Sponsored

Bay Area Broncos

Here we go with the new G.O.A.Tā€™s of the bay!!
Hey fellow Bay Area Bronco fans, just wanted to share info I got from Walnut Creek Ford on Bronco purchasing. I emailed Sales Manager Shahram Travakol yesterday with some questions and he replied to them quickly. He informed me that WC Ford will be requesting a $500 deposit at time of order, which I feel is fair and is what I remember paying in the past when special ordering a Ford product. He stated ā€œWC Ford will be selling the 2021 Broncos with no dealer markup, at MSRP.ā€ Lastly, he answered my question about X-plan pricing by saying WC Ford will honor it as long as Ford allows it on the Bronco.
My family has had good past experiences with WC Ford and thatā€™s why I chose them to begin with.
Show full message
Boston182
Boston182
Just going to note that Serramonte is going $500 over invoice. So if that's the best WC can do, they aren't competing.
Pharm351
The way I read it is thatā€™s $500 above invoice for non plan purchasers...Iā€™ll be using X plan anyway.
simpleBO
simpleBO
@Pharm351 X-plan isn't available for the Bronco. Was announced today.
DC9atnight
Also, if I read it correctly, Serramonte Ford is not charging an additional deposit other than the original $100.00 reservation.
Pharm351
$500 is fine with me, goes towards purchase anyway.
Rkeally
Rkeally
MSRP = Meh
Chief1301
Chief1301
@Pharm351 Thanks. I met with Shahram in person yesterday. We discussed ADM, Plan Pricing, Deposits, the Bronco6G Forum, Serramonte Ford's offer, Grainger Ford's Offer, Stephens Auto Center offer, etc. Shahram basically told me the same things he told you. I recommended to Shahram that he, or one of Walnut Creek Ford's Sales Associates should post a thread on Bronco6G, similar to Sean from Serramonte Ford's thread. Shahram told me he would consider all we discussed before posting a thread with any offer Walnut Creek Ford may be willing to do. I will have an X Plan PIN as well, and the $500.00 dollar deposit can go toward the down payment. Considering Serramonte Ford's offer doesn't offer anything to X Plan buyers, aside from no additional deposit above the $100.00 reservation cost. I don't see a reason to transfer my reservation to another dealer at this time. Shahram has been very responsive and helpful to me. I'll keep my reservation with Walnut Creek Ford, unless another NorCal Dealership can provide something worth-whiled to X Plan buyers. And who knows, Shahram may come up with something for us?
ac360
ac360
Accepting X-Plan is a good start, but also meh. It's as if none are not even trying. Looks like all hopes of x$ under invoice are gone in the BA. It is what it is here. Certainly can't fault any of them.

My options are:
1. Stay local with X-Plan. Serramonte or stay with current dealer, depending if my dealer accepts X-Plan.
2. Texas group buy - treat it like a vacation and visit long unseen friends and family members there.
3. A dealership in Beaverton, Oregon ( Damerow Ford @ $1K under invoice). Close enough I can fly in and drive back on a weekend. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/western-us-buyers-group.5699/
Pharm351
More power to yaā€™ll that can/willing to fly out of state to buy. For me, with work and family, flying out of state to save $500-$1000 ainā€™t worth it. Iā€™m gonna be financing for 60 months, so that equates to about a $15-$20 a month difference...thatā€™s one lunch meal. Not to mention, I have a trade-in to deal with too.
Reactions: Chief1301
ac360
ac360
@Pharm351
Totally agreed on the time off from work and the lost wages.

For me, the Texas group buy is a wash. It's the chance to reconnect with friends and family that makes it a worthwhile trip. Plus, I'm hitting my max limits on my PTO. I have to use it or lose it.

The PNW group buy of $1K under invoice appears to be a net positive in savings. One-way ticket to Portland on the weekend + Uber to dealership + Gas to drive back to the BA. Expense ~$500 or a bit less.
Boston182
Boston182
I'm sorta laughing at everyone saying "No one wants to do what Granger is doing." Ya'll don't know how business works. CA dealers have higher overhead. I never thought we'd get below invoice. I just wanted X-plan confirmed. Serramonte even went further to say that, if First Editions aren't X-plan eligible (because dealers haven't been told if they are or aren't), that they'd work with us in a deal on them either way.

Granger has a low enough overhead to lose money on this year's reservations to earn more allocations to mark up for others. I don't think any CA dealer has the overhead low enough for such a long term play.

I'm not trying to be insulting, but you have to know a market before you can try to make demands. And if you want to fly out and spend a little less, while taking on that diminishing return, be my guest. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
simpleBO
simpleBO
Today it was announced that X-Plan is a no-go for the Bronco. Just read through all of the posts here, and this changes the perspective.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views