Sponsored

Maryland Bronco Club

A group for Bronco lovers across the great state of Maryland.
Summit981
Got some time off from work to spend in the garage. Tore out the back cargo area and installed the Dynamat kit for that location.

While I was doing that, I found two areas on the top of the frame’s rear cross member where the paint had been scraped away (looked like by an installer’s tool at the factory??). So, in order to prevent the formation of rust, I shot it with a couple of coats of Rustoleum.

Then, I finished up by replacing the factory cargo floor with one from Goose Gear. This will be the base from which I’ll build up the fridge and stove slide.
13D955A0-C6FC-4491-B583-5B25CAA773CC.jpeg
6F02DAD1-695A-429E-AEE6-5315954F3816.jpeg
2228299D-C918-442A-9FCC-A5CF7D53FAB3.jpeg
Show full message
JZZ
JZZ
Looks good, rear seat delete is first on my springtime mod
Summit981
Summit981
There's some great space to be gained with the rear seat delete. I have kids so seats have to stay. I have to really think thru how to best configure the rear cargo area to maximize capability and storage. Have to admit, I like the mental puzzle of the whole thing.
Emmitt
Emmitt
Looks good! What was the lead time to get the plate system? I ordered the same one last week along with a 1.3 fridge slide and top drawer. I am looking forward to getting it and installing.
Summit981
Summit981
@Emmitt regarding order-ship time. I think it took almost three weeks from order to delivery (ordered in November / arrived in December). Goose Gear sells their stuff thru dealers so I ordered the plate from Main Line Overland online. I'm eyeing that fridge slide too. What fridge did you choose to fit the slide? Seems like the fridge that best fits is the Dometic CFX3 45.
Reactions: Emmitt
Emmitt
Emmitt
@Summit981 Thanks for the lead time information! I did purchase the Dometic CFX3 45 on sale during the Black Friday sales. I am looking forward to putting it to use this year :)
GoochieSmoochie
Did the dynamat make a big difference? Was it hard to install?
Summit981
Summit981
Superlatives like "big", "easy" or "hard" are difficult to gauge thru each other's experiences. So let's just say this... I'm not a auto sound/audio installer. Though this was my first time installing this product, I found the process to be pretty easy (and strangely satisfying). You just need to make sure that you test fit each piece and understand where you will position it before peeling off the backing. Once you start putting the product down, you're not really going to be able to lift it off and re-adjust due to the strong adhesive. I would also strongly recommend purchasing their roller wheel with the kit. Using that tool to roll over the mat helps get it down tight against all the dips, holes and crevices in your Bronco's floor. Trying to smooth it out with your fingers is way inefficient and will probably wear the heck out of your finger muscles/tendons. You will spend 80 percent of your total time removing and reinstalling all the plastic pieces and the floor in the cargo area. For that, I used the YouTube video from 1Five1 Garage to walk me step-by-step thru that process. (Video Title: BRONCO BADLANDS GETS INTERIOR REMOVED IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE & DYNAMAT at ) Without that video, I would have probably broken something during the trim removal.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views