Sponsored

Colorado Bronco Club

A place for Coloradans to share ideas with other Bronco owners, organize meets, and plan 4X4 excursions into the great Rocky Mountains!
Bronco69
My Bronco arrived. First truly off-road capable vehicle I've ever owned. I know nothing about off-road trails in Colorado save Youtube.

Can someone recommend some easy to moderate day trip trails in the Foothills? Just want to get the tires dirty and get a better feel for handling this Bronco.
bronco 10-12-21.jpg
Show full message
annieVonBebop
annieVonBebop
Switzerland trail up outside of Boulder (super easy and shouldn't be too hard with a bit of snow, but lots of shelf roads)

Not much in the foothills though, you'd probably wanna check towards Idaho Springs and see what the conditions are like before heading up.
BlakeD69
BlakeD69
Congratulations and have fun.
annieVonBebop
annieVonBebop
If you don't know much about off-roading, would HIGHLY recommend signing up for trails off road and Gaia GPS. I think combined they're like $50 a year and 100% worth it. Gaia will integrate with your Sync system so if you download your maps offline, you'll have your route saved and won't get lost. Saved us when we were on Yankee hill 😅

Could also get the Funtreks books!
Bronco69
Bronco69
So what's up with the FordPass Performance app that was supposed to have all the trail maps on it? Is it a delayed release? I can't find it on the App Store. @annieVonBebop
annieVonBebop
annieVonBebop
@Bronco69 yeah my understanding is the launch has been delayed or something, supposedly it's going to be out this quarter.

I like TOR and Gaia for now because you can review different trails based on location/difficulty/etc and then import the routes into Gaia. I planned a 2 day baby overlanding trip for us using the trails off road routes and then plotting the rest of our trip in Gaia, so I could share the whole route with family so they knew where we were planning to be. I'm excited for Ford's version but think the extra features and capabilities of that combo has the edge. Also, supporting small businesses of like minded enthusiasts never hurts 🙂
nbdybeatsthewiz
nbdybeatsthewiz
I would highly recommend going to Off Roadeo in Moab if you have the time. I went a week after taking delivery of my Bronco and got to learn the ropes on a test vehicle. Took mine out the next day and got her dirty. Well worth the trip
colobronco
colobronco
I just took delivery this week as well, will probably do Switzerland and loop through Gold Hill tomorrow.
Flourman
Flourman
I did the forest road from Central City to Yankee Hill a few weeks ago in my Tremor with a route on Gaia. Worked pretty well and my Tremor made it through without issue so a stock bronco should as well
Red Mountain Pass
Red Mountain Pass
Congrats! So many trails to explore!!
Mike E
Mike E
Mosquito Pass is a fun trip….I like going from the Leadville side….
4xFord
4xFord
My maiden voyage was to Rainbow Falls between Woodland Park and Deckers. My stock BL did great. If you stay to the right (counterclockwise loop) the lower portion makes for a great playground to learn your rig before committing to the tougher obstacles (mini Moab) further along. Might be a whole different ballgame now that there's snow.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views