Sponsored

Central TX Bronco Club

A group based in Central Texas dedicated to sharing and enjoying what the Ford Bronco has to offer.
Draughon
Anyone else ordering from Planet Ford (formally Park Cities Ford) off Lemmon in Dallas?

Went by the dealership today for shits and giggles. Spoke to Alphonso (short guy, tattoos) who said he's the main Bronco dude there as far as sales go. They have two mannequins - a Wildtrack SAS, and a Base 2.3 with some Mickey Thompsons on them. I asked about demos and when we'd be able to actually DRIVE them - he said Jan 31st, BUT he already has 30+ people interested in buying the mannequins at $20k over MSRP, so we're shit out of luck on that side.

He said Ford asked them to keep the mannequins for at least 7 months (the Jan 31 date) and although some dealerships are getting demos in to drive, his isn't doing that. They're keeping them pristine to make more $$$ off of them.

Guess can't fault them for that, but sucks they're not going to have one for us to play with any time soon.

He also let me know that my 2D, Badlands, SAS, LUX is approx 1.5% of the planned production....SOOOO imma be waiting a while.
Show full message

Attachments

PC Austin
PC Austin
Draughon
Draughon
@PC Austin Hidden? that's just the regular Ford site account site - still sitting on "order accepted by dealer"
My res is 6/28/2021
PC Austin
PC Austin
I'm not sure how to get that page through my Ford. Com account page. Can you really navigate to the same page without the link? Folks we're seeing this page updated shortly before official announcements. When did you reserve?
Draughon
Draughon
@PC Austin Yeah...just go to Ford --> My Account --> Reservations and Orders --> View. Same info.
PC Austin
PC Austin
Ok. For me, Ford.com reservation page is different then what the link provides. Good for you if they are the same. Also folks mentioned that the link updated much earlier when they got pulled. Just trying to help.
Draughon
Draughon
No worries mate! I was hoping it was some ultra secret "you're order 22 of 100 in the next batch of builds" link. I'm already resolved to wait for at least 9-12 months for mine... hopefully it comes sooner.
Reactions: PC Austin
PC Austin
PC Austin
@Draughon I'm expecting the same. I'm a July 20th reservation and expect to get a build by Sept.
Draughon
Draughon
My dealer said he's getting 4....COUNT EM... 4 Broncos a month. SOOO...300 orders @ 5 a month = MY 2027 lol!
IROCnRoll
I thought the point of the mannequins was to be able to drive them?

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views