Sponsored

North Texas Bronco Club

For Ford Bronco enthusiasts in the North Texas area.
Maggieandmike
Recently installed the rough country spare tire relocation bracket. I have noticed that my spare tire now rattles when I’m driving. Is this something that others have experienced? If so how do I fix this very irritating rattle? I have a Sasquatch so I’m hanging a 35in tire on the spare tire bracket.
Show full message
North7
North7
I would post this question in the main forum, you will get many more people there who have added the bracket to see what their experiences are.
Harumph
Harumph
Interested to learn more. What's the purpose of the relocation bracket? I also have sasquatch and thinking going with a true 35" when it's time to replace my tires.
DentonDreamMaker
DentonDreamMaker
I have the same bracket & mine doesn't rattle. But I have 37s so maybe the added weight helps.
Maggieandmike
Maggieandmike
The feedback I have received from the main group has been the rattle is due to the lack of bump stop contact after the tire is moved away from the back of the bronco. I’m going to extend the stock bump stops out to the tire to see if that solves the rattle. Seems to be a common problem and solution.
Gangstead
Gangstead
I just put this bracket on yesterday to hang my 37" tire on the back (104 lbs vs 76 for the original steel wheel). I've only done 2 drives and haven't noticed anything. Maybe one of the 12 bolts isn't tight?
Maggieandmike
Maggieandmike
I was finally able to take off the spare and look at the situation. After some inspection I came to the conclusion that the rattle was caused by idiot that installed the bracket. The guy that installed it did not take the time to add a few extra washers to the included hardware and was in such a rush to complete the job that he did not correctly tighten all the bolts. It is clear that it was a rush job with no regard for quality. That is the last time I let that guy work on my bronco. Wait. I installed it. Guess you get what you pay for.
Gangstead
Gangstead
For the 8 bolts where the carrier goes I thought the washers that came with with the bracket seemed kind of undersized. I still used them, but if I ever take the tire off for any reason I'll find some bigger washers to put on instead.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views