Sponsored

ARIZONA Bronco Club

Arizona club designed to hold possible outings and get togethers in various places around AZ. BBQ's, Saturday group meets, coffee and cars morning, drag racing...jk but maybe?
Mr. Plow
Hey guys, has anyone had to use touch up paint? I'm considering going with touchupdirect.com, but wondering if anyone has used their stuff?

I'm starting to get rock chips on the hood, I have about 2 that are pretty deep and I want to get this fixed before I put the hood deflector on top. Don't want any moisture trapped in there causing any corrosion to the paint or aluminum.

I do my best to avoid any rock carrying dump trucks like the plague, damn these AZ roads!
Show full message
RynoRanger
RynoRanger
Not yet - I PPF'd the frontal stuff and hood so... hopeful that keeps me 'safe'. but yeah AZ sucks for this. Already 2 windshields in the wife's car this year. I broke my foot so I haven't been driving much so maybe that's saving me.
Mr. Plow
Mr. Plow
Yeah tell me about it, since we moved to AZ (2018) we've replaced 3 windshields and have had 3 repairs. I'm even way more cautious when I drive the Bronco. Sorry about your foot.
Reactions: RynoRanger
Zero_chance
Zero_chance
@Mr. Plow don’t use the pens they’re terrible. I’ve used Dr Colorchip on my Mustang out here with very good success. Highly recommended.
enro
enro
I have a TON of chips. All over. I bought Ford touch up paint and attempted it yesterday, but the applicator isn’t the best. I’m going to try a little brush and see if that works. It’s just been too windy to retry.
Chuck_Ruck
Chuck_Ruck
PPF the A-pillars & rhe part above the windshield. Thats where I see the worst. I have a chip in the paint on the front of my passenger A-pillar, and hear bugs, rocks, and debris ricochet off the roof rack cross bar regularly.
JetMech
JetMech
We buy our color match paints from Space Age paint in Mesa. All the stuff we use is in a aerosol can so I can say for sure about touch up pens but you could buy a small can and get one of their silicone brushes to apply it.
Bigcat64
Bigcat64
Where is space age

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views