Sponsored

Bay Area Broncos

Here we go with the new G.O.A.T’s of the bay!!
Gene Dios
Thinking about a group buy plan. I wonder if it would be beneficial to create a spreadsheet with names/contact info filled with those of us that are definite buyers. This would be a locked, private list with the base details necessary that we would pass off to the winning dealership. Once we have B&P, this spreadsheet could look something like this:

Gene D.

[email protected]

(555) 555-5555 (one or the other, phone or email necessary)

Badlands
+Sasquatch
+High Package
+4 piece hard top
+cactus grey

(options you're certain of and ready to commit to after reviewing B&P and cost)

Payment: Ford Financing, outside financing, $5,000 down payment

I think this set of info for each serious buyer would be at least enough value for a dealer to take interest. Everything is set for them, they're getting the leads with relevant contact info with the verbal agreement that everyone of them is switching to their dealership.

Show full message
Mdemieville
Mdemieville
I agree that this might help. Should I pm you my info?
Mdemieville
Mdemieville
also it seems there are several threads with the same plan in this group, is there a way to consolidate them so no one misses anything
Gene Dios
Gene Dios
I'm not sure I'm the right one to build the spreadsheet as I suck with Excel and Sheets. But I'll give it a go if there's no one better.
TurkeyRun
TurkeyRun
Before we start committing to money down, personal info, etc. How about we find a willing dealer and ask them what they'd want?

Just sayin'
Reactions: Lainez
Gene Dios
Gene Dios
@TurkeyRun I'm thinking of it more as a bargaining chip to show that we are organized and serious when contacting them initially. We wouldn't share the info until we're in agreement. Perhaps it's split into two tabs or two files so that one can be censored. Trust me, I bought an Explorer just two years ago and know all about getting too loose with personal info with the Ford shops are here lol. They're like wolves.
Kuze
Kuze
I think we should tabulate who is willing to switch to a willing dealer who will give us a deal "In Writing". I think @Chief1301 is keeping a list of willing participants. He may be able to share with you the list of those willing.
Chief1301
Chief1301
@Kuze My Admin Assistant is making up a spread sheet listing everyone who replied that they'd be willing to transfer their reservation. I'll post it soon. I agree with Boston182. Let's wait until B&P comes out so we know who will definitely be making a purchase and what kind of money they'll be spending. The more information we can provide the Dealers the better. Money talks! I hope to post the spread sheet soon.
Kuze
Kuze
@Chief1301 Love it. This will be the best approach! Thank you so much for taking the lead on this.
Chief1301
Chief1301
@Kuze Glad to help Kuze. I'll do the best I can to get us all the best deal we can get.
Boston182
Boston182
This is exactly what I had in mind. I just figured we should wait until B&P for people to decide if they're all-in or not. And, if they are, they can supply configurations in their signature/reservation. That way the dealer can see how much they're earning/we're spending.
Chief1301
Chief1301
@Boston182 Agreed. I'll keep gathering information, and stay in touch with Walnut Creek Ford without saying too much. Everyone else do your homework, and I'm sure will get some type of discount if we play our cards right. We've got time.
da_jokker
That's my plan... wait until B&P to figure out what to buy... then dealer shop before the Oct deadline.... one thing though is I'd leave out the Finance part though. Maybe its just me, but I never disclose until we've made a deal. How I pay for it is not their business... giving me a good deal is.
Gene Dios
Gene Dios
@da_jokker Most of the time, especially when using xplan or some other discount tool, the best way for them to make money is from the interest. This would be more of an 'intended payment method' with the idea being that we want to make it look like we are some of the more lucrative types of buyers. We want to make our collective as attractive as possible. If we have people that want to pay in full or have a huge down payment or have a third party finance option lined up, that's fine. None of these dealers are out here to give us a good deal. I'm moreso thinking of it as a marketing tool on behalf of our group to give us more leverage, regardless of how you actually end up paying for your vehicle.
Kuze
Kuze
@da_jokker Agreed with that sentiment and approach.
Carbnight
Carbnight
I like this idea.
SeventyOne
SeventyOne
I'll join this as well, but agree we should wait until BnP is released
you4x4
you4x4
What's the end game though? Invoice? Below invoice? X-plan is already close to invoice and Ford Store is offering Invoice + $450. Just not sure how much more convincing a small group of people can be when we're competing against Californians with deep pockets willing to spend whatever the sticker says to pay. Kearny Mesa Ford has a strong presence on this forum and seem to be sucking up all the SoCal buyers, and they're only promising MSRP and X-plan.

Anyway, I'm in on the list regardless. I'm at Ford Fairfield and no way I'm sticking with them.
Reactions: Chief1301
Boston182
Boston182
@you4x4 I think anything that has dealers competing against one another for a large lump-sum of business is worth their while. I already have X-plan set up, but not everyone does. Even with that, I think if most of the members here (50+) band together, that's no less than $2M in sales. (Figure $40k on average per vehicle times 50...)

Imagine if we say, "Hey, you can have exclusive rights to $2M in Bronco Sales, as well as potential for extended warranty plans, aftermarket, etc etc... but you've got to beat other dealers. We've sent this out to XX other local dealers. What's the best you can do for us? Lowest price wins the lot"

...we are then in power. And we just sit and watch 'em squabble until the October dealer cut-off comes.
Chief1301
Chief1301
The goal is below invoice and X Plan, similar to the Grainger Ford in Iowa deal. If Bay Area Broncos Member(s) can generate an X Plan PIN? I will have an X Plan PIN. Hopefully most of the other Members will be able to generate an X Plan PIN as well. But X Plan will be in addition to what ever deal / discount we may be able to get. I know X Plan is a set price at 0.4% below invoice, with the $275.00 fee included in the "grossed up" invoice. But it seems Grainger Ford is offering $1,300 below invoice and X Plan. That's what we're trying to get close to.
ac360
ac360
Definitely count me in if we can get x$ or x% below invoice.
Currently my backup is the X-Plan. I don't even know if my reservation dealer (Mission Valley Ford, San Jose) accepts the X-Plan or not. If they don't, then I'll switch at the appropriate time.
da_jokker
I would say someone who understands it better than me, should detail out the Granger deal and find a west coast dealer, preferably in Northern California, that can best come close. I wonder how many reservations Granger has? Would be a persuasive number for us.

Xplan really isn't the issue. That can be had by many. Granger is going UNDER invoice for non xplan... thats what we are looking for.
Boston182
Boston182
If everyone is fine with X-Plan, I think the should just put in the 5 minutes of effort and do the Mustang Club X-Plan.

And I don't think comparing anything to Granger is going to help us. Granger is not in California. We've got different rules, regulations, fees, demand, and incomes.

We should stick to the facts and not sound like bratty children. We need to be strong in our approach, not "Well, they got THIS deal and I want that too!"
da_jokker
I disagree... as you may have read, there are dealers that are claiming Granger is not allowed to sell under invoice.. maybe it is a state thing, maybe not. I'm not talking about matching Grangers out the door price.

Simply saying that if there are dealers out there selling at or under Invoice without X-Plan, then wouldn't that be the deal you are looking for? Anything less is not a deal and can be had at one of hundreds of dealers that will accept the X-Plan.

Just my opinion so by all means, you guy do your thing. Chances are I would not be willing to drive down to the bay area anyway unless I was saving a significant amount.
Reactions: Kuze
Mdemieville
Mdemieville
If we can garner a discount similar to Granger, im willing to drive anywhere in the state

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views