Sponsored

Bronco Everglades

This club is for all Bronco Everglades owners and future owners🤙
BMoreDogDoc
Has anyone gone through a car wash yet? I saw the water in the snorkel test…

I converted to a rear facing air intake orientation… so far so good.
Show full message
BigCatKale
BigCatKale
No automatic washes here yet. Just where I can use the wand. That said, I am running rear intake for storm season here in OK either way.
FowlBronco77
FowlBronco77
Haven't done the car wash thing. Doubt I do auto wash. I also run the vents on the rear. I might keep em like that. But I may swap it when we hit a real dry spell in the summer
friethmiller
friethmiller
I've been through an automatic a few times (yeah, I know... not good). But I'd say when I did the spray-off wash, I'd forget about it and spray right into the damn snorkel (again, not good). Since reversing it, I feel less concerned. I don't spray that direction, usually. Plus, with the inlet to the rear and the windows down, you get to hear the turbo.
FowlBronco77
FowlBronco77
@friethmiller I like that sound. Dad and I both noticed that. He used to drive a semi, reminded us a little bit of the diesel turbo sound. 😁
SClocal
Just for reference, this is the excerpt from the owners manual regarding the snorkel. “Your Everglades Bronco has an engine air induction snorkel. The forward-facing snorkel inlet provides the best experience for normal driving. For more severe off-road use, we recommend the use of the rearward-facing snorkel inlet to minimize the risk of ingesting unwanted debris, such as sand and dust in an off-road environment.
Remove and install the snorkel inlet screen and cover plate by hand only using the screwdriver provided in the tool kit. Maximum fastener torque is 4.6 lb.ft (6.2 Nm). Do not use power tools or a wrench when installing or removing these fasteners.
Please note that using the rearward-facing inlet could result in increased presence of engine or turbo noise in the cabin. Install both the inlet grille and the close-out plate. Do not operate the vehicle with both the front and rear inlets open.”

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...ingEnabled=False&userMarket=USA&buildtype=web
BMoreDogDoc
BMoreDogDoc
Haha.. owner’s manual… who would’ve thought to look there…
Kiff
Hopefully no one has abandoned this thread since August because I have a question! What's wrong with going through the car wash in it?
FowlBronco77
FowlBronco77
I haven't heard or read anything about an actual problem with the snorkel in car wash. I just kept reading that guys were having bad experiences with hard top on any model in car wash. Not to say that there isn't some issues.
Reactions: Kiff
Kiff
Thanks @FowlBronco77. What did you head about the hardtop with that?
FowlBronco77
FowlBronco77
@Kiff I think it was more with the 1.0 mic that was getting water in the seems. I know guys were leery of trying this 2.0 mic in fear that it would do the same thing. I doubt I chance it either. But, I will say I've read that others have gone thru the car wash without an issue. DA
Reactions: Kiff
Kiff
@FowlBronco77 Thanks for the info! That's all good to know. I hadn't heard that bit of detail before.

I appreciate it!

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views