Sponsored

Broncos Of The Carolinas

Ford Bronco enthusiast group for anyone in North or South Carolina. Connect with other local past, present, or future bronco owners and discuss anything bronco or off road related. www.BroncosOfTheCarolinas.com
SuckItMcGee
Just switched my res from Jim Hudson Ford in Lexington SC to Stephens in WV. My local dealer never emailed/called/texted after selecting them back in August, and hasn't responded to my emails asking if they would be taking X Plan or to talk their expected pricing plans.

One-way flights from CAE to Charleston, WV are ~$120, with a 7 hr drive back through some beautiful TN and WNC mountain scenery, with an overnight stay in Asheville. I can't wait!

1601998519696.png
Show full message
Holliday
Holliday
About to make the same decision based on the similarly lacking communication from University Ford in Durham.
Holliday
Holliday
That should be a great drive, and my wife and I love Asheville. Lot's of great breweries if you're into that.
SuckItMcGee
SuckItMcGee
@Holliday Oh yeah, we spent about 6 years in Asheville, my wife works remotely from her company which is in DT Avl, so we try to make it up there as much as possible (COVID screwed up our last couple of planned trips up there). When we lived there, you could spend a Saturday bouncing from brewery to brewery and hit all of them without too much trouble. Can't do that nowadays, there are ~50 of 'em now and my liver can't take that kind of abuse anymore.
Ttp2017
Ttp2017
Im in Greenville and I have the same issue with Fairway Ford. I am calling today to transfer my reservation and I am actually looking forward to the drive, plan on taking backroads the whole way.
Wanted33
Wanted33
The local dealer (in Concord) I've dealt with for many years didn't leave me with a warm, and fuzzy feeling either. So, I reserved with Granger in Iowa. We really enjoy long road trips, and this will make a great one. As you say there is some beautiful country out there. That with picking up our new Bronco will make the trip double fun. :)
Joe Dirt
exactly how did you switch? I was under the impression it was during the time of placing a deposit that you were able to switch. I'm curious to do the same. Whats the verdict so far on stephens?
SuckItMcGee
SuckItMcGee
@Joe Dirt Called the Ford number 800-334-4375 (I found it in Granger's 'Changing Dealerships' thread as Ford's site was down when I went looking for it), she had me confirm my res #, name, address, email, etc, and then while on the phone she looked up Stephens, gave me some disclaimers about how you can only change dealers once, complimented me on my Wildtrack decision and read off some bullet points on the trim (lol), and then done.
My local dealer is to refund my deposit within 10 days (I think), and I immediately received an email confirmation from both Ford and John @ Stephens. I haven't spoken with anyone at Stephens yet, but I've seen all I need from John's posts on this forum.
Joe Dirt
@SuckItMcGee does that change your reservation status (put you lower on the reservation list)?
SuckItMcGee
SuckItMcGee
@Joe Dirt No, your res # does not change, neither does your res timestamp.
rcamwilkes
rcamwilkes
Also had mine at Jim Hudson Ford. Decided to switch to Granger because of the complete transparency similar to Stephens but they were the first LOL. Albert has been way too good to me helping me with courtesy shipment to Jim Hudson here in South Carolina. We are all about some road trips but not that long LOL. Just got back from Nashville two weekends ago and actually heading up to Asheville this weekend. Those are about as far as we will go by car.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views