsored

Bay Area Broncos

Here we go with the new G.O.A.T’s of the bay!!
Daktari
I was asked for a photo of my rig and it seems impossible to add one to a comment, so here it is, maybe the first one on top of Mt Diablo?
Was very windy and not much visibility, lots of dust in the air it seemed, but the drive up was great fun, as always, and this thing handles great, despite it's size. I'm really impressed and could not be happier.
Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 5.29.25 PM.png
Show full message
Daktari
Daktari
picked up Friday, Saturday adventure was to Garre Vineyard Cafe in Livermore for lunch (great food!) taking only backroads, from my town to Clayton to Marsh Creek to Morgan Territory Road, a rough single lane road around the back of Mt Diablo, drops you right into Livermore. Back we went backroads to Blackhawk etc, around that side of the mountain. Great drive with the open roof, fun roads. Just be careful on Morgan T, watch out for oncoming traffic.
Sun we went to Bolinas for lunch, freeway to Marin and then that windy narrow road up and down the mountain to Stinson, through the redwoods. Also a great drive, and today I took it up Mt Diablo, was hoping for better views to take some photos, but I'll be back up there many more times, best time is in spring anyways, when things are green and the air is washed from rain (if we get some).

It's worth the wait, I hope you all get yours soon, I could not ask for anything more, perfect rig for me.
Kuze
Kuze
Congrats! Its gorgeous and thanks for putting up a picture!
Rubicon 2 Badlands
Rubicon 2 Badlands
SaWEET!!!
Daktari
Daktari
I still can't wipe the grin off my face and catch myself several times a day opening the front door to look at lit like a kid with a new toy. To me this thing is just absolutely perfect, all I ever wanted from a car. It's a convertible, has room for 4 and cargo, it can go just about anywhere I point it, it looks damn cool and drives just great. Steering is on point, body roll is way less than I expected, the 2.7 kicks some serious ass if you push it, considering it's moving a 5000+ lb brick on big tires through the air. Open roof and windows up it's not super windy inside, even on the back seat, roof up it's not super loud (think a back window cracked open in a regular car). Its surprisingly nimble on the road, turn radius is smaller than my Taco. I hope any of you that don't have their's yet will get it soon, it's a flawless vehicle so far.
Then add all the fun connected and computer stuff I never had, it reads texts to me and I can dictate answers, LOL. I can start it from my phone, the screen is bigger than my ipad and so nicely integrated, no floating tablet like on a Tesla and so many others. You will have a blast once you get it.
Reactions: American Sender
View previous replies…
Daktari
Daktari
@Rubicon 2 Badlands thanks, I hope yours arrives soon too! Be interesting to hear what you think, coming from a Rubicon!
Rubicon 2 Badlands
Rubicon 2 Badlands
@Daktari I think I’ve done my research and chosen well. For what I’m not getting for off-road, I feel I am getting back almost everywhere else. Honestly, I don’t even feel like I'm losing much off-road and think that this Badlands is going to surprise me.
Daktari
Daktari
@Rubicon 2 Badlands I hope so! I could not be happier, but it's only seen some gravel trails on Mt Diablo today, checking out all the picknick and camping places for fun.
Oh, the tires collect rocks like it's their job, I'll be adding mud flaps as soon as reasonably priced ones are available, no matter what they look like.
This week I'll be installing clear PPF on the door sills since they are really inviting steps and depending on weather and time, I'll be giving it a good wash/detailing (something I've never done) and then put on Adam's graphite ceramic coating, something I've also never done, lots of adventures with this thing!
WantSumBronc
WantSumBronc
So happy for you, Cyber Orange is looking fantastic! I’ll be doing many Bay Area drives as well, I know just what you’re talking about when you mentioned exploring Mt Diablo’s picnic spots. I’ve done the same, admittedly, and a little embarrassingly, in a Mazda CX-5. Soon it’ll be time to take my four-door Badlands up to the summit just like you! I am supposed to take delivery from Walnut Creek Ford later this month…. 👍🏻
Daktari
Daktari
@WantSumBronc nothing wrong with a CX-5, I'm sure the drive is just as fun. I've been up there with my Taco, a Passat station wagon and many years ago with my Nissan 240SX and my wife's Miata, all different. Riding high in the Bronco is different again, especially with the roof open :)
Hope your experience at WC Ford will be as good as mine was, all went super smooth and quick. Good luck and see you on the road(s)! Shahram just recommended to check out Snake Road in the Oakland Hills and a road that goes from Orinda to Richmond. I also want to explore going up Happy Valley road and over towards Martinez/Crocket areas, the more I poke around on google maps the more roads I never knew about I find, lots to explore!
WCFord
WCFord
@Daktari Thank you for the kind words. Your Bronco looks awesome at the top of Mt. D. I agree, very well could be the first one up there:) I hope you get chance to take advantage of this incredible weather over the next few days. You know where to find me if you need me, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you Oliver! Congrats again!
WantSumBronc
WantSumBronc
Oh my god, I love exploring Google Maps! So many rat holes to go down and then go explore in person. Thanks for the best wishes on WC Ford, they’ve been great so far. I second the road between Orinda and Richmond, there’s a reservoir there that lets you fish in it. Can’t wait to take my baby son to things like that in the Bronco…
Daktari
Daktari
today I exited 24 at Happy Valley road and drove that up the hill and all around Bryones park back down to Pleasant Hill Road. Some fancy mansions and then some ranches out there and coming down Alhambra even a house that looks like a European castle of sorts :-D
Lots more to explore.
On that reservoir I think you still can rent boats too, including motorized, did that a long time ago with my boy when he was little, he just went off to college in Seattle this year. Enjoy the time with your little one while he's little, wish I'd have had a Bronco memory machine back then! Tacoma did well too though.
WantSumBronc
WantSumBronc
Sounds like a cool drive! Thanks for the kind words, we will make many memories indeed :)

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views