Sponsored

Broncos Of The Carolinas

Ford Bronco enthusiast group for anyone in North or South Carolina. Connect with other local past, present, or future bronco owners and discuss anything bronco or off road related. www.BroncosOfTheCarolinas.com
tbnlulz
Anyone driven on beaches at Ocean Isle? I have a standing invite in a few weeks after my Bronco arrives.
Show full message
BroncoMax21
BroncoMax21
Didn't know you could drive on Ocean Isle. When are you set to arrive?

Saw a nice soft top Wildtrak today about 30 minutes from there with hood scoop, aftermarket bumper, vinyl decal running across and custom wheels on what seemed like a 2" lift. Is that person in this group?
tbnlulz
tbnlulz
I wasn't quite sure if you could either.
dberg71
dberg71
I would be interested but Ocean Isle has a strict policy of no motor vehicles on the beach. How are you getting around that?
heelyeah
heelyeah
Don't think that will be an option for you at OIB. Closest option would be to ride the ferry over from Southport to Fort Fisher and drive out there.
tbnlulz
tbnlulz
Yeah, I'm not getting around that. Was just wondering if it was even possible. Fort Fisher sounds like a good option. Thanks guys!
BroncoMax21
BroncoMax21
I was out on Fort Fisher a few weeks ago. Didn't air down and things went fine. I think the day pass was $30 and season pass is $90. Can also go Carolina Beach but I haven't been yet.
obx_rick
obx_rick
I was at Fort Fisher Saturday... also did not air down but I think it would've handled a lot better if I had. Steering was difficult at anything about 2-3 mph... Mostly I was in 4H.

*almost* got stuck in some really soft sand after coming to a stop and turning off the engine. When I turned it back on, it came on in 2 wheel drive mode and when I switched for 4H it said I had to pull forward to get into 4 wheel drive. Well, pulling forward wasn't really happening :) I did manage to get it into 4WD though.

So, I guess... be careful where you stop!

I dunno why it came on in 2WD mode... it didn't do that later in the trip.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views