Sponsored

Jersey / East Cost Bronco

For everyone to get ideas and talk about new things they find out about the Bronco and maybe get together and have some fun
JBMontclair
So been posting to this forum for all of 9 days (been just reading bronco6g for much longer)... And it is pretty uncharacteristically quiet here in jersey... I know many are still waiting on delivery, and I felt your pain and I wish I had some magic power to fix that.. Some of us do have them already and probably want something else from this group.. So I guess I want to pose the question, what do we want to get out of this club page?

We can talk about what mods we are, or at least are dreaming of getting.

Or we can talk about where we want to let them run.

How about what to do with that front plate bracket your dealer installed before you can stop them from drilling holes in your paint job (been thinking of getting the bracket to relocate to the bumper - I caution make sure you are ok with the OEM plate placement or contact your dealer to not install when they receive delivery - I think front plates qualifies as a jersey issue).

We can talk about setting up meetups in your relative part of the state?

And I guess if anyone is a poet, I guess you can share that too, but in moderation and as long as its about your bronco.

Any other ideas to get some discussion happening over here?
Show full message
JPMonahasn
JPMonahasn
I would like to share places to ride and accessories (are side steps needed? Do they stop a car door from hitting my bronco?). Mine is being built tomorrow…so I am tracking the progress this week
GToddC5
GToddC5
Mine may be getting built in mid November, and I already have a plate bracket so my dealer doesn't mess mine up. I plan on the Goose Gear rear seat delete plate system,, for now.
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
I gotta get steps for the Mrs. Thinking about the go rhino dss sliders, just unsure if the smaller width makes it less usable as a step, but I like that about them for off-road capability sake and fact that it should be easier for me to step around them as I don’t need them myself. Then I can get rid of the step stool in the trunk.

As I got the oem plate now my fear is what kind of repair job is needed to cover the drill damage.. the bracket Ford provides is cheap plastic and in future they should provide options to us front plate states, and I recommend to dealers if they are paying attention to explain this and not assume and pre drill it. Customers don’t need a front plate for the first 40 or so days anyways while they are on their temp plates.
jaruss01
jaruss01
@JBMontclair stumbled across this thread triggered by a reply from @JPMonahasn

JB - You are the only bronco I have seen in the wild (I would assume it was yours Bronco). It was a yellow soft top BD driving down north mountain a couple weekends ago. Must be you. Funny how these forums spread to local communities. I live in GR. I told my wife that I think we’re in trouble with our Sasquatch fitting in the driveway because I thought your stock BD was a wildtrak with blacked out rims. It looks massive on the streets. Can’t imagine the presence of a Sasquatch.

I may be next up for another local Bronco roaming around the area.

How many days did your delivery take? I’m getting built this Thursday

…down to meet up with a local group to for others on this thread
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
@jaruss01 Yeah that was likely me.. I'm generally all over the MTC every day - trying to be the best brand ambassador I can be. I even try to wave to the Jeeps... or maybe that's an old habit coming back from my 97 TJ days... I opted to avoid going squatch both due to short wife syndrome, but more so was worried it would add on to the delays. So I kept my order soft-top/non-sasquatch and hoped for the best, which seemed to work. Also my order number was under 1000, so i guess i converted early. Are you getting yours thru troy@fette like I did? I'm also down with a local meetup so those of us who took delivery already can show the others what to expect. Or of course Tierneys always works just to hang. (Probably best to DM over that. )

One last note, i did forget to mention earlier i converted some of my fordpass points to get the platinum black sill plates... They look great, although perhaps they are slightly undersized. I did find the door jams were getting slightly scuffed so i hope they help keep the paint from wearing over time.
Tunagates
Tunagates
@jaruss01 hey man! Ive been rockin since July 7th, i live in mtc, last house before GR.
JPMonahasn
JPMonahasn
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
@JPMonahasn been looking at the D6 too, but since I'd be removing the factory rock rails, I think i like the thinner DSS ones which should be better off road - sorta trying to replace capability that i am otherwise removing. They do call it a slider, not sure how they stack up in that capacity to the ones twice or more the price, like ARBs for instance. But whatever i bolt on has to at least satisfy the day to day need of allowing easy access to the vertically challenged
Tunagates
Tunagates
@JBMontclair did you sort out the front plate issue? I ordered from a guy on here who had a perfect solution - pissed the dealer drilled in my bumper blocked the break assist sensor.. insane how they didnt know their placement blocked the detector
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
@Tunagates I haven’t yet but probably should.. I read the accessory guidelines pdf posted yesterday and by fords own doc the oem bracket is not optimal for cooling. It just to move it now means fixing body damage done by the install
Sherminiator
Sherminiator
Mine should be here next week! Hopefully no Bullshit with an ADM.
LatinoComedian
LatinoComedian
Love to hear about trails, meetups, and group off roading trips. Also, when it comes to side steps, I just ordered the Rock Slide Engineering power steps/sliders. @Doetsch Off-Road posted a deal for members of this forum. DM him directly to find out more.

Here is a video of them in action:

JBMontclair
JBMontclair
I watched the video a couple of days back and I liked them, but thinking for myself of going a bit lower tech... Might be think differently if i had on 35s, but with a non-squatch I'm guessing i can make do with regular steps
LatinoComedian
LatinoComedian
@JBMontclair with the Sasquatch package, my 5'1" wife told me that i needed to get steps because she wasn't about to use a fireman's ladder to climb into the car every day. I liked that these came down 12" for her tiny legs.
JPMonahasn
JPMonahasn
those steps are cool. i am looking for protection from cars next to me.
Reactions: LatinoComedian
LatinoComedian
LatinoComedian
@JPMonahasn yeah. These don't come out as much so I don't think they will protect as much as some of the others. I was looking for a bit of cleaner lines for my horse.
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
I guess what will help me decide (in case someone from go rhino or their retailers is watching this) is decent pics of the various step offerings installed on both a normal and sasquatch bronco, as generally that is what we all have as of right now and there is not much else short of waiting till we can start seeing these products in real life. Also a side by side comparison would be great too.. As of right now the official DSS photos are of a wrangler and since the style and body shape are drastically different I really cant decide off that
Sherminiator
Sherminiator
For people who have taken delivery of their Broncos in NJ, can you PM me and state if you paid MSRP?
jacksonkaiman
jacksonkaiman
I'll let you know tomorrow when I pay for it
JPMonahasn
JPMonahasn
what interest rate is Ford offering? My Bronco comes in two weeks from now. I am using Causeway in Manahawkin
Tunagates
Tunagates
I had BOFA, 5%… and i bought a house last year, so credit hasnt fully recovered yet.
Tunagates
Tunagates
Saw an Antimatter blue today in Glen Ridge - i was right behind him, only the 3rd bronco ive seen in the wild in NJ …. I think the deliceruws are coming …. Anyone know of good places for trails??
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
@Tunagates thx for the heads up. I don't think I've seen that one on the streets yet, just your lightning blue although i was at the prospect/eagle rock intersection and it was either you or the AMB on the far side turning but it was all too quick for me to notice the which blue it was.. I know you have the bottom stripe so will keep my eye out for this other one. We should be seeing more coming in.. might have to form our own club soon
JPMonahasn
JPMonahasn
Wharton State Forest - South Jersey
Penn State Forest - South Central Jersey
Jenny Jump State Forest - Northwestern Jersey
Stokes State Forest - Northwestern Jersey
Worthington State Forest - Delaware Water Gap Area
Lebanon State Forest - South Central Jersey
Brendan T. Byrne State Forest - South Central Jersey
Bass River State Forest - South Jersey
Belleplain State Forest - Far South Jersey
Abram S. Hewitt State Forest - Far North Jersey
Ramapo State Forest - Far North Jersey
Norvin Green State Forest - Far North Jersey

Read More: 12 places to take your SUV 'off-roading' in New Jersey | https://nj1015.com/12-places-to-tak...ersey/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral
Chrisplumber
Chrisplumber
So I am new to this group but have been reading these forums since the beginning of this horrible waiting process. I am not one of the lucky ones (yet). But I am hoping that through this group that we might find some places to let them run in the wild. Also am interested in mods and new equipment for us to dress them with. Hope to get mine before summer
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
Welcome to the group Chris. As your listed in byram your probably closer to suitable terrain than those of us in more suburban settings. Hope you don’t have to wait too long. Do you have a vin yet?
Chrisplumber
Chrisplumber
I am pushed to 2022 just went to reconfigure for a 22 Wednesday.
Perfect-Beast-2
Perfect-Beast-2
I wish I’d known about the license plate holder. What’s done is done. Why can’t it be on the bumper?
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
In future at least they should give us options. Isn’t that what they are trying to do? Also if they used a steel bracket on mod bumper they could have mounted it there and not drilled the paint
Perfect-Beast-2
Perfect-Beast-2
jaruss01
jaruss01
@Tunagates i would say I was the AMB in glen ridge but I got mine a week after you posted. There’s a big bend sas soft top a few blocks away that I saw a few days after I took delivery. So he probably got his before me. I’m running an AMB OBX sas hardtop lux with front tinted windows. No front plates. 4 dr
Tunagates
Tunagates
Looks great man! Hopefully see you around - im on Lincoln, last house before it turns to Glen Ridge
Tunagates
Tunagates
And if they offered the FE in antimatter blue, that wouldve been my color of choice - sick in person too.
WingedBronco
WingedBronco
It sounds like 4 of the 5 Montclair/Glen Ridge Broncos are members in this group.
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
Yeah.. soon we may have to spin up a more local group.. like Essex county or even smaller.. with production ramping up the orders and dealer stock Broncos should be increasing the number on our roads over the next couple of months
Perfect-Beast-2
Perfect-Beast-2
It looks like I should take a drive to Montclair. I’ll be back in NJ after thanksgiving. I have not seen any other Broncos except two sports where I am in Virginia right now.
bbrngr
bbrngr
Just got my window sticker. Happy to see this group, have seen a few broncos in my area, always wondered if any were members here.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views