Sponsored

OKLAHOMA BRONCO CLUB 🏇

6th Generation Bronco Owners in Oklahoma
cybercoaster
Hello all! OKC here. Just browsing around. Had mine a couple months now, been a blast so far. Went off-roading with a jeep club in Gruber last month. Was really fun, and they were all really nice to me :)

I need to figure out something for the garage to take this top off and store. Seen some Harbor Freight solutions to some expensive purpose built ones. Anyway just saying hey.

20220507_125431.jpg

FB_IMG_1650156185612.jpg
Show full message
Smheard
Smheard
I ordered a hoist from amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X3KPCV5/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1B2SF9J2WBIQS&psc=1 and mounted it to the ceiling of the garage for my hard top removal. Unfortunately it' is still a two person job. I've got around $275 in it at this point.

After browsing around, post install, I'm considering an upgrade to the version from garagesmart https://garagesmart.com/collections/all/products/hard-top-lifter?variant=39620713775175. I think it's a better solution all the way around and hopefully will make it quicker and the top manageable during reinstallation.
xpathf1nderx
xpathf1nderx
Hey a brother-in-HPR! First HPR red I have seen in the state other than mine! I just took mine off last weekend and posted it in the top lift thread. I used suction cups and motorcycle straps to lift the top as I didnt want to use the strap on the window/top seals. I used to do that with my 77 and it depresses the seals and causes sealing issues (granted those seals were about 20 years old at the time). The tested the suction cup with a 10# weight on the cup on my shop window and worked for for a few weeks...I used "backup" straps incase the cups let go, but at least the weight isnt on the seals...and was easy to lift off one corner at a time. I have degenerative disc disease, so lifting was not an option for me physically. I like the top lift brand, and I think I could fab a method to use it on the 2DR, but will see how this goes this summer....rather spend my budget on other bronco items if I can.
gaspasm
gaspasm
Got my 2dr hpr sas sitting in garage now for past 3weeks. No trails or climbing in SE KS. Plenty of muddying 😎. Luv this thing, Except my boxer just yakked up all the pond water she ate playing at the cabin over my folded back seats. Why couldn’t they put MGV on the back of seats.
Reactions: ytrew54321
shawn6107
shawn6107
@gaspasm Mabett makes a rubber “flooring” type mat that velcros right onto the backs of those seats.
shawn6107
shawn6107
Welcome to the forum! How did you like Camp Gruber? I have a lake house near there and plan on doing some wheeling out there the next chance I get to go.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views