Sponsored

Central TX Bronco Club

A group based in Central Texas dedicated to sharing and enjoying what the Ford Bronco has to offer.
Mr_Scoutmaster
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a vendor outside of the Austin area but in TX that may have not taken an absurd amount of reservations prior to March 19th, 2021?

I am looking to place an order with another dealer at this point. My reservation from last February with Mac Haik Georgetown seems like it might be sitting another year at this rate. The Bronco rep there refuses to give me the numbers on where I am in line vs the other early reservation holders and I believe it is because they literally took hundreds before the first window closed last spring. He alluded to this in some of our initial conversations that "they just took as many as they could." Well, that's a bad sign now given the allocation system, and I am unhappy with the lack of transparency. Mac Haik GT literally did almost nothing to secure my order besides placing it in the DORA and now they just want to keep me hanging around without any information. Further, he won't even give me actual metrics on broncos delivered, just that "it's been a lot of soft tops." Yeah, thanks...

Anyway, end rant - just looking for suggestions for dealers that you may know that are doing MSRP and have delivered non-reservation orders this year in TX.
Show full message
Reactions: JessD05
sergk
sergk
Just curious - why specifically outside of the Austin area?
Mr_Scoutmaster
Mr_Scoutmaster
@sergk From others on the forums it appears most of the big dealers in the metro area did the same thing and are just as bad about transparency. I've heard a few successes from areas like Corpus and Lubbock getting non-reservation constrained builds.
Reactions: sergk
TxMike
TxMike
Pilson Ford-ask for Tracey. Out of Illinois. Top notch sales team.
Mickey21
Mickey21
Even if you know those numbers, they make little impact at all to getting "the call" of the VIN. There is not a lot of rhyme or reason to how that truly works. It seems to be many factors.
View previous replies…
Mickey21
Mickey21
@Mr_Scoutmaster Biggest factor according to who? VIN and build (ignoring you are code 99) isnt going to be because of the dealer "number". I was supposedly 125 out of 220 (and growing at the time) with Covert Hutto and I was built 8th with ALL options chosen. You do you clearly, but agree to disagree.
Mr_Scoutmaster
Mr_Scoutmaster
@Mickey21 So you're saying Covert Hutto gave you 125 out of 220 when you asked? I'm just asking them for that same metric. If you were built 8th with all constraints I agree that doesn't make any sense at all, but it hasn't been what I've been reading in every-single-build scheduling received email thread. If you told the people who have reservation orders with Granger this isn't a factor I am not sure they would agree either. I am glad you got built though and maybe I'll see you driving around the RR area - to date I've only seen a CG BL 4Dr and a AMB Base 2Dr around here.
Mickey21
Mickey21
@Mr_Scoutmaster Correct, initially they even put me code 99 until I made them correct it, and that was a fight of its own. Telling me it didnt mean what I thought it meant. But actually it does make sense. Because the order priority of the dealer doesnt force when Ford is going to make it. They have their own rules and reason why they make a build. My reservation was 3 minutes after the truck was announced and there was any way to use the ordering system. I am sure THIS is what made my Wildtrak get built and Ford was going to use that are part of how they make their decision. Is it everything, no, just like your dealer allocation order doesnt mean everything. The dealer orders werent made in order either, I wasnt the only higher number order that was built before others. You have no way of knowing, and neither does your dealer.
gtx_bronc
Christine Boyd - Maxwell Ford. She answered every question I asked. At this point it is pretty well documented that the reservation system/number means jack shit. If I was still waiting I would probably place a bunch of orders with a bunch of dealers (that have been honoring msrp) and see what happened.
ATX_Bronco
ATX_Bronco
I had a good experience with Truck City Ford in Buda. I'm in Austin but went with them because they were a smaller dealer. They honored MSRP and I've had my Bronco since October. Reserved July 2020 though...
View previous replies…
Deanoo
Deanoo
@darthmario Yea they've been a little more open with me lately even let me know when they got that 80k wildtrak in wondering if I was interested lol. Well good luck to you I have a 2dr basesquatch on order and from the rumblings sasquatch isn't going to be scheduled anytime soon. If you get your vin I'd be curious if your experience differs from atx bronco in terms of adm. They were not willing to do a price agreement with me u til I get a vin 😕
darthmario
darthmario
@Deanoo Haha - yeah I've gotten a few of those "deals" come through as well :D Will definitely let you know what happens when I get a vin.
Reactions: Deanoo
darthmario
darthmario
@Deanoo Following up after a loooooooonnnnngggg time - finally got my Bronco on 12/23. No surprises when I went into the dealership. No ADM & I did get the 2022 pricing even though I had to change my order to a 2023. Definitely very happy with the entire process at Truck City Ford!
Gtown Bronco
Same thing for me. Put in reservation at Machaik Georgetown and have no idea where I am in the que. I am thinking 2023.
Mr_Scoutmaster
Mr_Scoutmaster
@Gtown Bronco I hear that. All I am asking for are facts so I can make my own assessments based on the current supply / market. The bronco rep at MHGT already told me that while they honor MSRP for reservation holders, any abandoned orders are getting ADM, which just tells me that they could care less about us one way or another, as they get the vehicle regardless.
Gtown Bronco
If I hear anything, will let you know. I heard the same thing that MSRP in place for reservation holders. Is the MSRP based on 2021 or 2022? I would think they would honor 2021? I mean if we go to 2023 it could add a lot of $$$$.
Gtown Bronco
Mr. Scoutmaster, did you get your bronco yet?
Mr_Scoutmaster
Mr_Scoutmaster
@Gtown Bronco Hey there! No I haven't! Radio silence from Mac Haik GT. I actually had to go ahead and get another vehicle. Still have the Bronco res, maybe we'll still get it who knows.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views