Sponsored

Georgia Bronco

A club dedicated to Bronco owners in Georgia.
GiddyUp
Great news about shipping from Granger!!!

Thanks to @Hobgoblin in letting me know of post concerning discount group shipping to Colorado, I reached back out to Albert at Granger about shipping prices to ATL. Granger reached out to me weeks back about the shipping company I used, knowing it was a family owned biz (typical Granger theme), and it looks like they are going to be working together! Hence why that CO group had such a great rate.

So, Albert went back to the shipping company to update the group shipping cost to ATL. We are now looking at $450 (with a fuel caveat in place since we are months out). Each load to GA will be able to haul 5-6 rigs at a time on an open trailer.

This price is so competitive due to the volume Albert has available for GA. Albert also mentioned that the shipping company thought the Bronco was much larger (weight & dimensions) when they quoted me an individual price of $850. But even that price was beating anything else I could find!
Show full message
Mantis
Mantis
YES! I was just chatting with Albert on Monday about getting an updated rate--this is fantastic.

Want to clarify, is this contingent upon us shipping Broncos together or does the trailer just need to have any 5 cars on it?
Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin
Great work @GiddyUp ! That is a huge savings over the previous quote. Glad to play a small part in it. You may want to post this in the thread on Georgia Dealers as well. Not all may be in this group.

I also noticed that many from further West than Colorado are looking to join the shipment to Colorado and drive home from there. Thinking the Florida group might be interested here as well?
Reactions: GiddyUp
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
@Hobgoblin Yes ... and thanks again! Yep, noticed that group gaining steam with folks jumping on board. Albert reached out to me via PM, so I will check with him to see if it can be posted. Don't see why not but just for "political" purposes. And ... we may haven't counted in the potential of AL, SC, TN and FL folks that might join in.
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
This would be for a group ship (5-6) rigs at a time. Something Granger, I assume, will be coordinating. We are still early so probably more details to come .... from Albert. I plan to fly up to "meet" the rig, travel local over a weekend with it, and then have it shipped down.
Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin
I grew up working those corn fields - one state over. Certainly need something like the Bronco to get through it. The only time I was in a car that got stuck somewhere and had to walk home was in a muddy corn field. We were trying to turn around from the road and the car started to sink when we pulled in. Then we gunned it to keep moving toward a grassy area and then did the Clark Griswold jump into a mud pit!
  • Wow
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
@Hobgoblin Gladded you survived to tell us the tale! Yes ... you do need a Bronco! haha
92EddieBauer
92EddieBauer
@Hobgoblin I grew up about 45 minutes from Dubuque in Illinois. As much as I want to make a week out of it and visit family I think shipping is a way better option
Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin
At least it was my friends car and his father's field. It was a pitch black night. His dad was not too happy to go pull it out the next day with a tractor. Good tale to tell.
buckthis
buckthis
I’m in Alabama just across the Chattahoochee from Columbus and would be interested. Curious as to how it will work based on reservations and when Granger gets it.
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
@buckthis Hey there ... yeah, Granger stated in the past that they are going to put together a Bronco Team to handle all things Bronco when the time arrives. I will assume this will cover coordinating Bronco's that arrive from MI, grouping them and then staging them for shipment. Keep in mind only so many will arrive like each week, so it will get crazy but probably not too crazy. Granger will also have to set aside space for those that need to make plans to visit and pickup as well.
ATLUTDFAN
ATLUTDFAN
@GiddyUp Great news!! I just moved my both my FE reservations to Granger. Do we have a list of reservation holders started for Georgia that would be doing this?
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
@ATLUTDFAN Best screen image ... ever!!!! Miss going to the games!!! No formal list as of yet, though, Albert I'm sure has such a list. More than likely that will be compiled as actual orders are placed thru him. My guess at least since that way he has committed numbers etc.
GreatDaneMom
GreatDaneMom
@GiddyUp When emailing Albert about shipping my Bronco, he said he would need to know that at the time of order. You can check with him to see if that's still the case. Thanks for taking the lead on this... it's great news!
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
ATLColonial
ATLColonial
$450 is a pretty compelling price point! Using the spreadsheet that makes the potential savings with Granger closer to $1k as opposed to $500 or so, definitely cutting down on my "hassle price".
View previous replies…
ATLColonial
ATLColonial
@GiddyUp There's a waffle house across the road from Krause Family Ford in Woodstock.
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
@ATLColonial The key is to find a really big location for a semi sized truck ... full of Bronco's. Then, enough space to be able to offload and stage them comfortably etc. Since I had a 2nd cup of coffee, I think I found such a location, and one with plenty of eateries with outdoor seating. I will create a new post where I can place a screen copy image.
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
@ATLColonial I'll have to post it later on since it appears the B6G site is either updating or having issues. It will not allow me to post "images" .... only a "link" to an image. Never seen that happen before.
Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin
@GiddyUp that is a great idea. I am planning on driving mine home to make it a fun road trip. However, I love the idea of having a party to welcome the new Broncos and meet everyone. That will help build our group for those who select this route!
mkhutch
mkhutch
Thanks @GiddyUp Thats bad ass and great news
Atlsquad4
I just contacted Albert to switch my reservation to Granger. I am not satisfied with the answers out of my local dealer. Count me in on shipping mine.
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
Welcome aboard the Bronco Train!!!!
GreatDaneMom
GreatDaneMom
I'm torn between shipping to the ATL and wanting to pick my rig up in Iowa... not for the scenic drive back but just so I can meet Albert @Granger Ford! The dude's an icon... straight up cult status!

UPDATE: Just had an Ah-Ha moment! If logistically possible, I'm gonna fly to IA to inspect my baby and meet Albert then have my rig shipped with the GA deal. BTW I got an email from Albert in August where he said at that time GA was second only to Iowa in terms of the numbers of reservations at Granger. So we should have regular convoys headed our way!
Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin
He sure is. I know that @GiddyUp is flying up to meet Albert and drive the new Bronco around and then fly back but will ship it home. That could be a good option if you wanted.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views