Sponsored

North Texas Bronco Club

For Ford Bronco enthusiasts in the North Texas area.
shawn6107
IMG_6699.png
Hey folks,
I know I’m a couple of months behind on this but I think I finally have a window when I can help organize a trip to Merus Adventure Park South of Amarillo in the Palo Duro Canyon. Before I start calling and make any big group commitments, I wanted to see how much interest we had for a July 15th guided excursion. They also have a 2 day excursion available with lots of camping options available for anyone interested in camping. The cost for a one day guided trip should only be $68 per rig.
You can learn more about Merus here.
Please comment below if you’re interested

Link to sign up and payment: https://merus-adventure-park-group-outing-7-15-23.cheddarup.com/
Show full message
shawn6107
Graham1911
Sounds great! My wife Michelle and I are very interested. In fact I would say we are in 99%.
MannyG20
MannyG20
I am interested in either the one or two day.
Roach011
I'm definitely interested! I've been wanting to get out there for a while.
shawn6107
shawn6107
Update in the post. I also wanted to let everyone know that they require a GMRS radio in each rig but they rent them out for $7 per day. They also require a fire extinguisher in each rig and they sell those for $30 each.

If we have enough for two groups, we can try and do one beginner group and one intermediate group if that’s what everyone wants. Personally I’d like to run the intermediate trails on the group day. If I go an extra day or have extra time I’ll hit the black trails but would prefer to have company on those.
Hatman
Hatman
@shawn6107 are we supposed to go ahead and book? I’m in for intermediate or hard.
shawn6107
shawn6107
@Hatman For the group outing we need to book all together. I’ll try to get a sign up sheet put together to share with everyone. That way I can get the info for the registration and we can track who has paid or not. The only options they have for the group outing are beginner and intermediate. Everyone who has given a preference so far has said they were in for intermediate so I plan to book that. There will be bypasses for anyone who doesn’t feel up to an obstacle. For those interested, we’ll also try to do something before or after to take on the hard stuff 😁
FstFrd00
FstFrd00
I have another commitment on the 15th.
If not, I would've loved to go
Graham1911
Update, my wife and I are in. I would love to do intermediate group as shawn6107 suggested, although we are open to either. I think we may get hotel in Amarillo.
MannyG20
MannyG20
I am in ( and wife too). I am torn on camping or not - I mean it is July in Texas. 🔥
Hatman
Hatman
My wife and I are in for a one day outing. We also have an extra radio for anyone who needs one that day.
Also have a buddy in this group on FB who wants to go too. Have you posted anything on FB?
Reactions: shawn6107
shawn6107
shawn6107
@Hatman I’m not on Facebook but if someone wants to take the info over there I’m all for it.
Hatman
Hatman
Just let us know what works for you on the reservation. Happy to Venmo you if you have to pay as a group for the discount. And we are big fans of the Drury Inn in Amarillo so we’ll probably stay the night there on the 14th.
shawn6107
shawn6107
@Hatman That Drury is a nice place but it’s all the way on the other side of Amarillo. However that corner off I-40 and Soncy has the best variety for both restaurants and hotels. I wonder if they’d be willing to do any kind of group rate?
Big Papa
I’m interested. Will camp too. Just let us know how you want to handle it
shawn6107
shawn6107
Sign Ups and Payment will be through Cheddarup.com. They collect the info and payments for us, then I just have to send it in to Merus. Feel free to share any of this info on Facebook, etc..

We will close signups on Thursday to make sure we get our booking in.

Link to sign up and payment: https://merus-adventure-park-group-outing-7-15-23.cheddarup.com/
Hatman
Hatman
Thanks! I just posted it in the group on FB and also registered on Cheddar Up.
shawn6107
shawn6107
@Hatman Awesome! I got the alert on your registration. I hope we have some more interested from FB. Between the NT and OK clubs it looks like we have about 7-8 rigs who want to go right now. It should be a really fun trip.
Graham1911
Just paid. Will probably book Hotel tomorrow. Drury Inn sounds fine but is it a lot further than it needs to be. Please share ideas. Also want to eat dinner at Big Texan. We Have never been to Amrillo before but have heard of Bix Texan.
shawn6107
shawn6107
@Graham1911 You do not want to eat at the Big Texan. Not unless it’s just so you can say you did. It’s been a long time since I did but the Food is terrible and the service is worse. It’s a tourist trap.
Graham1911
@shawn6107
Thanks for the heads up. Glad you told me. We will skip that.
userdude
userdude
@shawn6107 @Graham1911 I went to the Big Texan a few years back (within five years) and it was not what it was 20 years ago. Pretty much everything about it was meh at best.
userdude
userdude
@Graham1911 Is it too late? I would love to go but didn't see this until right now...
shawn6107
shawn6107
Just an update as of Tuesday we have 5 rigs signed up. There were a total of 7 people who said they were interested in the comments between both groups. I also know some folks shared it on Facebook so there is a good chance we’ll have a few more sign up by Thursday. I’m super excited about it. If anyone wants to put together a dinner plan or something like that for the night before I’d be game and it would be a great way to get to know everyone before we hit the trails.
Reactions: userdude
Hatman
Hatman
@shawn6107 my post on FB is still waiting review by the admin….
shawn6107
shawn6107
@Hatman okay, we’ll see how long that takes. Might be able to hold off another day or so if it doesn’t get approved soon.
Graham1911
We are traveling from North Dallas area. (Prosper, TX)
LateToTheParty
LateToTheParty
I just signed up and am looking forward to the trip. Hopefully I can convince my wife to go.
Graham1911
Just booked Hotel at Home 2 Suites Amarillo East for 14th - 16th. The address is 7775 I-40 East. $345.84 total with tax for two nights and free breakfast. About a 30 minute drive to park.
shawn6107
shawn6107
Alright, trip is booked! I just emailed out a link to the waiver for those who signed up and paid. Thanks everyone for making this process easy. We’re going to have a blast. When we get closer, I’ll send out some info on where I end up staying and maybe we can coordinate a group dinner the night before or after.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views