Sponsored

Northeast Trail Ride Connections

Club focused on facilitating trail rides within the entire North East region of the US including PA, NJ and NY. Use this group to find others to wheel in these states
JBMontclair
We had a great time yesterday at Wharton state forest. I put a bit of a writeup on the events comments page. We had 5 broncos and 2 Rubicon arraigned to meetup only to find that another group had the same idea and rally point so we joined forces and had an awesome time.
Show full message
Gtrekker
Gtrekker
Hey, I haven't been following.... Sounds like a great day, where did you go? Any pics to share?....
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
We went to Wharton State Forest in south jersey. This is the public comment thread for the event: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/grou...st-nj-trail-ride-sunday-1-16.12/?tab=comments ... Dont see any photos up there or here yet.. We got a bunch of pics and vids that have been privately shared and I havent had time to upload any yet.. maybe someone else from the event feels like curating a couple of pics for the group?
bronco-ice.jpg

Here is where I got stuck.. Shoulda rode more to the left. A few rigs had to be yanked out of this hole. Note that im sitting in a pool with broken up ice
Reactions: Gtrekker
Gtrekker
Gtrekker
@JBMontclair - Goodtimes!!! I'm thinking that ice... I headed out to some warmer weather, California.
mykoljay
jealous. still waiting every day for my 2dr obx.
LatinoComedian
LatinoComedian
I posted up on IG some of the videos of me going through the ice...
broncoBlake
broncoBlake
Plan another one!!
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
I personally can’t go out again until after the Presidents’ Day weekend in feb. This group is open to anyone looking to go out in nj pa or ny so feel free to suggest a date and location and people may jump on board.. there were some on the NJ group talking of a Rausch creek trip this weekend.. not sure if that’s still happening
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
Ok all.. Things have gone quiet here so I figured I'd try to stir things up a bit. As stated before - i'm not planning on wheeling myself till after presidents day weekend but spring is almost here so I'd like to start talking about where we go next. It sounds like the recent snow cancelled the Rausch Creek trip that was being negotiated on the NJ forum. We can plan something there, or another trip to Wharton. We can also send out spies to see who else is planning something and crash their party. Maybe Tyler's group on FB (Garden State Overland) is planning something. I've been pretty good watching the B6G groups for NJ, PA and event DE/MD (cheasapeake broncos) - dont think any other events are being actively talked about. Also a reminder, anyone can post a date and location they want to go out here - it doesn't need to be organized by the leaders.

Also @JeepersCreepers , that powerline trail you had the 4x4 issue on, is that something any of us can get on or do you need to know someone? Thinking that might be a fun meetup and not a full day of wheeling - so might be easier on schedules. If its light wheeling i might be able to go before presidents day. But staying away from rocks for now.
JeepersCreepers
JeepersCreepers
Howdy, @JBMontclair. To answer your question about the powerlines, yes and no. That particular area is wheeled often by everyone from Jeep style vehicles to quads to dirt bikes but it's technically not allowed, even though it has never been enforced to anyone's knowledge. By comparison there are other powerline trails in the area that will earn the trespasser swift retribution. All of that being taken into account I don't think I'd organize a true group-style event on that row just to avoid the possibility of someone being disappointed.

There are a couple of other local-to-me options I'll be investigating soon, one in Mahwah and another which was just sent to me by another contributor to that thread you mentioned. I'll let you know if either are viable opportunities for another group style meetup like we had at Wharton.

I think I figured out the issue I had on the trail with my Bronco's "4x4 temporarily disabled" message. It didn't result in any actual damage to the truck and it worked fine again as soon as I got it off the trail. The unfortunate conclusion I've come to in the meantime is that this is not something which can be prevented and may happen again. As a result I'm a little hesitant to do all that much wheeling with the Bronco until I come up with a better way of solving the problem as it can really leave you stranded. (The fix is to drive around on a flat surface -- lol.)

I'm in the process of setting up a group to wheel Rausch's Jeep Badge of Honor trails. As of now I'm planning to do that in my Jeep with a few other Jeep friends but I'll probably extend the invitation to any Bronco friends that might like to go. I'll do a little more research but it appears to me that the Badge of Honor trails are pretty doable for most stock vehicles and the specific trails in question aren't overly "tight" so the four door Broncos ought to be able to complete them. Will let you know.

-JC (Ryan)
Jornum1
@JeepersCreepers Any insight on that Mahwah spot? I am about 10 minutes from there and would love to find something local.
Thanks,
Jason
LatinoComedian
LatinoComedian
Hey party people! I'm sorry that I've been AWOL. I'll keep checking in cause I'm ready to go back out. I saw that Tyler went in the trails the day after the snowstorm and I'm annoyed that i missed that. Don't want to miss any fun outings again. I'll post here if I see something coming up.
JeepersCreepers
JeepersCreepers
I’m going to run a short local trail in Hopatcong Saturday midday. I’ll be bringing my Jeep since it has a winch. Will probably be out a couple of hours max. If up to two broncos (or any capable 4x4 for that matter) want to join, let me know asap. Don’t want a bigger group just because it’s not a technically legal area but it’s often wheeled by many with no issues.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views