Sponsored

Sac Bronco Club

Sacramento, CA (and surrounding areas) Bronco enthusiasts
calgecko
I know there are some folks from the Sacramento area - I'm in Natomas - who else is in (or near) the 916? Where's the first place you're gonna take your Bronco off the pavement?
Show full message
Lainez
Lainez
Should be fun to play in prairie city
calgecko
calgecko
That's exactly what I was thinking!! it'll be a good place to go to test it out :)
Reactions: Lainez
lenitech
Since the Bronco won't be available until the Summer it will have to be a summer snowboard trip to "The Patch". That's a nice dirt road but not bad enough I'll scratch the new toy.
calgecko
calgecko
I'm not familiar with that.. .where is it? @lenitech
lenitech
@calgecko Near Red Lake off Highway 88. It used to be somewhat of a secret but you can find it online now and they have been having Patchfest for a number of years now.
BoostedNerd
BoostedNerd
Im in South Sac. I plan on going to Prairie city or go out to EDH and do some metal detecting.
Reactions: calgecko
calgecko
calgecko
@BoostedNerd yup ... Prairie City is on the top of my list too :) I've never owned a vehicle like this before, so I'll have a learning curve, and think PC will be a good place to learn/practice
BoostedNerd
BoostedNerd
@calgecko I use to go out there with my dad in his 79 bronco. So I'm excited to take my daughter out there.
calgecko
calgecko
@BoostedNerd that's awesome, man... way to create great memories for her (and you)!!!
Kickit
Kickit
West sac here. We are of the camping, backpacking, hiking type. Excited to see where the Bronco can take us.
BoostedNerd
BoostedNerd
@Kickit i started a little hiking last year. Looking to start to get into it more with doing some photography. Can't wait to be able to do more with the bronco.
calgecko
calgecko
@BoostedNerd I'm an automotive photographer, I can't wait to take this Bronco out and get some killer photos of it !!!
BoostedNerd
BoostedNerd
@calgecko i use to do some automotive photography of just my 2 Mitsubishi galants.lol I probably wouldn't know how to use my D90 if I pulled it out. ?
JesseS
JesseS
Roseville here... Will also go out to PC for testing. Old Army heavy truck driver, Previous Jeep owner, and have done the Rubicon with my rock crawler, but getting to old for the hard core stuff. Got the BD to haul behind my M/H as Ford didn't make the Sport towable (face palm!)
BoostedNerd
BoostedNerd
Sounds like well have to do a PC day with the group once we all get our Broncos in. That would be fun!
Natai
Natai
Didn't even see this group existed until today. I'm also in Natomas. Haven't owed a true 4WD before, so I'll just be getting into off-road. Early plans are trips to the beach and some easy trails in the area, trips to the mountains in winter, and then branch out into some spots in California we have yet to visit. Will also be my daily driver.
Mdemieville
Mdemieville
Just found this group. I'm in Manteca. Looking forward to getting out there and playing on the trails
calgecko
calgecko
any of our Sacramento area folks get their email with a build date yet?
lenitech
not yet. pretty bummed I see a lot people with much later reservations than me getting build dates.
Mdemieville
Mdemieville
Got mine this morning. Week of July 26th. Day 1 reservation
Bob Blaylock
Bob Blaylock
calgecko said:
Where's the first place you're gonna take your Bronco off the pavement?
@Seanette and I are in South Sacramento, near Valley Hi and Mack.

A primary point to my buying the Bronco is to have a vehicle that can much more comfortably and easily go in and out of some of the constructions sites on which I find myself working. Our current vehicle, a 2016 Dodge Dart, has not yet encountered any terrain getting in or out of a site that it couldn't cross, but I very often feel like I am well outside of what it is designed to safely handle, and often afraid of breaking it, or getting it stuck. Even many of the roads here in Sacramento are in pretty crappy condition, and rougher than what this car really feels suited to.

The very least capable possible version of a Base Bronco would probably be overkill for my practical off-road needs, but due to combinations of features that I am well set on getting, I've been pushed to the Badlands trim. If I could get the Lux Package (or even the High Package) and the washout interior on a base that would probably have been a much more sensible choice for me than what I ended up ordering. If you were to see how much construction-site dirt there is in my Dart, and imagine how difficult it will be to clean it out, you'll understand why the washout interior is a huge deal for me.

So, it's likely that the first time I take my Bronco off road, it will be getting into whatever construction site I happen to be working at at the time I get my Bronco.

Now, having ordered what is billed as the “Extreme Off-Roading” version of the Bronco, I am going to be itching to find places I can go with it, that I couldn't go in a more normal vehicle. Much remains to be seen about how things will play out by the time my Bronco arrives, with regard to how able @Seanette and I will be able to take time off of work, and how much is left of my inheritance by then, but I'm hoping, at the very least, to be able to go to one of the Off-Roadeo events.

On a more modest scale, I am thinking of seeing, then, if I can talk any other local who has some decent off-road experience and skill to come with me to Prairie City park and give me some instruction and guidance there as to learning how better to use my Bronco. Sort of a miniature DIY Off-Roadeo.

And I have a few trips I've envisioned taking, and have floated a few ideas as to trying to organize these as group trips with other Bronco6G members. My primary motive comes from realizing that some of the places I want to go are in remote areas, with little traffic and dodgy cell phone coverage, at best, and it would be better for there to be a group of vehicles there instead of just one vehicle alone, to avoid the risk of being stranded in the middle of nowhere in the event of a breakdown or other adverse event.
RedSoloCup
RedSoloCup
I’m in Roseville. Hopefully hit up the Folsom off-road park soon

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views