Sponsored

Bay Area Broncos

Here we go with the new G.O.A.T’s of the bay!!
calgecko
Super stoked... after almost 2 years of ups and downs, frustration, anger, disappointment, hope, curiosity, feelings of being lost, forgotten, etc - I (as many do) check the backdoor link daily (numerous times) - and yesterday saw that I finally had a build date assigned (8/1/22)! I immediately texted my (very patient and understanding) wife - she was thrilled for me. My day was going great at work - then Sean (@Gloff ) called me to make sure I knew I had been scheduled for a build date - he made me feel better about my decision to swap from hard top to soft top, and that definitely helped move my order along. Today, I figured out how to find my VIN, and seeing that , made it even a little more real. I'm still on a high. My pile of parts (side steps, soft top lift assist, hood struts, ARB Twin compressor with under-hood mount kit, new wheels, etc) are all stored in my garage, ready to go. Now, I need to figure out whether to try to sell my current ride (2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison) or just trade it in towards my purchase... is there any advantage of trading it in for a possibly lower price versus what I can sell privately for? Besides the obvious convenience factor?
Show full message

Attachments

ac360
ac360
Congrats! What's your reservation date?
I'm trying to gauge whether mine will get build this year.
I have a 8/10/20 reservation, also with Sean at Serramonte.
calgecko
calgecko
@ac360 my res date was 7/20/20
AzGrrl480
AzGrrl480
@calgecko 7/19 res, 2/14/21 order,10/16/21 reorder and got my build email today for 8/1… Badlands,Squatch, MiC, high package, MGV, and some other small stuff. Wish I would’ve left towing on though 🤣
da_jokker
It must have because I have a 7/19 with them and crickets
Lake Tahoe Traveler
Lake Tahoe Traveler
Congrats!!!!!
Natai
Natai
Congrats!
I got a call from Sean a few weeks ago with a production week of 7/25. Confirmed via backdoor link, but no communication from Ford. It held steady for a couple weeks, then showed 6/27. I even got an email from Ford with that date. Of course, last weekend it updated again and now shows 8/1.
Talk about a rollercoaster.
Anyway, seems like at least a few of us with Serramonte are getting close now.
calgecko
calgecko
@Natai yeah, my understanding is that the email communication from Ford has been spotty (at best) - no shock, after what we've been through for the past 2 years, right? I was able to get my vin by viewing the HTML code of the backdoor link (which only shows the build date). I was initially on the fence about changing from hard top to soft top, but the more I hear from people who did the same thing - and are glad they did - I'm happy with my decision - at least now we have a specific date to look forward to, instead of having absolutely ZERO idea when we might see our Broncos! Good luck to you, man! it'd be funny if both our Broncos got built and delivered to Serramonte at the same time. This whole experience has shown me that in some ways I'm a much more patient person than I realized (my friends all think I'm out of my mind for waiting this long), but on the other hand, I've nearly lost my mind a few times through this process!
Reactions: Natai
DC9atnight
Congratulations! I just got my email from Ford today for 8/1/22 build as well. 9/1/20 reservation Ordered with Sean on 2/7/21 and reordered on 10/15/21. 2dr Black Diamond A51 2.7, mid, mod bumper, adv 4wd, tow hitch and roof rack. Very excited!
ac360
ac360
@DC9atnight
Good to hear that your 9/1 res. is getting a build date. This gives me hope that mine may have a chance to get scheduled this year. Although it may get delivered next year.
Daktari
Daktari
awesome! Hope you'll enjoy the soft top as much as I do, you could not pay me to switch to plastic panels and storage bag. I open my roof for a one mile drive to the store, would never do that with hard top. Nor do I like leaving the roof off, the seats get nuclear when parked in the sun. Soft top? Just flip it forward, don't even latch it, instant shade. Awesome :)
BodieMonster
BodieMonster
Received mine as well (8/1/22 build date), and just got the email with VIN!!! Still in a state of shock but excited to see more Bronco's on the road in the Bay Area soon!
Wild Horses 4x4
Wild Horses 4x4
Congratulations!

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views