Sponsored

Broncos of Pennsylvania

Scranton, Allentown, and Philly to Erie, Washington, and Pittsburgh. A club where Pennsylvanians can engage in Bronco talk, share ideas, and potentially meet up.
JBMontclair
Hi neighbors, I'm in the initial stages of planning to go over to Rausch on Friday with my Black Diamond/non-sas and looking for others that might want to go.. I posted in my NJ group looking for interest, but extending it to you all to see if we can make it a party. Here is the conversation i started over there: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/group-posts/3516

Its too soon for me to say what interest from my group as its short notice and for many a work day. Admittedly, this will be my first time going off-roading and I suspect if I get anyone from NJ to go they likely will also be novices eager to find a trail, which is not easy to find in my home state. So any interest, or anyone already planning on going?
Show full message
Reactions: ThunderSquatch
ThunderSquatch
ThunderSquatch
I would probably be willing to join, only problem is I donā€™t have my Bronco yet šŸ˜‚. Maybe next time. I am glad to see these local groups starting to form.
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
@ThunderSquatch If you got something else suitable for running the same trails as us - you need not have the bronco yet. Otherwise I already got a second person in mine (us planning on going is what started my inquires) and cant speak for others as i got interest so far but no commitments yet from either group (hey its monday afterall)
ThunderSquatch
ThunderSquatch
@JBMontclair yeah my Ram could probably do green trails if I threw the 34ā€ tires back on, but I donā€™t want to push it now that Iā€™m about to list it for sale. My Basesquatch is on the assembly line now, so Iā€™m hoping it wont be long before I can hit some trails. Best of luck to you guys!
dcg2
dcg2
That's almost 4 hrs for me. What time are you guys planning on getting there?
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
My plan has been to get there in the morning sometime after dropping the kids off at school (8am)... It's 2.5 hours away from me so that should put it around 10:30-11, after I've gassed up before going in. That is unless I can find a way to get an earlier start, now that i did the math, maybe I can convince the kids to wake themselves up for a change and take the school bus in. Once i got the Cyber Orange they started thinking i was their official bus.
Cousin Eddie
Cousin Eddie
I am planning on going to either Rousch Creek or AOAA on Nov 22nd. I'd prefer Rousch Creek but they require groups of at least 2. AOAA only recommends 2. Going alone means I'll have to forgo the more challenging trails (anything that remotely looks like I'd get stuck). If anyone is interested in either, let me know.
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
For the date Iā€™m going I think I found a rubicon to go with at rausch creek. Search for the Facebook group ā€œRausch Creek Connectionsā€ they use that to facilitate finding people to ride with
hoboo128
hoboo128
I was just at Rausch Creek last weekend. I'd definitely be interested in going again if a group wants to get together. I was the only Bronco there.
Cousin Eddie
Cousin Eddie
I just got back from AOAA. I'll post some info and a couple of pictures and videos later today. My son and I went. Spent about 4 hrs there. Total cost was $45. Had a blast!
Reactions: ThunderSquatch
hoboo128
hoboo128
@Cousin Eddie Ill probably check them out at some point. They're about the same distance for me. Four hours sounds like the right amount of time for me. I was at Rausch for 6 and I was ready to go home during the last hour. I was not looking forward to the 2 hour ride home. What are the trails like there? Rausch had a lot of rocks.
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
Iā€™ve been talking about going back out with another In town bronco owner and there are others interested on my NJ group. I am willing to try out AOAA. I did RC recently because it was slightly closer for us. Hoping the other bronco can free up soon but I know they just had a baby so I can understand that getting out can be difficult.
I did mount an extinguisher as I believe that is a requirement there. So I am ready for either.
Iā€™m a nonsas black diamond so prefer green mostly as Iā€™ve got some hits on the bashplates already. Can we cross coordinate this with the nj people?
hoboo128
hoboo128
@JBMontclair I'm in the same boat as you. Non-sas Black Diamond. I scraped on a few rocks that I couldn't see under water. How are you planning on coordinating? Pick a date and see who can go? I'm open most weekends.
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
I need to get final clearance from the boss lady but thinking of a day this weekend..
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
Looks like I can go this Saturday (11/27) anyone up for AOAA??
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
How do the aoaa green trails compare withRC?
hoboo128
hoboo128
I should be good for Saturday at AOAA. I heard that some of their greens would be a blue at Rausch. I haven't been there though. They're closed some days for hunting. I think they are open Saturday. It's worded weird on their website.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views