Sponsored

Southern IL Bronco club

Looking to get a group together from the Southern IL area ranging from St. Louis, MO to Paducah, KY to Terra Haute, IN.
Whats everyone’s mode of finding some off-road trails? Haven’t had much luck lately…
Show full message
jjvalerius
jjvalerius
I already took my Bronco down to Moonlite Racing Offroad near Sullivan, MO. Goggle searches help, search for OHV trails or just ask around and talk to local Jeep guys/gals.
Reactions: Jchamp
618TRVLWILD
618TRVLWILD
Been to Interlake SRA and Badlands so far. Both a blast.
ne2000
ne2000
I've taken my Cherokee Trailhawk to Moonlight and SMORR (Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch). There is also a place called Vandyz in Missouri I haven't been to (they have a FB page). On the IL side there is Hillbilly Offroad in Jerseyville. There is also a newer overlanding annual event called MOORE in Springfield, MO. Check out this page https://mooreexpo.com/midwest-overland-routes . I did the SMOOR2MOORE route in my Trailhawk, but I'd call it moderate due to the possible mud and ruts. The bronco shouldn't have an issue if you have lockers. I also hear a lot about Badlands Offroad park in Attica, IN and Windrock in TN. May be closer for some of you. Finally, there are quite a few dirt/ gravel roads with water crossings around like Lost Creek which is great for a quick weekend ride. Hoping we can get this crew to schedule some events at some of these places.
618TRVLWILD
618TRVLWILD
Heard MO has OOAT you done any of it?!
smoot618
Should we get a So IL group trail ride going?!
Reactions: Jchamp and Matthew
View previous replies…
smoot618
@Matthew I'm about 5k in and living in Chicago (with no relatives or friends with property up here) and the lack of available trails is killing me....If anyone here wants to allow a 4 dr badlands on their land (he won't tear anything up) I can let him know! haha
  • Haha
jjvalerius
jjvalerius
@smoot618 Come on down, I got a 5 acre field you can mud in if you want.
smoot618
Jchamp
Jchamp
I just live vicariously through you guys until I get mine....but the outerbanks has turned into a 4 Dr carb Gray Badlands now haha...that MiC Top is killing me
jwmach1
jwmach1
It's been a couple years since I took my 2006 LJ to SMORR and Moonlight, SMORR was more intense than I'm willing to do with the new bronco, and Moonlight Racing gave "The Darkness" (the black 2006 LJ) too many pinstripes fora brand new bronco. I just wonder if I'm willing to risk that stuff yet...
jjvalerius
jjvalerius
@jwmach1 - meh, Moonlight gave my brand new Bronco pinstripes already... when I get a chance to actually take a picture and post it. Only had 500 miles on it and it was before I had the ceramic coating on it, which sucks, but now that they're there, I'm good with it. Wife wants them fixed though <sigh> so I guess I'll find a good autobody that can take care of them.
Matthew
Matthew
I think I went to Moonlight back in maybe 2013. Took my 1977 Bronco, and first trail or two in and smoke started rolling out of the dash as the main wiring harness started to overheat!
Matthew
Matthew
I think I went to Moonlight back in maybe 2013. Took my 1977 Bronco, and first trail or two in and smoke started rolling out of the dash as the main wiring harness started to overheat!

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views