Sponsored

Bayou Bronco Club

A friendly place for Bronco owners in Louisiana to meet and share the joy that being a 6th gen Bronco owner will bring!
Happytown
PING....
just checking in on my Louisiana people, yall still here? Who still got a reservation? Who has talked to their dealer, what's their story on allocation?
I called mine yesterday for the first time since November, and asked those questions. No answers yet
Show full message
Fatdaddy
Fatdaddy
My dealer called me yesterday. I'm the guinea pig. I'm his first build/order appointment. This is what we discussed:
- Wednesday the 20th at 11am.
- $1k non-refundable deposit. He said this is to filter out the people that are not serious and just want to place an order for one with no intention to actually purchase it went it arrives.
- Allocations: He didn't tell me their allocation allotment, but told me they have between 30-40 Broncos reserved. Said he's confident that the reservations converted to orders will have their Broncos by December 2021 (of course, contingent on their build parts availability during the production runs.) Wouldn't be surprised if during early production Ford has items backordered to meet demands.
- ADM/Discounts: Said he doesn't know yet what they can do with honoring X-Plan or if other discounts will apply. No ADM. Said they have a meeting with their Ford Rep on Monday the 18th to further discuss rebates and discounts. Said he would be shocked if they offer any rebates or discounts.
Reactions: Happytown
Happytown
Happytown
@Fatdaddy awesome man! I called my dealer yesterday and he was a bit surprised I was asking questions about allocations when they had just gotten out the meeting with corporate Ford talking about that very thing LOL. They really have no idea how well informed this forum is. Waiting on answers from them, I'll post whatever info I get
Happytown
Happytown
@Fatdaddy what's your build? I aint no closer to knowing what to order than I was in October LOL.
BOLD Renegade93
BOLD Renegade93
I was just thinking that I needed to check on the group, good call! I still have my reservation, timestamp is 8PM on July 13th. My dealer has about 100 reservations, but I'm confident my timestamp and build will allow me to get it earlier than later. No ADM, but looking like they won't go below MSRP right now.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Happytown
Happytown
I asked @Fatdaddy above, what's yalls build? I'm still pretty unsure LOL even after wearing out B&P site for the past three months.
View previous replies…
Happytown
Happytown
@Fatdaddy have you been to InteractiveGarage.com? Go do a few builds there, drop a virtual Warn on that bad boy. That website completely changed my outlook on what to order once I saw what aftermarket mock ups look like
Fatdaddy
Fatdaddy
@Happytown I definitely need to look. I’m stuck man. Not sure if I should save the money now and just get the standard bumper then aftermarket layer or buy the HD mod now. I like the look of the rigid lights on the side and I do like the brush guard, however not the one that we can order. I don’t like that it covers the Bronco grille so much and I’m not sure if it’s impact on the front camera.
Fatdaddy
Fatdaddy
@Happytown man I’m looking it now.. yeahhh think aftermarket is looking good..
MarchMadnessisMe
Yeah my dealership hasn't contacted me AT ALL. I'm going to give them a call Monday and start asking some questions. I just want some communication. Sounds like y'all chose some better dealerships than I did.
Happytown
Happytown
@MarchMadnessisMe Nah man I'm in exactly the same boat. I stopped by in person twice during the Nov-Dec timeframe and made myself known, asked questions etc. Called them this week, asked more questions....they took my name and number each time like never seen me before and have yet to call or email me. And they are a small dealership I can't imagine they have more than 10-20 allocations tops
BOLD Renegade93
BOLD Renegade93
@MarchMadnessisMe my experience started that way but has gotten better. I initially talked to the local dealerships high tenure guy, but he has no drive to get out ahead of anything. He's content on just dealing with customers that want to buy off the lot.

Once I established a relationship with the Sales Manager, things got better. He's their Bronco rep too, but is definitely old school. Doesn't own a cell phone lol. He's been good with email though so I definitely feel better going into next week!
Scotteasymoney
I have my reservation at Lamarque in Kenner. Didn't place my order yet because I'm undecided. Chalmette area
Fatdaddy
Fatdaddy
I tried to place my order but wasn’t able to. My dealers ordering portal didn’t have all the options I wanted so he could only save it and submit it later when they fix the system. The options I wanted that didn’t appear were rock rails, bash plates, and the mod black hard top. When looking at his ordering screen, there was a slew of other options missing. He told me he wouldn’t take my deposit until Ford got their shit straight, confirmed my order, and submitted it.

Didn’t get a chance to discuss if he would honor x-plan. No ADM. I also told him that they can’t stick on any dealer logo/sticker/plate and he took note. I saw some dealer stick their dealer logo/plate on a Bronco Sport on the side of the vehicle right above the “Badlands” badge. No thanks...

He also made a comment about how early my reservation is and was earlier than his other customers. I’m not sure how to understand the time stamp, but he said since the beginning of my reservation is #(101), that means I was pretty early. So hopefully I may be able to get my Bronco this year.

https://media.tenor.com/images/e00ff448e4f495a435938e6130466cd3/tenor.gif
Reactions: Happytown
BOLD Renegade93
BOLD Renegade93
@Fatdaddy seems like your dealership has their stuff together. I placed my order yesterday but I'm disappointed in the salesman I had and the sales manager that was on duty. We kept going back and forth to make changes when my order wasn't right, so when I asked the salesman if I could just go with him and we all sit down together to do it, he said "the sales manager on duty doesn't really talk to people". I'm like "ok dude, I get it that some people aren't "people people" but at least a courtesy "hey, how's it going, I'm so and so, the manager on duty, it's great to meet you and we are excited about you ordering your Bronco!"

Then when I mentioned pricing, I said that other dealerships had offered 1-2k below invoice, but I already knew mine was offering MSRP, so I tried to meet him in the middle and ask for invoice pricing. He said "hey, if you find a better deal, maybe go check that out, I couldn't fault you". I said "dude, are you trying to NOT sell me this car?".

I'm big on personal relationships with local businesses, which I've made abundantly clear with this salesman, so finally the GM comes over and has a good talk with me for 10 minutes and saves the day for his boy. Did a good job explaining their learning curve as a dealership with the ordering process and some of the issues they are finding.

The GM and the sales manager that I've been talking to for months are the only reason I stayed here. I'm their #1/70 reservations so I'm excited for hopefully July!
Fatdaddy
Fatdaddy
@BOLD Renegade93 Sounds like it ended positive. Great that your #1 of that many. Very sure you would get yours sooner than most (depending on your build/late availability parts of course).

My guy is a manager but I had to walk him through everything I wanted. He was making mistakes as well and didn’t seem educated on the Bronco. But he never argued or challenged me, he just took it on the chin that I was extremely prepared and knew more then him. And that’s fine. I rather that then some overly confident sales dude trying to impress by saying the wrong things and making mistakes.

They only have 10 reservations so I’m hoping mine will be 21MY. And while there will most likely be things for the 22MY I’d like, I probably could live without. Biggest thing for me is my trade in. It’s worth a good bit and want to keep it like that, so I want to trade it in quickly as possible. Can’t really wait another year for it to depreciate any more.
plaborde
Converted my Reservation on 01/29. 2021 WIldtrak, 2 door, Antimatter Blue, Lux package, Sasquatch Package included. Ordered from WRAY Ford in Benton, Louisiana.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views