Sponsored

Georgia Bronco

A club dedicated to Bronco owners in Georgia.
kevin.gt
What radio do you all use? I picked up an mxt275 but am thinking it might be overkill for my use and I might just pick up cheap frs handhelds. Looking for advice and also wanting to make sure frs/gmrs is what’s often used by this group
Show full message
DREWR13
DREWR13
I just installed my mx275. I also have a baofeng frs handheld but always annoyed me so I went with the mounted 275. Haven't tested it out much but we shall see this sunday at Beasley how it does hopefully.
View previous replies…
GABroncin
GABroncin
@DREWR13 I'll disagree with you a little. The Baofeng handhelds I have, while needing the channel/freq programming like you said, come with detailed instructions to getting it changed and honestly isn't too hard to figure out just by pushing buttons. You can either go to an exact frequency (rare), or go to a preset channel (common). We use Channel 16 with 15 as an alternate, and it's 2 button presses to get it changed.
DREWR13
DREWR13
@GABroncin Yea its not hard to program just not quite a ready to go out of the box thing. NO real complaints with them tho and I will def keep mine as a backup or give to spotter etc.
GABroncin
GABroncin
@DREWR13 I've got one in the glove box and one on a charger at home at all times haha. Though the one in the glove box has been there for weeks (and used a few times) and still shows full battery, and I got the smaller battery. Thoroughly impressed with the little guys!
Gene Dios
Gene Dios
I have a set of radioddity GM-30s that seem pretty good though I haven't had a chance to use them on the trail yet. They have usb-C ports which is a huge plus to me, really easy to charge
Reactions: DREWR13
DREWR13
DREWR13
@Gene Dios omg yes the type c charging would be so nice compared to the crappy Baofengs charger.
Nick72
Nick72
You would probably like the mxt275. Easy to use and easy to install out of sight.
If you already have it, might as well use it 👍
DREWR13
DREWR13
@Nick72 This, I have mine completely hidden under my center console so when not using I stash the mic in the glovebox and forget its even there.
Reactions: Nick72
GABroncin
GABroncin
I've got the MTX400 and I kinda wish I had the 275. The 400 is a somewhat bulky unit with the buttons on the unit itself instead of the handheld, which means it can't be hidden like the 275 can. Pros and cons to both, but if I had to do it again I'd go smaller with the 275. I can attach pics of my setup for reference if you'd like.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views