Sponsored

Colorado Bronco Club

A place for Coloradans to share ideas with other Bronco owners, organize meets, and plan 4X4 excursions into the great Rocky Mountains!
Hey all,

Just a word of warning to you guys that ordered (or are planning to order) from Barbee's Freeway Ford. It's not a huge deal, but it irked me a bit, so I figured I would let the rest of you know.

When I went to pick up my vehicle, they, of course, tried to upsell me on all kinds of crap (interior protection, dashcams, etc), including window tinting. Of course, I was planning to decline all of that stuff because it's usually insanely overpriced. However, instead of asking me first if I wanted any of that and then installing it for me, they actually put the window tint on my vehicle before I even arrived at the dealer and then tried to charge me nearly $400 for it.

When I questioned my sales rep about this, he assumed I would want it, so to 'save me time' he just put it on anyways without asking. He said he could take it off for me if I didn't want it but that it might 'take a while' and implied that I might have to wait another day or two to pick up my vehicle. This bothered me, so when I asked the finance manager about it, they agreed to sell it to me at 'cost' ($110), and I agreed because that seemed like a fairer price for tinting the front two windows to match the rear.

Overall, before that little incident, I was really happy with my Bronco ordering experience. But it left a sour taste in my mouth.

So, a word of warning. If you don't want window tinting, make sure to let your sales rep know that you want to decline, in advance, before they PPI the vehicle and prep it for sale!
Show full message
UFO_Squatch
UFO_Squatch
@cobro92 Glad you got your rig, and thanks for the heads up! Typical dealer shenanigans I guess, but getting it for $110 seems like a good deal (assuming they did a good install) haha. Mine is finally on a train to CO... ETA by EOM.
cobro92
@UFO_Squatch Yeah I think $110 is fair - probably would have cost even more had I gone to a typical shop.
IROCnRoll
How much for nitrogen in the tires? :)

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views