Sponsored

Colorado Bronco Club

A place for Coloradans to share ideas with other Bronco owners, organize meets, and plan 4X4 excursions into the great Rocky Mountains!
RusticSky
For those of you that have your Bronco, are you using the stock front license plate mount? I hate the stock placement and it looks like an after thought. Wondering if I should look for a relocation mount for the HD bumper or just risk it and not mount the front plate. I prefer the ladder option. Has anyone been pulled over for not having the front plate?

This seems like the best option if I do mount the plate: KR Off-Road License Plate Bracket for 2021+ Ford Bronco - 4x4TruckLEDs.com
Show full message
nbdybeatsthewiz
nbdybeatsthewiz
I got the KR Off-Road bracket and it works great. Easily removable if youre hitting trails and need extra clearance
kbutler1
kbutler1
I've been pulled over once for not having a front license plate. Happened on 6 just west of Golden as I was travelling back from Keystone. I didn't get a ticket but he did say that to prevent getting pulled over again to put it on. I never put the front on after that but sold that vehicle a while after. I haven't decided if I'm going to put one on the Bronco or not yet. My wife doesn't have one on her vehicle either and has never been pulled over.
Soooo, yes it can happen but I think the likelihood is low.
nbdybeatsthewiz
nbdybeatsthewiz
@kbutler1 I’ve seen people driving around with temp tags that expired in August 2020. So it’s really up to you if you want to risk getting pulled over. A cop pulled me over because I had my license plates flipped last year (didn’t give me a ticket either, just let me know they were reversed)
RusticSky
RusticSky
Driving without one is not a huge risk because its a class B traffic infraction. $15-$100 fine but no points. Having a valid rear plate without a front plate I hope is less likely to draw attention than the expired temp tags!
Tmurder1776
Tmurder1776
You're probably not likely to get pulled over for no front plate unless you already ticked off the cop and they're looking for PC. Parking Enforcement will get you though. I know Denver and Boulder both actively cite for it. I use the stock bracket just because it's easier than trying to argue with police, parking, HOAs with too much time, ect.
Reactions: RusticSky
RusticSky
RusticSky
@Tmurder1776 Good to know! Luckily I'm down in Castle Rock and my Bronco will be parked in my garage, but good to know if I park in Denver or Boulder.
Petek70
Drill a hole in the center of the license plate in line with the existing tag bolt holes and slot both ends of the tag next and just bolt it on to the three bolts in the front bumper (if you have modular bumper).

Attachments

RusticSky
RusticSky
@Petek70 Not as pretty as a $70 bracket, but that works great! It also does not mess with ground clearance!
Tripodbruno
Tripodbruno
no bronco yet, bought the 4x4truckled one-seems like a good product. Plan on getting pulled over for a front plate. My wife has a Tesla, many Tesla drivers are running without front plates. I got a low mounted aftermarket bracket. We have been pulled over 3 times to check for a plate and no other violation involved. Bronco stands out and will get attention just like Teslas did 3 years ago.
beagletim
I went with the Valkyrie relocation. Great quality but it will impact entry angle slightly. I informed my dealer that I did not want them to install my front license plate holder so no holes in the factory mounting location.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views