Sponsored

Bay Area Broncos

Here we go with the new G.O.A.Tā€™s of the bay!!
WantSumBronc
Tried to catch some snow up on Mount Diablo today. It was very light and barely stuck to the ground, pretty cool nonetheless. We had fun exploring and checking out some of the trails and picnic spots. Fun to take the twisties in the Bronco šŸ˜€
AF6F9DCB-D5CC-493B-8904-61EA6975958A.jpeg

3A2DBCCE-25AB-41C8-8B0B-6D821D889A8F.jpeg
Show full message
Corsair
Corsair
Damn. Was hoping to go see some snow up there tomorrow.
Shazamalingo
Shazamalingo
You know, I've never actually been up to Mount Diablo. It actually gets snow in the winter?
Corsair
Corsair
Apparently an inch or so a year. Every once in awhile thereā€™ll be snow on the hills throughout the Bay Area.
WhoaNelly
WhoaNelly
I tried taking my CG BB 2-door up to Mt Hamilton today morning. Was foiled by a road closure and had to turn around. FYI for anyone trying to do the same, the office indicated it'll be closed through Thu most likely.
Daktari
Daktari
been up there twice now with the Bronco, well worth it if you've never been, or if you've been many times.

It does get snow at times, but they won't let you drive into the snow, last snow this year they closed the road by Juniper campground, you can hike further. No side rails, narrow road, they don't want newbies rolling down the mountain I guess. But do drive up there if you've never been, so many people out here don't even know you can drive to the top. A great short hike around the top up there too, awesome views, on clear days you see the Golden Gate and the Sierras.
I'll be back up there soon I'm sure, bought the year pass for state parks. Stopped going since you can't bring dogs, but doggy will just have to stay home when I want to drive a windy mountain road ;-)
Daktari
Daktari
anybody want to do a Bronco parade up there sometime? Could be fun. Takes about an hour from North Gate if you take it nice and slow. Not a speeding race track, too many bicycles and hikers, but really not the point either, the views are fantastic on a clear day. Picknick at one of the many spots? No dogs, no booze, officially. Really kind of a must visit place if you live in the area IMO.
BLMike
BLMike
You drove very close to the twin when you went to Mount D. I have been thinking of driving up 4 to Bear Valley. Not a bad day trip at all.
Reactions: Daktari
WantSumBronc
WantSumBronc
@BLMike thereā€™s a ā€œbeginnerā€ OHV trail off of 4 near Bear Valley, gets quite a bit trickier with snow. Itā€™s called Corral Hollow. Could be fun in Spring if youā€™re not ready to tear up your new Bronco;) Hereā€™s a link: Corral Hollow OHV Trailhead
https://goo.gl/maps/xXrAKC6AGiEECkWo9
BLMike
BLMike
@WantSumBronc yes. We refer to it as BearTrap Cabin trail. Done both directions in my Jeep. The half after the cabin heading towards the ski area is the trickiest. If anyone wants a chill off road experience start at the lower entrance and do an out and back to the cabin. Shouldnā€™t have any issues when no snow. Dont know if it is open now. There is also Uncle Toms Cabin. Havenā€™t done that one yet.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views