Sponsored

Central TX Bronco Club

A group based in Central Texas dedicated to sharing and enjoying what the Ford Bronco has to offer.
Hey guys, I know this is a bit of a late post since I've been thinking about it for the past 2 days. Basically, I called the dealership I did a walk-in order for a base 2-door the day before, just to check if I was "unscheduled clean". To be completely honest I don't even know what that means, but I decided to give it a shot to see if they can give me some sweet info about my order. Salesman didn't know what that meant either since he wasn't the one I originally put the order with, so he put me on hold to talk to the ordering manager. Lo and behold, after 2 minutes of being on hold, he tells me that I have a build date and expected delivery date (8/29/2022 build date, 9/11/2022 delivery date), but I don't have a VIN email from Ford, and I'm kicking myself for not asking him if I had a VIN, and if I did, to text it to me. Do y'all think he's pulling my leg about build date? And if so, why would he lie about something like that. I'm probably just overthinking it since it's a rather quick build date (ordered on February 2022, called 2 days ago, no official email from Ford, which is why I'm skeptical).
Thanks in advance guys, I'm just super curious about this, it's killing me.
Show full message
Deanoo
Deanoo
What dealership did you order from? Usually the vin email takes a while from what I've seen on here and that's if you get anything I've seen some that only got the call from the dealer that it was there to pick up. If you have access to the backdoor link which I don't think walk-ins have since it requires a reservation number you can check there. I'd try getting a vin from them though.
Reactions: joss
BroncoPls!
BroncoPls!
The Vin is usually "officially" sent out a week or so before the build week with your blend date. The 8/29 date can slip (my build week slide 3 weeks). The only unrealistic info is the delivery date. It will take longer than that to get delivered.
BoneyRoads
BoneyRoads
A little confused but I looked at my old emails and I put my order in officially early March and got a vin mid April for a June build. If that helps
Chelada
Chelada
I never got a VIN email - or any other email - from Ford. Everything I knew I got from my dealer (Red McCombs Ford). I ordered in November and had a VIN by late December. Took delivery in late March. My dealer kept me in the loop by sending screenshots from his system showing when dates got updated. Good luck!
joss
sounds like you have a salesman that likes you, because mine never returns my calls nor emails. Thank you for the info, though!
@Chelada
BroncoPls!
BroncoPls!
Same here, I texted my salesman to let him know that my Bronco was delivered to his lot, LOL.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views