Sponsored

North Texas Bronco Club

For Ford Bronco enthusiasts in the North Texas area.
BigBend21
Hey Bronco Fam! I'm a day 1 2020 reservation holder and after racking my brain on which build I want, I finally have grown the courage to place my order. However, I've been reading some mixed reviews about my dealership - Bob Utter. Some stuff about bait and switch pricing, and an allocation shortage due to overwhelming orders. Any advice on if I should change dealers, if so any deletes around NTX you'd recommend? Also open to driving out further within state if it makes sense....any help would be great!
Show full message
Vinny6G
Vinny6G
Interesting, I got mine at Bob Utter and the process couldn't have been smoother. I did not finance through them, but nothing was ever pressured or misleading. Maybe something changed?
reaper5252006
I can tell you right now, they have over 200+ orders at that dealership and small allocation. I recommend calling Ford Customer Service and switching to another dealership if possible. Try 5 Star Ford in North Richland Hills.
North7
North7
Can you please post a link where you read the negative reviews on Bob Utter? A number of forum members did a group buy with them, early on, the offer has since closed.
BigBend21
BigBend21
@North7 can't remember where I found that info. Think it was somewhere on the forum. Judging by some of the replies to this post, others have had similar challenges with the Utter group.
Reactions: North7
MamaD
MamaD
I'm with Bob Utter and the only complaint I have is I don't have my Bronco. I don't believe it's their fault so much as the stupid allocation process Ford is using. I reserved 7/20/20 and have placed my order twice. I was lucky to get in on their group buy early on and many in our group have said how easy the buying process was. I'm currently #134 on their order list and they only got 10 allocations the last round. So I'm scared I won't get mine until next year. I'm looking for another dealer to place another order to see if their allocations work more in my favor.
DalTXBtonco
DalTXBtonco
I ordered mine from AutoNation ford and my sales guy seems to think I should only six more months until I get mine but still no build date as of yet but ordered mine 1-1-22 so I'm prepared to be waiting awhile.
Pokey
Pokey
I went with Pilot Point and I can give you some good and bad about them (isn't there good and bad on all of them?) I live in Sherman and tried Bob(Sept)...they were so not interested in helping me or keeping the appointment with me to drive their mannequin. I then went to Bob's sons dealership, Blake. There I was told the wait would be 18 plus months. Decided to think about it. Called back to Blake's to have them get the mannequin for me to drive and one thing after another came up as to why I couldn't get a test drive so I went to Pilot Point. They had an OBX, drove it and ordered the same thing that night. Less than 3 months later I received my Bronco.
I later learned Bob and Blake had a bunch of orders(group) and a long wait time so I'm glad things went the way they did because I now am not waiting as others are. Was I completely happy with PP? Not really, they made some mistakes and could have been a bit more knowledgeable with the process but in the end, again, it all worked out. With that said, I don't know if they have order allocations left. I was just in there Wednesday and they said they didn't have a lot of orders they were waiting on. The did sell at MSRP but they also added some PPF on the doors, a recovery system and something else that basically totaled the delivery fee(instead of charging the delivery fee they put the goodies on!) I was told upfront so it wasn't a surprise.

Good luck to you and hope your successful in finding a dealer! I'm so happy with my Bronco and so glad things happened just the way they did!!
BigBend21
BigBend21
Thanks for this detailed reply!!! I'm looking forward to ordering hopefully this weekend and will pay Pilot Point a visit!
webspoke
webspoke
They are my local dealer and are decent, good service there on my trucks and cars. Also look at Glen Polk Ford in Gainesville, that's where I got mine. Small dealer, but probably has a good balance of orders vs allocation. On by bronco reservation with them we got scheduled in the 2nd week of scheduling (actual build got very delayed, Ford's fault). I used them for my f150 lightning reservation, and got picked for wave 1 ordering also. PM me for a good contact there.
BlueBronco
BlueBronco
I am a little late to reply on this but I don't venture into the Clubs very often (this may actually be my first post in here). BB21 what did you decide on? Did you place an order with Bob Utter or elsewhere? As far as the Group Buy with them is concerned, yes they are battling the allocation formula like all dealerships but everyone I know who has taken delivery has had a great experience with them and I haven't seen these negative reviews you speak of. Anyway, if you are still with BU shoot me a PM and I will resend you the link to our Private Thread that is full of info.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views