Sponsored

BC Broncos

Bronco club of British Columbia
RJOBX
Hi gang - looks like my 2.7 OBX is scheduled for delivery in a couple weeks. I got impatient and ordered the 2" rough country lift kit. Any suggestions on a place in the lower mainland that would install it for me AND still give a warranty on the work?

I'm also trying to sus out some 35" tires/wheel combinations. Any of you do upgrades, and are happy with the mix of low road noise, and off roading ability?
Show full message
Bad_Bronco
Bad_Bronco
So, I am assuming you don't have the Sasquatch package?? Personally, I wouldn't put the RC lift kit on anything I owned. I would say sell it, and buy a better lift. If you do have a SAS package, the best and easiest 2" lift would be the Spring perches by RPG Off Road. Don't have to change anything else, and it will give you the lift you want for now. If you go the latter route, PM me and I'll give you a place to get them installed.
As for rims and tires..... stick to 17" rims, so you get a good sidewall, and room to air down if needed. decide what you want in rims.... do research, and then price them out around your area, and on line. Best way to find what you want.
Tires..... depending on what you are going to use the Bronco for. More street, with a little bit of off road?? BFG All Terrain, or many others are good too. I am running Mickey Thompson Baja Boss All Terrain tires, and couldn't be happier with them. Not loud on the road, have a more aggressive tread for all types of terrain, work well on the street, and have a 50,000 Mile (yes mile) Warrenty. Best tire I have ever had on a 4X4 period.
Hope some of this helps with your decisions, and Enjoy your Bronco when it arrives......
RJOBX
RJOBX
@Bad_Bronco what's the concern with the RC lift vs any others? I did end up getting a wheel and tire package that I think I'll be happy with.

Sorry for the delay. I didn't notice any notifications to this post and thought it didn't get any comments.
Bad_Bronco
Bad_Bronco
@RJOBX Most concerns with RC stuff is that it is made cheap. You would think that even they could take a piece of metal, bend it properly, and weld it good, but I have seen some welds on their stuff, that I would be ashamed of putting my name on it. No offence to Monkeys, but maybe they get them to weld their stuff for treats..... Just sayin'....... and you have to wonder why their stuff is so much cheaper than others.....
gmac71
gmac71
Sorry don't know anyone who will provide warranty work. Give the folks at West Coast Offroaders a call.
Reactions: RJOBX
Jordash
Jordash
Lowrider in delta did mine. No complaints here
Reactions: RJOBX
RJOBX
RJOBX
@Jordash thanks. did you supply a lift kit or they installed their own hardware?
BVan604
BVan604
Hey, I just had Budget Auto Centers in Langley (96th) do my 2" Zone kit today. They were awesome, and were excited to do some work on a Bronco. The owner i a 4x4 enthusiast and has Ford trucks himself, so he was in to it. They did the lift and alignment and did a great job.
RJOBX
RJOBX
Update (a few weeks late) I took it to Lowriders. an hour into the lift install I got a call and they told me the CV bolt on one side was stripped halfway up the threading and a replacement CV was going to cost $500. I said "well I brought in a brand new Bronco to you, and so either it's something you guys did or it was a build issue, in which Ford should cover it but why do I get the feeling I'm the guy who's going to have to pay for this in the end"

I posted pics on this forum and on reddit in an auto mech subreddit and the consensus seemed to be that they likely messed it up at Lowriders. But those guys wouldn't budge a dollar on the final price. I offered to cover half the cost, but I wasn't able to get my Bronco out of there without paying the entire $500 extra. Even the guy at 1010 tires where I took it after to get the new tires and wheels put on was surprised, and HE gave me a discount on his labour, which he didn't have to do.

I'm currently waiting to hear back if Ford is going to cover it, but at least the service manager is telling me he'll work with me if Ford says no and get me some sort of value back (he's hunting down a modular bumper and/or a hard top for me to buy)

All this to say, my experience at Lowriders was not the greatest.
Bad_Bronco
Bad_Bronco
Take to Lowriders for a Lift ??? Isn't that a oxy moron?? lol.... sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Sounds like you got a bum deal, and that sucks.... I wish shops (if they caused it) would just be honest, and take responsibility for their actions.....

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views