Sponsored

Bay Area Broncos

Here we go with the new G.O.A.T’s of the bay!!
kbobber
Greetings from Tiburon. Just took delivery of my v6, 4-door Hardtop Badlands Sasquatch last Friday! Loving it (as is our golden retriever! I would like some help on recommendations for good off-road trails in Marin, Sonoma, Lake County, East Bay, etc. Appreciate any recommendations on where to go and join other Bay Area Bronco owners.
Show full message

Attachments

omg_bbq
omg_bbq
Ugh Tiburon! I lived in Mill Valley for 6 years. Fond memories of going over to your little movie theater. I’ll be watching this thread, I also would be interested in local trails…when I get mine in Feb(ish)
Daktari
Daktari
I'd like to know too, I don't think there is much in the Bay Area. Little off road park in Livermoore that I think is more geared towards dirt bikes and ATVs etc, but none of the trail apps I have show anything within an hour+ driving distance. Hope someone knows something fun a bit closer! Jealous of SoCal and Colorado/Utah people, LOL
Reactions: omg_bbq
View previous replies…
BLMike
BLMike
@Daktari I think for me it will be Gaia or the Ford one. I think the Ford one you can have your phone on the dash and record your journey. It will also tell you when you used any of the hero buttons and such. We shall see. My buddy uses Gaia.
BodieMonster
BodieMonster
@Daktari - Hollister Hills is also decent for a day trip (I went there for one of the Drive the Bronco events), but you're right - SoCal and the Eastern Sierras are where the funs at in California.
Daktari
Daktari
@BodieMonster I definitely want to check out Hollister sometime, seems like it has some decent trails. Livermore has one too, but might be mostly for ATV/dirt bike, not sure. Much smaller than Hollister.

There are some things up north too, not sure how impacted they were with the fires, Mendocino National Forest had huge fires last year unfortunately, off road park near Stonyford and I think lots of trails there to explore.
BLMike
BLMike
Knoxville OHV Park. Haven’t gone yet but it is fairly close to you.
Reactions: omg_bbq
View previous replies…
titleistforged
titleistforged
@BLMike Did you happen to go to Crystal Clear Wraps? I just dropped mine off there yesterday and the owner was showing me pics of a CG one he did last week...
BLMike
BLMike
@titleistforged So that is you. He said full wrap so I thought sport. Yes. Mine was his first. He mostly gets Teslas. Super nice guy and dedicated to his work. He knows what to expect now.
titleistforged
titleistforged
@BLMike small world! he said that he has another bronco lined up after me. Anyway, can take this offline, sorry OP! Looking forward to your new Bronco hopefully soon!
ladeda
ladeda
Reactions: titleistforged
titleistforged
titleistforged
@ladeda This list is awesome! Thanks!
Daktari
Daktari
@ladeda good list, I guess I have to check out Carnegie, was never sure if it's mostly for dirt bikes and ATVs, sounds like it has some decent 4x4 trails. Worth a look I guess.

Not sure I'd call the Rubicon a "Bay Area Off Road Trail" though, I guess on a global scale it is, but....
LOL

Not familiar with the other areas on the list, good stuff to research, thanks for the link!
BLMike
BLMike
@Daktari I wouldn't take these in order. Based on what my buddy and I have done, Carnegie is just easy to get to. Quick fix type of thing. I mean...How can Carnegie beat Rubicon!? Even though I haven't done the Rubicon...uh...there is no way! I personally like the exploring part of off-roading, but OHV parks can be a ton of fun and I like them too. They are also good practice. So take the list as a good list, not a ranking list. IMHO.
ladeda
ladeda
Also, for those looking for Bronco's, try Tom Hillier Ford in Escalon and ask for David Hillier. He got me a great deal and the service was amazing.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views