Sponsored

Midwest Bronco Bros & Sis

I did not see a MN or surrounding states so started this club! All are welcome, main focus on Ford Broncos and anything related!
SZairborne
Good Morning everyone. Does anyone have the forscan tool and be willing to help me out? I can bring beer if needed. I will be upgrading my speakers and would like to send a little more power to the rear speakers.

Thanks
Show full message
lilthom
lilthom
Sorry, that's way way over my head. Good luck.
MPLS Bronco Fan
MPLS Bronco Fan
I have the tool but haven't used it. Would love to help someone else use it on their Bronco so I can learn how to use it on mine though :). I'm in the Minneapolis area.
SZairborne
SZairborne
Maybe this is something we can learn together. Ill reach out once i receive all my parts in pieces.
MPLS Bronco Fan
MPLS Bronco Fan
Sounds good just hit me up
Schwaggle
Schwaggle
Just finding this club via another member; I have FDRS in addition to Forscan, and live up in Scandia (Forest Lake) if you ever have any questions regarding Forscan usage, Fordservice, parts, etc. I'm the idiot working the 8"-12" screen job... Waiting for Nemadji to open back up if anyone wants to try out the trail app now that it's active
SZairborne
SZairborne
I finally installed all my speakers. With Forscan can you up the power to the rear speakers or it that a dealer only option?
Schwaggle
Schwaggle
Yes and no... my answer is based off the JBL bar programming, but it bumps it up for that, so I have to assume it will do the same for rear speakers. In Forscan, you have to edit the as-built hex but you will have to dig for what others have tried. FDRS which is $50/48hrs PLUS needing a J2534 pass-thru, you can update any/all modules and program per Ford the output for the JBLs. That route really is worth the investment one-time because of the headlight module so your headlights won't randomly come on, and more power to the rear speakers. If you're asking if there is a way to mimic an amp for all of the speakers, I do not know.

Edit: I already have the Snap-on Pass thru 4, plus 2x bluetooth adapters so I'd be more than happy to get some of us together and we could go over how to use Forscan, how you can use it with your phone, and unlock all drive modes, sans 1 but I don't remember which mode it is. Doesn't have to be up in Nemadji: those of us in the Cities could pick a localized spot, but not somewhere we're going to get shot.
Schwaggle
Schwaggle
Schwaggle
Schwaggle
Odd question for anyone in the Twin Cities area, more specific to Forest Lake/Scandia: is anyone willing to "donate" their Bronco with the 12" screen for proof-of-concept for the 8"-12"? I'm pretty sure the module is programmed but the screen is a dead screen. I'll supply beers; but not Utopias (if you don't know what that is, save up about $250 and try to find it). I will pay for FDRS and perform any module updates as well as help you with Forscan usage on both phone and computer.
Schwaggle
Schwaggle
Also, anyone interested in a Danbury, WI run up to Nemadji next weekend? Trying to convince wifey to come up with her Tremor too

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views