Sponsored

Broncos of Pennsylvania

Scranton, Allentown, and Philly to Erie, Washington, and Pittsburgh. A club where Pennsylvanians can engage in Bronco talk, share ideas, and potentially meet up.
pineapple
Omfg we FINALLY got ours!! Almost two years after our reservation!

Fred Beans Newtown was an…interesting experience. Their sales manager is the absolute worst. Beans didn’t know anything about price protection and instead of calling Corporate she told me to “be thankful” they weren’t adding ADM. No. I will not be thankful you are half ass doing your job. Fortunately, I called Customer Care, got our certificate number for the $825, and had Beans pull that again to prove it wasn’t “expired”, as she claimed. Their business manager and GM are finalizing the $1250 rebate check today because it was 9pm when we finally left. But holy shit was it a long week.
Oh and there was a half smoked cigarillo in the driver door when we picked it up.

Follow up question for those that have one already: does your steering wheel get warm? We don’t have a heated wheel and I thought I was crazy yesterday. But no, fiancé confirmed today it gets warm. It’s weird. Hoping it’s not a faulty wire in the steering wheel.
Show full message
nabronco21
nabronco21
Glad you finally got it. congrats!!
pineapple
pineapple
@nabronco21 Thanks! We have a long road trip to the beach coming up, so I’m super excited Green Bean arrived on time.
Cbiggs
Cbiggs
Congrats! As I come up on a year after taking delivery I can attest to just how much you and future hubby are going to love it. Forget the Fred Beans experience, it’s over and now it’s all yours. And knowing that you’ve seen the other horror stories here about naughty dealers you can feel relatively good. The heated steering wheel issue is weird but nothing that can’t be figured out in Forscan from what I understand. And Broncos love the beach! Good stuff.
Reactions: jxc
jxc
jxc
Congrats! What was your blend and what did you get?
pineapple
pineapple
@jxc Blend was week of Aug 1. Don’t remember the exact date. Gotta 4Dr hardtop Black Diamond in Green.
jxc
jxc
@pineapple i had a 8/4 blend but still stuck in build. Hoping it just magically shows up this week ;)
toddf125
toddf125
Congratulations! It's worth the wait. Many fun times to come! Just a side note, go over it well. Check everything. I have a great dealer but I found a couple small things that they didn't. Hope to see you around.
rayhil67
rayhil67
Congrats.... I had an opposite experience at Fred Beans ford of Boyertown and I had my first oil change there as well, all went flawlessly
pineapple
pineapple
@rayhil67 we didn’t get the headliner, because they claimed it came with and didn’t need to be added. And the price protection stuff was a fucking nightmare.
Giving them a week to get those resolved before I leave a review and send our surveys off to Ford. But just on the experience with the sales manager alone, it’s not going to be five stars.

Probably going to Kennedy in Feasterville for service from now on.
BeenWaitingForever
BeenWaitingForever
I plan on picking my Bronco this week. I put down a $100 deposit the day it opened. I had my 2021 order pushed to a 2022 order in March of 2021. Again, over a year and half later I'm finally picking up my Bronco this week. Well, I assume it will be this week, but I'm only going off the estimate I got from Ford. Knock on wood.

I just emailed my sales guy to verify I am getting the price protection. He's been spot on and very upfront throughout this entire process but after reading your post and many like it, I'm a bit skeptical. Thanks for posting and thanks for the follow up comments. I will post my experience as soon as I can.

Funny, small world, I grew up in Feasterville, Pa.
BeenWaitingForever
BeenWaitingForever
My salesman just assured me I have price protection. So far, so good. Fingers crossed.
pineapple
pineapple
Update: Never received the remaining $1250. They won't return my calls at this point and everyone is always "on lunch break". I'm over it. I wouldn't take my Bronco for service there if it was the last and only Ford dealer in the state.
toddf125
toddf125
That's sad, but they're out there. Try calling Ford? Maybe? Sucks having to deal with that. Sorry
Jeffp1108
Jeffp1108
Hey! Malvern area here. Haven’t ordered yet, but thought about going through Fred Beans of Exton when banks open (hopefully in February). I wonder if, since same ownership group, Exton is any better than Newtown….
FleshTuxedo
FleshTuxedo
@Jeffp1108 Hey Jeff. Malvern here too! You may see me driving around often. 2 Door outer banks non sas.
Jeffp1108
Jeffp1108
@FleshTuxedo Hey…there’s a black non-sas near me that I see very often. Other than that, I’ve only seen a couple of other broncos.
rayhil67
rayhil67
I used Fred beans Boyertown, paid MSRP took delivery in June (9 months) was told earliest I would get it would have been November.
Jeffp1108
Jeffp1108
Thanks for the info! Nice to hear about both getting earlier than expected and paying MSRP. Both seem to be few and far between!

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views