Sponsored

SoCal Broncos

Starting the conversation for past, present and future SoCal Bronco owners. Lets go!
ELJeffe77
Hey All

Jeff from Anaheim Hills here, I have a reservation at David Wilsons Villa Ford in Orange as it's literally 1 mile from my house.

I know that Eric from Kearny is offering X-Plan for those who switch, SO I emailed Villa Ford to ask if they'd match that, and THIS is what they said:

Hello Jeff,

We aren't doing any special pricing, other than not marking them up above MSRP for reservations (or AZD plans if you qualify). If you switch your order, you should consider if they will be able to meet allocation for the build. A dealership having a reservation is not a guarantee that they will have the allocation to fulfill the reservation. Being a top 25 dealer in the country, we have a higher allocation than most dealers.

Thanks,

Sofie

Thoughts on that? Will Kearny be able to fulfill reservations as quickly as bigger dealers? Sorry, I'm not 100% sure how this whole thing works just yet.

@EricAtKearnyMesaFord - would love to hear your thoughts too - I'm ready to switch to Kearny, just want to make sure what Villa said won't be an issue?

Thanks in advance!
Show full message
acetdeucy
acetdeucy
I know @EricAtKearnyMesaFord has talked about these future allocations, before. I’m pretty sure that the allocation statement only affects people that might order a Bronco, after the current reservation period is over.

That being said, Kearny Mesa is one of the top producer in SoCal. I can’t imagine there is anything beyond scare tactics going on with that dealer’s response.

Sooo many of us have already moved to Eric... so we welcome you too!
SHLYGRR
SHLYGRR
@acetdeucy is correct. There’s a news thread on here that specifically defines Fords differentiation and handling of reservations vs allocations (I tried to find it but couldn’t). From my understanding, allocations are the number of vehicles provided to the dealer to sell. It’s based on size of the dealership, the demographics/consumer-base in the region, etc. The allocated vehicles are separate from the reserved vehicles. If you have a vehicle reserved before the September deadline and you complete the order on that reservation, it gets built and shipped to your dealership regardless of allocation. If you didn’t reserve one before the cutoff date in September, you are subject to allocation quantities aka first come first serve basis. I believe that dealership you’re working with either has no clue what they’re talking about or they are lying to you.
SHLYGRR
SHLYGRR
Also, ask them to show proof that they’re a top 25 dealer with substantial allocation for the Bronco. That’s a big statement. They only have ~1000 reviews across multiple websites while Kearny Mesa has 2000+. Seems like BS.
GRENDIZER
GRENDIZER
Idol threats and insinuating that you won’t get a Bronco if you switch dealers... Says more than you need to know about this place’s tactics.
ELJeffe77
ELJeffe77
EricAtKearnyMesaFord
EricAtKearnyMesaFord
Hey y'all! Villa Ford in Orange really is a massive dealership. YTD they have tripled the production of the #25 dealership actually, and are currently ranked #4 in the US.

I honestly can't answer whether or not you would get your Bronco sooner or later with me or any other dealer. The Ford Mothership has still yet to explain the allocation process to us. I think we will be given a full explanation in the coming weeks. While I can't answer your question, I'll tell you what I believe they are going to tell us and from there you can figure out what makes sense in your situation.

I think in the coming weeks Ford will tell us each how many 2021 Broncos we can expect to be allocated. No dealership will get enough to cover all 2021 orders (2021 orders being in before Sept 18th). I think the allocation percentage they have talked about (base 50% + variables for volume / competitive registrations / order conversion) will be the percentage of our 2021 reservations we will get to order. For the sake of numbers, lets say Villa and I both get 75% allocation. The top 75% of reservations in our pools will get a 2021 Bronco, the others would be first to get a 2022. So regardless of dealership volume, the most pertinent factor will still be your reservation number. Yes, they will certainly get more Broncos than we will, but our ratio of fulfilled orders will likely be the same or close. I guess it would be possible for you to be in the 70% percentile with them, but the 80% with me, or vice versa.

Maybe the easier statement is that if you have an early reservation, say first couple days, then I don't think the dealership you work with will impact your ETA. If you have a later reservation, the dealer you choose could be a factor. Take all that with a pound of salt though because it's just my working theory!

Eric
EricAtKearnyMesaFord
EricAtKearnyMesaFord
I should also say that I don't know for sure that the unselected 2021s would be fulfilled as 2022. Could be just a later batch of 2021s.
ELJeffe77
ELJeffe77
@EricAtKearnyMesaFord thank you very much, I ended up placing my order in the middle of August, so I’m definitely not one of the first few, or even the first 200,000 LOL.

I know I have a little bit a time still to decide, so I will wait to see what happens in the coming weeks :)
GRENDIZER
GRENDIZER
@EricAtKearnyMesaFord Any idea how ordering a Bronco with a late availability option would affect this scenario? Like if you ordered a WildTrak and wanted the painted hard top?
acetdeucy
acetdeucy
@GRENDIZER That's my question too. I see a bunch of Wildtrak's with the soft top (BLACK) lately, and I'd sure like to get that top, while I wait on the Black Modular... but it's not currently an offered option (maybe Ford will change the Build and Price to offer the matching color soft top) on the Wildtrak trim... or if we accept Late delivery, is that a year late, like November of 2021, like it infers in the newest Ford (Dealer build sheet) correspondence.

It seems to me that Ford just changed the grill, mirror backs, and fender wells to Black Painter, to match the "previously Standard" Black modular hardtop on the Wildtrak and FE models. Now, everything changed to match the top, and the top (color) has been delayed/discontinued. That ain't right. If anything the Wildtrak and FE models should get the Black Modular top, at build, while ONLY the four other models are delayed.
EricAtKearnyMesaFord
EricAtKearnyMesaFord
I do have an answer for that one guys. I've been told that the roof and all other late availability options will still be build as a 2021. So if in this example you are in the top 75% but want the roof or a color that is late availability, we will still submit your order in December with the rest, but your order will just be built later in the production year when those parts become available.
ROCKO
ROCKO
@EricAtKearnyMesaFordthanks for this information. I’ve been trying to get this answers for some time now. My biggest concern was if I can order my Manual transmission w/Sasquatch in December even though it’s late availability. No one could give me a straight answer. This gives me hope.
acetdeucy
acetdeucy
Please ask Ford if we can order the Black (color matching) soft top option that they are putting on all the recent Wildtrak demos, instead of the crappy grey MIC top, while we are waiting.
EricAtKearnyMesaFord
EricAtKearnyMesaFord
@acetdeucy I'll ask for you Dan. So the question is, "can you order with no hard top, only soft", right?
acetdeucy
acetdeucy
@EricAtKearnyMesaFord yes! The problem is that it was scheduled to only be available with the Gloss Black modular top. Now it has been changed to Grey MIC; however, all of the Wildtrak (new) demo's that we've seen leaving MAP, in the last two weeks, are going out with a Black soft top (which we could order through Parts, to upgrade later to a Black modular top).

Rationale... the Wildtrak has Gloss Black grill, fender wells, and mirror backs... and a black top is a match to this Model -- and Grey is not.
SHLYGRR
SHLYGRR
@EricAtKearnyMesaFord should we just make a group for people who are reserved at your dealership??? May make you job easier instead of receiving the same emailed questions multiple times.
ELJeffe77
ELJeffe77
Hey @EricAtKearnyMesaFord , figured i'd wait a month or so to see if you had any more info on this? This is my post, so...same question, just hoping you may have more info?

Thanks! :)
EricAtKearnyMesaFord
EricAtKearnyMesaFord
Hey Jeffe. No updates were given to us re: allocation yet. I still think things will roll out the way I said last post though. Sometime before the order bank opens we will be given our allocation number, and with that we will work through our lists to reach out to people.

I don't recall if your reservation is with us or not. If it isn't and you are still considering making a switch, I do need you to make that decision ASAP. Once I lock down my customer list with the allocation number I won't alter that list to account for new switches. It wouldn't be fair to have someone whos been with us for a while to get bumped out of allocation because someone with a lower number switched over last minute.

I hope you have a great holiday season and a happy new year if we don't talk again before then!

Eric

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views