Sponsored

Bronco Babes

A group for ladies who own and can share helpful information about Broncos.
Mean Green Bronc Machine
Welcome, Bronco Babes! Showcase and share wisdom! All is welcome, just remember to be nice…oh and invite your friends!
Show full message

Attachments

Reactions: WheresMyCar
Rottigrrl
Rottigrrl
Hi all! Just picked up my ‘23 full-size OBX on 2/11. Reading many of your posts I’m quite amazed at how long it’s taken for you to get your trucks. I guess I’m lucky? I started to inquire at several dealerships in my area last September. Naturally, nobody had anything. Left my contact info with all of them and was surprised when one of them called me back in November to let me know they were getting 3 in this month. Only one of them had the 2.7L and was in Cactus Grey 😍 -exactly what I wanted! I don’t understand how this worked out considering it’s such a short-supply vehicle(me wondering: is the dealership allocated to a certain # of vehicles for their inventory or, were all 3 a result of cancellations?). In any case, I was thrilled. Not so thrilling was having to pay $5K over sticker but it is what it is. I’m not wealthy by any means but the timing was perfect because I just closed on the sale of my late moms house in December. The only pics I have are of the night my husband and I went to go see it at the dealer a week before I could pick it up.
clmh
clmh
Welcome! My process for finding one was the same. Hope you love it!
Mean Green Bronc Machine
Mean Green Bronc Machine
Welcome!! My process was also similar. I actually didn't even know they were in such high demand. I had just moved to a new state and someone stole my car, so I began looking for a Bronco and quickly learned I may not get one. I left my info with dealers from SC all the way up to NY and finally got my ride from Virginia. A short drive, that was totally worth it!
Rottigrrl
Rottigrrl
Congratulations! So sorry to hear your car was stolen. Was it ever recovered? On the bright side, you got a nice ride now! Oh and thank you for letting me join you guys. I’m still trying to figure out how to post pics here. Speaking of tech, i gotta tell you it was weird for me using a push button start and a key fob. I’m old!
CapeCodCash
CapeCodCash
@Rottigrrl I feel the same way! I still put my hand to the steering column when I go to get out, fully expecting a key to be there to turn the engine off. And I think when I walked up to the Bronco the other day, it unlocked on its own. Andon the the fob there is a big silver circle in the middle with a lock icon on it. When I push it once I hear a click at the vehicle. When I push it twice I get the loudest horn sound! I think there might be another click but the horn drowns out all noises from a mile away. Then there is a little button on the door handle (s). I pushed it once and I think it opened the vehicle or locked the vehicle; I can't remember. I've only had it < 2 weeks so I'm still learning. And I'm still getting through the manual when I can find time.
Rottigrrl
Rottigrrl
@CapeCodCash Don’t feel bad; you’re in good company! I’m an experiential learner. I have to read the instructions while I’m actually performing the task and with all of these gadgets and gizmos, that’ll take at least a year and a day. Even then, it doesn’t quite sink in until I’ve done it 5x (and messed up on about 1/2 of those attempts). Good thing hubby’s a mechanic. He’s brilliant with this stuff. Pretty much all he does all day. I lean on him a lot. He didn’t know I bought this so when he finally saw it, and looked it over, he said I ‘did good’ (grammar isn’t his strong suit). Coming from him, that’s a tremendous compliment. 😁
Mean Green Bronc Machine
Mean Green Bronc Machine
It was recovered a week later, but insurance totaled it out. It was a little jeep renegade, so the bronco is definitely a good change. And if you do a new post, here or anywhere else on the forum, you will be given the option to insert a photo or video.
How do you like the push start? Keep hold of that key! I have to leave mine in whatever bag I'm carrying, or else I'll leave it right in the cupholder.
Rottigrrl
Rottigrrl
Yes, love it esp remote start as I live in CT, it was a must have for cold mornings. Spoiled now! And yes, I am very disciplined about putting my fob on our key hook when I get home. Stays around my neck on a lanyard when I’m in the truck. I’m using the 6G app on my iPhone, & I don’t know if that has anything to do with it, but I can’t find any way to attach photos. I’ll fig it out eventually.
Mean Green Bronc Machine
Mean Green Bronc Machine
It is convenient for sure. We look forward to seeing your photos!

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views