Sponsored

North Texas Bronco Club

For Ford Bronco enthusiasts in the North Texas area.
Ganooch
Hello all. I am in McKinney. Just placed my reservation on a Wild Track last week. Bummed that I will likely have to wait into 2022, but with all of this Warthog talk, that may be a good thing. Before the Bronco was announced, I was going to get a Raptor.

Hope we can all ride together. No clue where the good trails are here in DFW area, but willing to drive to find them. Moab is on the agenda as well.
Show full message
Texas Bronc
Texas Bronc
Hey man, I am just up the road from you in Melissa. I looking at BD or BL in 2022 or 2023 after I finish my MBA. There's a few places around DFW. TEXPLEX is cool off road park south of DFW a little that has all kinds of tracks, including a raptor track.
Ganooch
Ganooch
Nice! Where are you doing your MBA? I did mine at UNT.
Texas Bronc
Texas Bronc
I am doing mine online at UTD, specializing in Strategic Management. What was yours specialized in and how do you feel your MBA propelled you in find your job?
Ganooch
Ganooch
Mine was Strategic Management as well. I did an MS in IT Management at UTD as well. Hard to say how it helped me find a job because I was already working at a company that pays for my tuition, hence the 2 masters degrees and bunch of certifications. I feel that it has helped me be selected for better positions, hard to tell if I would have gotten the roles without the degrees though.
Texas Bronc
Texas Bronc
@Ganooch Interesting, I definitely agree with having a company that will reimburse for schooling and certificates!
angrygrizzlybear
angrygrizzlybear
I ordered mine in late July and am worried I will have to watch people drive around broncos for a few months before I get mine. Gonna be painful haha
BWS_TX
BWS_TX
Hey guys I am in Richardson and there is supposedly a good park in Gilmer in East Texas. I have a lakehouse out that way so plan to hit that area, but anything closer to town is great as well. I waffled for a bit initially and didn't order until mid August so hoping my comes in before the end of '21.
Reactions: Texas Bronc
Cappy
Cappy
@BWS_TX Dallas proper, myself. But I know what park you're talking about. Barnwell Mountain. https://www.barnwellmountainra.com/

It's going to be one of the first places we take our Bronco too, since they offer camping and trails. Have a buddy that goes up there. He did say a couple of the trails are surprisingly challenging. Definitely going to check it out.
Reactions: BWS_TX
BWS_TX
BWS_TX
@Cappy I have watched some videos on Barnwell and yes it looks like there are some trails that are very challenging. It also looks like it gets really slick with wet weather. I bought a 4Runner to get me through until the Broncos come out and plan to try Barnwell in Feb.
Cappy
Cappy
@BWS_TX Right on! Some of the read ups I've seen mention that the ground is rocky so when it rains it doesn't really become a mud trap like other areas. You'll have to let us know what you think.
survivormanca
In McKinney as well.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views