Sponsored

Georgia Bronco

A club dedicated to Bronco owners in Georgia.
Hey guys...just joined the club! Went to cashes valley yesterday...fun outing....but holy cow. Picked up a few scratches not from sticks or anything but the damn tires picking up the gravel and throwing them all down the sides....looks like I'm gonna have to go ugly and get some mudflaps...what have yall done to stop this? Will rock sliders mostly stop this or atleast help?
Show full message
Reactions: LIVETOLEARN
Gene Dios
Gene Dios
Embrace the beauty marks. šŸ˜

The mud flaps that the litebrite youtubers added to thier bronco looked cool. Quick attach /detach so you can just wear then when wheeling if you dislike the styling normally
Calm horse
@Gene Dios I think i saw some of their video.but the flaps weren't available yet to public and I could only stomach so much of the litebright videos.
Calm horse
I eventually pulled over at gas station and removed the remaining few hundred stones from tires
Nick72
Nick72
Side steps help some, but the front area if the front doors still get rocks.
Unfortunately, mud flaps are the only option that will help that I'm aware of.
I'm going to have to get some soon.
ChompSticks
ChompSticks
I picked up advance auto mudflaps and spent about 1-2 hours trimming, mounting and bolting them up. Will work with non Sasquatch with rock rails. They arenā€™t wide enough for the flares I think.

Attachments

kevin.gt
kevin.gt
Iā€™m not sure if this is coincidence, but mine no longer (1200 miles) throws rocks as bad as they did on my first trail ride (300 miles). Still cringeworthy but I donā€™t feel like I need to immediately pull over and start plucking stones from the tires after going on some gravel. Right now my plan is a paint pen. I kinda want to figure out something with $30 Amazon flaps mounted to a long L bracket attached to crash bars for fairly easy on/off, but havenā€™t spent any time on it. I canā€™t stomach $400 flaps
DREWR13
DREWR13
@kevin.gt ya know mine don't hold rocks as much either and I hit the trails frequently. I've got 8k miles on my tires now. I also somehow haven gotten a rock chip. Well at least one I found yet.
Gene Dios
Gene Dios
Someone should try a product that's essentially fender flares with flaps built in /integrated into the design. Easy to take advantage of the quick release aspect and swap them. Then again they'd probably charge $600 minimum
LIVETOLEARN
LIVETOLEARN
I have 2 options and neither are cheap, but worth considering as an alternative to mudflaps.

1. I covered all my panels in PPF. I hear the rock hitting them especially coming off the trails but I haven't seen a thing. No worries about rocks, limbs, even UV light fading my paint.

2. I installed Rockslide Engineer rock rails. They protect my doors from dings in parking lots and rocks from tires since they stick out past the door.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views