Sponsored

Broncos Of The Carolinas

Ford Bronco enthusiast group for anyone in North or South Carolina. Connect with other local past, present, or future bronco owners and discuss anything bronco or off road related. www.BroncosOfTheCarolinas.com
Ttp2017
Hey Guys,
My name is Zach and I started the Carolinas Bronco Club when I first made my reservation on the 14th as I knew it was a vehicle I was passionate about. As we hopefully start getting our Broncos this summer I plan to organize some drives and meet ups for our members this coming year.

My question is when I started the club I did not expect it to become as popular as it has become so I created it for all of the Carolinas. I am personally located in Greenville SC so when I am planning events/meet ups I will most likely be planning them in the Upstate SC or blue ridge mountain area of NC and I know that is not fair to our members who are closer to the coast. I wanted to take a poll if you guys thought it would be best to split the the club in two and do one for the western part of the carolinas and one for the coastal part, or if there is another member who lives toward the coast who want want to become a partner in running the club and help set up the occasional meet up closer to toward the coast?

I am open to other ideas and opinions, I just I want this to be an active club that actually does drives and meet ups and not one that is boring and never plans anything lol.

Let me know your thoughts!
-Zach
Show full message
Holliday
Holliday
Carolinas certainly covers a lot of ground. I would love to see our distribution on a map. I'm in Durham and expect there has to be a lot of us in the Triangle just based on population. I worry a bit that a mountains and coastal split would leave us in the middle a little odd out, but it's not all bad to have options to head in either direction!
BroncoKong Jr.
BroncoKong Jr.
Not bad ideas, but I say play it by ear until we start getting these things in our garages :)

FWIW, I'm on the coast in Wilmington
Wild Willie
Wild Willie
@BroncoKong Jr. Hey! I'm just south of you in Southport. I'm just curious as to which dealer you've gone through? I'm currently with Jones Ford, but may be switching due to lack of communication.
BroncoKong Jr.
BroncoKong Jr.
@Wild Willie I'm with Fairway Ford in Burgaw. No special deal but it's MSRP plus a small fee ($450 IIRC). They've been friendly and fairly communicative. I stopped by and had a nice chat one day. Responsive to emails. They said they've send me an order guide as soon as they get one. They seem honest but I wouldn't necessarily recommend switching without talking to your dealer. I tried to get Capitol Ford, but they weren't accepting reservations on reveal night. Someone forgot to flip the switch haha. I'm most likely staying with Fairway, but will give a call to Capitol to see what they can offer. Mainly because I'd rather have a 5-minute drive to pick up my Bronco than a 30-minute drive.

I was thinking about heading down to Jones Ford because they apparently have a Cactus Gray Bronco Sport in stock. I'd like to see the color in person.
Heis1968
Heis1968
Hey Zach, I am in Greenville as well so obviously it will be convenient for me when events are planned in our area...but I also like the idea of events in other parts of the Carolinas...beach trips would be cool too. Thanks for forming this group.
LalasBronco
LalasBronco
Durham here as well. I'll more than likely take part in things that are on the eastern side of the Carolinas but wouldn't mind knowing about the things on the western side as well. I say keep it as is for now and see how it goes.
1slickmr
1slickmr
Simpsonville here....Greenville SC area for those that ain't from around these parts. Lol Certainly meeting around here would be convenient. But I am all for a road trip on occasion. My suggestion would be to break up into sub-groups for monthly meetings or whatever and then meet up somewhere once or twice a year as a collective group. I also would like to see us do things for our local communities on occasion. Just my 2 cents.
Casual Pork
Casual Pork
Fine with no changes for now. Would enjoy attending events around the Carolinas in the upcoming years. I've attended events with a local BMW club. It's a lot of fun when 30 Bimmers roar into a small town for BBQ, ride the Tail of the Dragon and meet for breakfast occasionally.

I will be organizing a group outing for the 2022 Wings Over Wayne Airshow at Seymour Johnson AFB (Apr 30 -May 1) and plan to post details here next year.
Ttp2017
Ttp2017
Thanks so much for the feedback guys! After reading everything I agree I think it is best to still keep everything together and just try to spread out the events when possible. Once we all get our Broncos I would like to try and put something together on a monthly or bi-monthly basis and would also be open to help and ideas from members in other parts of the states. Some things might just be small local meet ups to go get BBQ but I would like to try to plan 1 or 2 weekend drives each year that end up some place cool. I love the idea of doing a beach event sometime and also think its a great idea to do some events to help our local communities once we get everything rolling! Now the long wait until we finally get our broncos. I am curious to see who the first person in the group is to take delivery!
TexAg13
TexAg13
All about this! I am in GVL too!
Badmommallama
Badmommallama
In Charleston area, obviously, to get out of a flatzone...I have to head North and West!
Ttp2017
Ttp2017
I feel your pain. I lived in Charleston and for 5 years and there are no legal places to off road unless you want go mud bogging in the woods lol. There were some old forrest roads up in Summerville but I think they have since been closed off.
Badmommallama
Badmommallama
Luckily I work in construction, so I know of a few places now and then to get some practice. But you’re right...pretty lame here. At least I’ll look great going down the road!

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views