Sponsored

Puget Sound Bronco Brigade

A group for future 2021 Bronco owners to network, meet and discuss Bronco and off road related topics.
BroncoPVC
What dealer does everyone have their reservations at? Mine is Bill Pierre Ford in North Seattle. I haven't heard anything from them yet. Have you guys heard from your dealers? I know nothing about Bill Pierre Ford so if you know of a better dealer close to Seattle please let me know.
Show full message
Reactions: Skagzoola
t3n2and4
t3n2and4
I know someone who used to work for corporate, I went with Bowen-Scarff at his recommendation. They’ve been in touch basically once a month to verify that I’m still out there.
KCSO71
KCSO71
Bowen Scarff in Kent. They've already reached out to me a few times, both sales and finance.
MR_LEOBOT
I switched to Evergreen Ford in Issaquah and they called me right away. They are also on the list of dealers allowing X-plan, or othewise MSRP pricing.
Walrus
Walrus
I switched to Bowen Scarff, no ADM and theyre going to offer a lifetime powertrain warranty on it.
Skagzoola
Skagzoola
@Walrus DId you have to negotiate for that lifetime warranty? That's really impressive. Ford's warranties are pretty crap from what I've seen.
Reactions: Walrus
KCSO71
KCSO71
@Skagzoola
Nope it's standard for all of their Bronco purchases.
Skagzoola
Skagzoola
@KCSO71 damn, bowen scarff raising the bar!
BroncoPVC
BroncoPVC
Thanks guys. I did a little research and a sales manager reached out to me from Bowen Scarff. We've already had more communication than I have had in the past three months with my original dealership. I was pretty sure I knew the answer but I had to ask if a group discount was a possibility. It was not, but she assured me that there would be no ADM fees. I'm sold, my reservation will be switching to Bowen Scarff. Thanks for the recommendation.
Reactions: KCSO71
Skagzoola
Skagzoola
I made 2 reservations so I can haggle and go to another dealer if one screws me over. Korum in Puyallup and Bowen Scarff in Kent. As of now, Bowen will have my business because they have been regularly sending me updates and info; super engaged with me, which is impressive. I walked into Korum to ask a question and was treated as an inconvenience. And Korum has only contacted me once, and that was the auto-generated email they sent right when I made the reservation with them.
Reactions: BroncoPVC
View previous replies…
Tippster
Tippster
@Joker352 Yeah - but the fact they won't take X Plan is a bit odd - most other dealers in the area are taking it - so far Burlington seems to be the most flexible and sales tax there is lower for me - so I am really leaning towards changing my reservation to go up north.
Tippster
Tippster
@Skagzoola - I also got this note back from up North in Burlington - this may be a good option as sales tax is lower up north.

As a Sales Manager I wanted to reach out to let you know we would love to have your Bronco business here at Dwayne Lanes Skagit Ford and to let you know that there will be no "Second Stickers" on our Bronco's. We want happy customers out on the road referring good customers like yourself to us. As to the X-Plan Pricing we will also be honoring anything that Ford Motor Company is offering to their customers at the time of their purchase. I have had several customers change their preferred dealership and understand it is very simple to do if you go back into your reservation. If there are any other questions that I can answer for you please reach out to me.

Michael Credle | Sales Manager
Dwayne Lane's Skagit Ford Lincoln
www.dwaynelaneskagitford.com
Call or Text:: (360) 757-6462
Skagzoola
Skagzoola
Aussieshed
Aussieshed
Even though I live in West Seattle I'm going take a little drive to save nearly 2% on sales tax. I have two reservations. One at Awesome Ford in Chehalis and the other at Jess Ford in Pullman.
BroncoPVC
BroncoPVC
@Aussieshed I've been reading up on that and everything I could find says you'll end up paying in full because you have to register it the county/city you live. I thought about doing that as well. I was even thinking about driving to a different state! Let me know if you have information I've missed. I'm definitely trying to keep the cost down so I can get the vehicle I actually want.
Aussieshed
Aussieshed
@BroncoPVC I've read the opposite. If you buy out of state you pay the rate of where you live. If you buy in state as a WA resident, you pay the rate of the location where you purchase, just like any other purchase you make throughout WA. It's why you see advertisements on TV saying things like "come over to Port Orchard and save on sales tax". Here's an example of how a Chevy dealership advertises that advantage:

https://www.northwestchevrolet.com/lowest-sales-tax
KCSO71
KCSO71
@Aussieshed
This is correct as far as I understand it as well. Diff county pay that amount of sales tax. Diff state pay local sales tax. Weird rules.
Joker352
I'm going through Korum in Puyallup now, but I may have to change up to Bowen-Scarff. Aside from some emails unrelated to my reservation, I don't think I've had a single call or anything from Korum. Huh.
NeoS281
NeoS281
I'm a bit late to this thread but I reserved a Wildtrak at Autonation Ford Bellevue during launch. I've been in constant communication with the GM but I'm concerned that ADM is a possibility. I might confirm with them today on that.
Tippster
Tippster
I called Bill Pierre and their sales manager Eric confirmed for me - they will honor X-plan and all other plans ford allows - if you don't have access to one of them - MSRP is what he said they are going with.
Tippster
Tippster
I am headed up to talk to Skaget and see if I can convince them to go below MSRP for our group here in Washington like some have found success in California and Oregon. If I have some idea of who else might jump ship and go up there if the deal is right - anyone else interested if I can get under the MSRP $1000-$2000? - No idea what will come of it but if I can say I have a dozen others who will switch - it might help. Hell - if someone else even wanted to go with me and we showed up with a few of us - that might just push them over the edge - something to think about.
MillerBuilt
MillerBuilt
I will consider Skagit if they offer below MSRP and a location of lower tax rate. But, I do like the Bowen Scarff Lifetime Powertrain Warranty.
Tippster
Tippster
Skagit confirmed for me today - they will not be budging from MSRP but hoped I would refocus on their low sales tax rate of 8.5% - so no luck there. Did see in another thread where all Mullinax dealers are making deals (there are some from Florida and NC) - but I know nothing about Mullinax Ford in Olympia - if someone down south does - may be worth a call to see what they can do.
Br66co
Br66co
I work near and made my reservation with Frontier in Anacortes, WA. They are not commenting on pricing or dealer add on's and have had very little to no contact, other than a Email. Thinking of changing dealers.
Reactions: Cat
View previous replies…
t3n2and4
t3n2and4
@Cat I’m not getting any better than MSRP from Caitlin @ Bowen Scarff in Kent, but she is at least communicative and clear. The area rankings that I’m aware of for ease of dealing with people are: Korum, Mullinax, Titus-Will, Bowen-Scarff, Bickford, Epic and AutoNation Bellevue. I decided to try Bowen because I could get there for service in the future too - Oly is way out of the way for me. Don’t deal with non-communicative people. It won’t get better with time.
t3n2and4
t3n2and4
@t3n2and4 @Cat a friend had a good experience with Kendall as a dealer group and that is up in Marysville so it could be worth considering.
Cat
Cat
Tippster
Tippster
I am guessing - these smaller dealerships will not be willing to cut any deals until after they see how many reservations they actually have. We, as the ones with the checkbooks - still have the leverage so I would wait until the last possible moment to change to see who breaks on the dealer side and starts to advertise they will discount from MSRP. I have set my internal clock to Thanksgiving - and will move then based on who is making deals - if that means California - then road trip it is! :)

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views