Sponsored

Alabama Bronco Club

The group for Alabama Bronco enthusiasts looking to meet and discuss everything Bronco, off-road, and all else that is good.
Erock
Anyone in here actually trying to plan a get together, or an actual trail ride. Mine will be my regular vehicle replacing my truck, so I’m not gonna be trying to break anything... lol.
Show full message
Engineeredthisway24
Engineeredthisway24
I am considering a run to Windrock Park in eastern Tennessee and I am also not trying to harm ANYTHING on my new truck. I wouldn't mind camping for a few days at the park even if no one else joins.
Reactions: Erock
Erock
Erock
I’ll look into that... sounds like a start at least. I ordered the badlands but only with 33s, so I’ll be a little limited for now I think.
Engineeredthisway24
Engineeredthisway24
I will NOT do any of the crazy trails, so I am right there with you. I would rather find some fun spots to try out Baja mode and see how comfortable it is to stay in overnight. You are welcome to cruise with me. For reference, I have done several driving schools all over the world, but they were all in pavement limited sports cars. This will be my first fully capable off-roader, so I am going to take it easy until I am completely comfortable with all of the handling characteristics.
Erock
Erock
I’m just a country boy... I’ve done plenty of off-road stuff but with old beat up stuff. It’ll be a whole new thing for me as well.
Engineeredthisway24
Engineeredthisway24
Team mates it is then! I am a country boy from Indiana, but my main source of off-roading was dirt bikes racing hare scrambles, 3 and 4 wheelers recreationally, and a few home-assembled trucks we would tear up the back 40 in. I have always loved that life, but haven't had much opportunity in the last couple of decades. Shit, I still have a few steel frame 2-stroke Honda dirt bikes in my dad's barn in Florida. I might just have to get those mean bastards back after I get this thing home.
Erock
Erock
I’ve always just lived right here in north Bama... originally in Huntsville.
Engineeredthisway24
Engineeredthisway24
I have made Huntsville my home. I work on the Arsenal, bought a home just past Aerojet Rocketdyne, and my daughter lives with her mama down near Lacey Springs. There is no place I would rather live at this point in my life. After doing 14 years of traveling all over the world in the Navy, I find the quiet life amazingly satisfying. Hit me up if you ever want to grab a beer.
Erock
Erock
I just moved from Morgan City to Hartselle last year after living up there for 30+ years. I grew up over in 5 points in Huntsville though. I’m not a beer drinker but my girlfriend is... so yeah, sounds good.
LSU Jonno
LSU Jonno
Also in Huntsville and will be looking for some buddies to wheel with. I’ll also be looking to keep it pretty mild in the beginning to learn what I’m doing and not bang up the new truck.
Erock
Erock
Junno... your last name isn’t Edwards is it? I know some LSU fans over that way named Edwards... so
AH64DB2
AH64DB2
Huntsville folks... y’all going thru Woody Anderson?
View previous replies…
LSU Jonno
LSU Jonno
@AH64DB2 Yes. Woody is offering X-Plan plus a $500 accessory credit for folks that had their reservations with them from the beginning. I wasn't a fan of theirs before this purchase but I've gotta say, I've liked the folks I've dealt with so far.
AH64DB2
AH64DB2
Have you placed your order yet? If so, were the "options and accessories" rolled up in the X-Plan?
@LSU Jonno
LSU Jonno
LSU Jonno
@AH64DB2 I did place my order. Did not get the official X-plan price for my build in writing because they were busy.

In general though, xplan would get you invoice pricing on your options and accessories.
Erock
Erock
@LSU Jonno dont know if anyone else around has theirs yet, but Eddie Preuitt over here in Hartselle has their mannequin in. 2dr non-squatch outer banks. No appointment needed for test driving... in case you’re interested. I was gonna drive it a bit ago, but a huge storm came in right as we pulled in. Do we decided to wait until tomorrow or something.
Reactions: LSU Jonno
LSU Jonno
LSU Jonno
@Erock thanks for the heads up. I asked my contact at Woody to shoot me a text when their’s arrives. They are getting a 4 door WT and a 4 door 7mt Black Diamond. Haven’t heard from him yet though. I may take a trip out to Hartselle to check it out.
Erock
Erock
@LSU Jonno I did end up going back to drive it BTW... it’s a 2.7 auto. Pulls really well once you get the turbos spooling. I’d like to try the manual also, granted I’d probably never get one because of my knee. I’d still like to see how it drives though.
LSU Jonno
LSU Jonno
@Erock nice. I’m dying to drive one. If Woody doesnt get theirs this week I’ll swing by Hartselle. I’ll post on here when I hear from Woody.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views