Sponsored

Georgia Bronco

A club dedicated to Bronco owners in Georgia.
BigDeal
I need some advice. I was just told by my dealer that the Atlanta region has 0% Trailer tow availability for February builds. I was asked if I want to drop it. I am next up for the dealer allocation but I still have not gotten a build date, I am 520+ days out and I would really like to have this built before summer.

I am considering just dropping the Tow package but aftermarket Tow loses the 7pin plug and anti sway. Any advice. I am open to anything at this point.

UPDATE:
Received a phone call today from my dealer and my Bronco HAS BEEN SCHEDULED!!! The build date is 3/7. I still have not gotten the email from Ford yet but I am thrilled beyond words.

FYI: I dropped the Tow package so I am thinking that was the restraint.
Show full message
Reactions: bloominguez
Gene Dios
Gene Dios
I don't have much advice to offer other than 1-Don't trust anything that a dealer tells you and 2-don't sacrifice too many things from your build. If you're like me you're going to have this vehicle for 10-15 years so make sure you're getting the features that you'll be happy with. That said, how much are you going to need it for towing realistically speaking?
BigDeal
BigDeal
I am in total agreement with you on the advice of do not sacrifice. I have only dropped the PPF and nothing else. I do plan on keeping this for at least 10 years. I currently have an F-150 that is 10 years old that I have no plans on getting rid of. As for the usage of the hitch, I don't know how much I will use it, but it's just in case factor is the reason I want it. Thanks for the advice. @Gene Dios
FSUMcFly
FSUMcFly
I opted to not add tow to my order. I figure there will be plenty of aftermarket options, and the tow rating is low as it is. I saw a Curt plug and play option but it was only a 4 pin.
BTomorama
BTomorama
For the tow limit of the Bronco, a 4 pin will most likely suffice and you always have your F150 to tow if needed.

As far as dealer allocation, Ford isn't doing allocations by region, but by dealer and the tow hitch is a restriction everywhere.
BigDeal
BigDeal
Thanks all for the advice and perspective. I have decided to drop the tow package. I have other options for towing and at this point the limitations to the amount of weight the Bronco could pull would not be worth the extra wait time.
lil_mule_4x4
lil_mule_4x4
I realize that I am late to joining, but personally I would hold tight, given your next in line at your dealer. I had to abandon my orig early res due to dealer markup and just placed a new order with new dealer on 01/07/22. Like yourself, I am ordering tow for now, with the option to drop it if I get desperate enough to get a build date. I have resolved that I will likely be pushed into MY23, but I am okay with that it I can get my Bronco with my specs. Besides, this will hopefully give time for this markup BS to calm down.
Reactions: BigDeal
BigDeal
BigDeal
@lil_mule_4x4 I have dropped Tow for the time being in lieu of more news from my dealer that I will probably not get scheduled until May or June. I am waiting to see if by some miracle dropping the tow will get me on this weeks build schedule release scheduled for Feb, or March. If I am not, I will be throwing the Tow package back onto my build because at this point it is a lottery.
the blue potato
the blue potato
I literally just dropped my tow package a couple weeks ago because the more I thought about it, the more I realize I really didn’t need OEM package. I thought of all the times I would even tow something with my bronco and honestly 95% would be basic towing where I don’t need electronically assisted breaking or those kind of things. You just have to ask yourself What is the reality of what you’ll be doing with that towing hitch. I never bumped us up a few months earlier, amazing stuff.
Reactions: BigDeal
BigDeal
BigDeal
@the blue potato That is exactly my thought process as well. I really will not be towing anything of significance with the Bronco. I would like it for accessory use really more than anything. I have an F-150 that I use for all my towing so the TP really is not high on the list of things I need. I actually just bought the aftermarket hitch from Ford accessories for when I get my Bronco, so I am pretty much set.
BigDeal
BigDeal
@the blue potato Did you say dropping the TP bumped you up in the build schedule? Did I read that correctly?
the blue potato
the blue potato
@BigDeal no, I am projecting that I will be bumped up. Also if you look at the recent bronco nation live video, they also suggested to do that. I’m just trying to dealt with better cards in this crazy gamble.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views