Sponsored

Bay Area Broncos

Here we go with the new G.O.A.T’s of the bay!!
murphtron
Hi extended Bay Area peoples! After 2+ years I’m finally scheduled to be built on April 17 (4dr Badlands hard top, auto, high). Honestly I’d lost interest awhile ago. But now I’m getting excited again!
My question is for those of you that have had rigs for awhile: What are the mods you wished you had done earlier? Or wish you had not done at all? Or waited to do?
I’m not thinking of anything crazy to start. Some interior storage expansion, a dash mount and dash USB, and a TrailRax half rack (for skis and random gear). I’ve always off roaded in other peoples cars and have never had my own rig so this is a new thing for me. I’ve got a modest amount of experience and have taken off road driving classes in Hollister. Cheers!
Show full message
Lake Tahoe Traveler
Lake Tahoe Traveler
Without question…. Do an OffRoadeo…. You will be amazed at what your car will do… and the confidence and what you will learn will be more than worth while…..
Also, be your Ford pass points can also go towards this….

The ability to Air up and down is an important thing to have for off road….
I’d say up at the top of the must haves.

Other than that… cup holders for the back seats (4door) are a must have (only leather ordered seats have a cup holder)…. There is an aftermarket cup holder that attaches to the rear center console….

I know that sounds stupid but cup holders especially with a family is important for the rear seat area for a 4 door…. The 2door bronco comes stock with rear cup holders.

If I can think of anything else I’ll add it to my list….

Happy trails!!!
Congratulations on your build!!
Donkeygyrl
Donkeygyrl
Skip the bronco script just don't do it .
Get the remote keypad with pass points mount it in fuel door👍
murphtron
murphtron
Thanks @Lake Tahoe Traveler i did the Off Rodeo in Nevada over a year ago. It was really good. I’d like to do it again if possible as it was awhile ago. The New Hampshire one sounds different than what we get out west. I also did a Hollister OHV Bronco demo day awhile back. Got to drive the 2dr manual. Super fun.

I was actually calibrating the Stauns deflators today! Haven’t decided on an air compressor yet.
The Beaz
The Beaz
I concur with the off roadeo statement, and highly recommend the Moab location, much more access to other trails and areas than some of the other spots. Lighting, aux lighting is an easy and useful add on! Various forscan changes will ease some of the daily frustrations as well!
WheelMe
WheelMe
Other than air up/down equipment, I suggest recovery gear, as follows: 1 x 30' tow strap; 2 x soft shackles - when you get stuck, make it really easy for others to help you.
Gloff
Gloff
Bestop Sunrider was my #1 most used modification. I use the snot out of that bad boy.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views