Sponsored

Michigan Bronco Club

Members from the Mitten and the U.P.
So I'm curious with order banks opening in a couple of days, how solidified are you on your choices? I'm about 95% solidified. Doing a 4-door Badlands in Antimatter Blue with the 2.7l engine and lux package (got hooked on that adaptive cruise control and have some long trips planned), and keeping the soft top. Only thing I'm not 100% sold on is the Sasquatch package.
Show full message
Reactions: Mattwings
BCA
BCA
I am still not solid. I was 100% 4dr BL, A51, 2.7 and Lux. Then with the updates to BNP, the 4dr Wildtrack was only $100 more but with cloth seats. But the Wildtrack needs the black painted hardtop to match the grill and wheels. A lot going on with the exterior of the Wildtrack, so I this I am moving back to the BL.
I would also like to see the 22MY changes as I have a 7/16 reservation date and not sure I would even get a 21MY. All this back and forth maybe for nothing.
Reactions: ozzman469
ozzman469
@BCA I want the black hard top as well. Reason why I'm willing to get the soft top now and wait until more hard top options come out. Granted, I will lose the rear windshield wiper functionality, but I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to add that in myself.
Mattwings
Mattwings
I am in the same place, once I get the final pricing I will make my final decision. But 95% BL, Cactus Gray, 2.7, mid , non sq. I know I don’t want the added step in and wider tires/flares after seeing the vehicles in person. It is going to be tight already on some of the trails and I am hoping to get it in the garage with my wife’s car next winter and jumping in a tall rig gets old, when your old like me ?
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
I’m locked in on everything except final trim. Fairly certain (90%) I’m going badlands, just waiting to see final price comparisons with the BD, otherwise I’m uniform across the board, non Sasquatch, 2.3/7spd, roof rails abs tow package. That’s it.
Food for thought, a non sas BL will clear a 34” tire. All you’re really gaining is tire size and headlock capable wheels, which you can also get in the upgraded wheels. At that point, you’re basically just buying a large 34” tire. I’m looking at the 285/75, which is 33.8” tall. You’re not gaining much on the upgrade, plus it’s one item off your list of delays.
Reactions: BCA and Philly
View previous replies…
Philly
Philly
@Mattwings I don’t think it’s 100% confirmed yet. My dealer said he wouldn’t have the official order guide until tomorrow. We will likely know then.
ozzman469
@Mattwings I'll inquire about it when I go in to place my order. I was supposed to go in on Wednesday but work is getting in the way so now it's pushed back to Thursday.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
@ozzman469 I know they are standard with the manual, not sure if it’s an option for the auto.
Philly
Philly
At this very moment I’m 100% ready to go. If you ask me tomorrow, that could completely change. It has been quite the rollercoaster for me. The longer I have to wait, the more I consider radical changes in hopes of getting it sooner. Current plan is to forget about possible delays and order exactly what I want. This way I know I’ll be even more excited for it to finally get here, however long that may be.
ozzman469
@Philly So the question is then, what are you getting?
Philly
Philly
@ozzman469 Oxford White, 2-door, Badlands, Lux, Sasquatch. I battle with adding Sasquatch the most, but I know that the forged beadlock capable wheels are nicer than anything I would pay for aftermarket and I really want the lower gearing. I heard the 4.70 isn’t actually an option with the auto if you don’t get Sasquatch, but I’ll find out when I order.
gamma_j
gamma_j
The ONLY things I'm sure of are 2.7L, mid package, advanced 4x4, tow capable. I've found things I like about everything from BD to OBX to BL. Can't make up my mind. I was BD for quite awhile, then saw the OBX in CG with the roast interior and loved that combo. BL is a bit more than I want to spend, but I can see myself getting one in velocity blue or rapid red with the MIC hardtop. So many variables...
ozzman469
@gamma_j I hear ya on that. I've been all over the place from colors to different options. I was sold on the Badlands pretty early on for a few different reasons, but everything else has been an emotional roller coaster..lol
Nite93
Badlands
2Dr
Race Red
2.3 manual
Mid
Black mod top
I'm #5 at my dealer and have everything ready to roll for Wednesday.
ozzman469
@Nite93 Nice, I have no idea what exactly my number is at the dealer, other than my dealer said I was on the allocation list. Only thing that will keep me from getting my hands on one early is the availability of materials for the lux package and the 2.7l engine. Here's to hoping it's not that bad....
Reactions: Nite93
Mattwings
Mattwings
I think I am going to order the 2.7 and if it’s going to be a huge delay (and that’s the issue) move to the 2.3. Otherwise nothing on the short supply list for me. Funny thing, I want the LUX package, but the high package is kind of eh.... adaptive cruise, heated wheel and B&O. Camera and 12” screen is cool, but not $2k cool.
CDN Jen
CDN Jen
I'm 100% solid on my build:

Cyber Orange
Badlands
2DR
2.7L automatic
Lux
Sasquatch

Not sure about my place in line (July 16th), but with all my high demand options (2DR, 2.7L, Lux, Squatch) I doubt I'll get a MY21. The idea of a MY22 doesn't really bother me much except for the possibility that Cyber Orange may be a limited year color.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
I finally had to sit down and list the pluses of both BD & BL. For $4900 more than my BD build, the BL got me bigger front axle, front locker, sway bar disco’s, a larger tire(which are going on the wife’s truck and I’m going up to 34”), around 1” additional lift and a higher gear ratio. For the equipment, the math is sound, might even be cheaper than aftermarket. The one thing I’m not a fan of is the BL rims. Those will come off and get replaced with a set of steel wagon wheels (if anyone wants to trade the BD black spoke wheels, I’m listening). I’ll either sell them or use them on my overlanding trailer I’m building so all my sizes and bolt patterns match up.

Color was my one huge stuck point, I was between race and vb, out of nowhere I saw a cg sport in person, and a Ranger cg at Keller Ford and I was sold. Now it’s just waiting for the final number from the dealer.
Nite93
I don't get why the 2.7 is going to be difficult to get. Those engines are not a new build and they are built in Lima, OH.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
@Nite93 they also go in the f150 and a couple others I believe. I think it’s the volume concern with how the world is at the moment.
Mattwings
Mattwings
I assume it’s just the overall demand for the motor in the F150 and other SUV applications? The F150 trumps everything priority wise and Explorer/Aviator is likely second.
Mattwings
Mattwings
Cactus Gray is great in person! I agree on the $ for the BL. It would be hard to duplicate in the AM for less. I don’t know if I need the extras, as my LJ with 32” MT and limited slip handled everything I wanted to do with it, but it’s rare you look back and think, I wish I had less power, less capabilities, less cool stuf?? If I wasn’t unemployed for a couple of months the choice would be even easier!
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
@Mattwings that’s exactly it. Both are better outfitted than any Jeep I own. I’ve wheeled a ton of places and made it work, but have always wanted or added more. This thing should be ready to go with all the running gear I could realistically ask for from the factory. And it still maintains everyday drivability.
gamma_j
gamma_j
I'm surprised by all of the 2-door builds. I wish I could do that, as I think they look a bit better than 4-door, but the 4-door is a necessity with 3 kids!
Mattwings
Mattwings
Even without kids I personally don’t prefer a 2dr. It was the my least favorite part about my past Broncos. I have always had dogs and with the tailgate and spare, it gets old opening and closing the gate (or powering down the glass on the 91). I am a soft old man now too, I prefer all the ride benefit I can get with the longer wheelbase. On top of all that, the nicer the ride and easier it is to live with the dogs, passengers, loading stuff from the store, the more my wife will enjoy it and want to ride in it! Coming from a Crew Cab F150 for the past 7 years, the Bronco will feel short and nimble in the 4 dr! I will just enjoy looking at all the 2drs as they cruise by!
ArrickSports
ArrickSports
I am not solid at all to the point of 2D and 4D. (I want a 2D but not sure if it is big enough for my daily driver) The good news is that I will be MY2022 so I will get to see actual vehicles prior to my MY22 order.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
I’m just happy to see a cg that doesn’t look green in a picture. Finally cements my color choice!
5C6EBCD1-D34F-4059-A0DA-AED3E283063A.jpeg
Reactions: Mattwings
View previous replies…
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
@Philly I looked at one myself last week and loved it 100% more than the b&p render. Looked a lot more like the Ranger.
BF8AD2AB-2949-4E7A-BF6D-2D7DEB92215F.jpeg
978E6038-6726-450B-8470-0B5E706274B1.jpeg
Reactions: Philly
Philly
Philly
@Gr8Hortoni Awesome! Just wanted to make sure you know there is definitely some green sneaking around in that paint.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
@Philly it’s very light in certain lighting, but definitely not as pronounced of a mint green as b&p. I’m good with it. In bright sunlight it’ll look awesome and change color in the shade, much like sting gray does on a Jeep.
Reactions: Philly
Mattwings
Mattwings
My wife saw the green a bit in person, I didn’t at all, either way, it’s not mint green like the CGI! Hopefully I will find a couple of ways to personalize mine a bit. Ours will be easily identified by the number of doors anywa!

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views