Sponsored

New England Broncos

Group for people in New England to talk, show off, and go off roading
JeepsR4kids
Ok so real quick, Ford is now testing the Sasquatch package on the 2.3 manual. ??‍♂ I want the V6 with Sasquatch with manual transmission. Reason being the 4 is a Direct injected engine which loses power over time due to valves getting dirty. So they need to be walnut blasted every 50k-70k miles. The V6 is a port and direct inject which keeps the valves clean. Also don’t want the 4 struggling to move the larger tires and vehicle when you can have a bigger engine do it with more ease due to the torque of the V6. Is anyone else with me?
Show full message
Reactions: CapeCodCash
NateL
I agree with what you’re saying but, for me it’s auto all day. I spent enough time driving manual trucks and still do that I just want to push the gas and go. Plus I’m pretty sure auto is subjectively better for off roading.
BuzzyBud
One of the advantages of waiting and waiting is the ability to analyze our decision making and how we plan to use our Bronco. I am now leaning toward overlanding and camping along the way.

I see advantage to a 4 door and 6 cylinders for all the gear. As we add in Sasquatch, hardtop, auto, etc. the price begins to approach the price of an F150 Raptor!

This week I inspected an F150 Raptor Supercrew in Ford Performance Blue. Base price = $56,440.00, Destination charge = $1,695.00, Total MSRP = $58,135.00 Even as a base level truck, it comes with many of the items needed for overlanding. How about a 36-gallon fuel tank! Nice! At some dealers and at certain times of the year an ADM charge might be added, but not at all dealers. Unfortunately, this truck was sold but the price and equipment seemed remarkable.
SulDogger
SulDogger
I’m with you 100%. First choice 2.7 manual if they offered. Second 2.7 Auto. Even though I want a manual I have zero interest in the 2.3.
Pain612
I've been V6 all along, and I was gonna end up with the 10sp anyway so my girlfriend can drive it if needed but I'm definitely happy about manual Sasquatch testing.
Reactions: Shotsy
Rosco
Rosco
IMO- I am in my second vehicle with this 2.3. The first was a 2015 Mustang 6 Speed, and I had that for 98,000 miles of complete reliability. Drove it all year, winter etc. Never noticed any performance issues etc. the only knock what that it didnt sound like anything special... I also had a 2013 Focus ST which had the 2.0l ecoboost and that had the acoustic intake tube (not radio noise) and that sounded great when it worked properly (ran that for 130,000 miles no issues also). My current vehicle is a 2019 Ranger four door 4x4. This engine is quite nice for the truck and I run 265/70R17 (32") rubber. I believe that it will be perfect for all the Bronco packages really. I also have a 74 Bronco that I put a 5 speed in with an Explorer 5.0 and Holly Sniper EFI. My only point is that I really think that there shouldn't be too much concern about the capability of the 2.3 in these vehicles- Just compare the numbers to the 5.8 in the 96 Bronco...lol
JeepsR4kids

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views