Sponsored

Bay Area Broncos

Here we go with the new G.O.A.T’s of the bay!!
Daktari
Yay, my order is in the system, got the confirmation e-mail from Ford and from my dealer, making this historic day even better :-D
Now the real wait begins and I have to stay on top of my dealer, according to him dual tops can't be ordered until "spring" what ever that may mean in Ford speak. So for now order is for the MIC top, since I want to be sure to get wiring and plumbing for the rear wiper in my rig. I'll add the soft top as soon as possible. (My dealer got the confirmation from Ford that if you order soft top only the wiring and plumbing will NOT be on your Bronco. Kind of lame, like Jeep in this regard. So keep that in mind if you think about maybe adding a hard top later on, getting the wiring and switches in will be costy.)

Several things on my order are late availability, so I don't expect to actually sit in this thing until late summer the earliest, but that's fine with me, no need to rush it now. A couple weeks more or less won't matter.

I ordered a cyber orange 4 door Badlands, 2.7/auto, Lux, Sashquatch, two package, dual top (MIC for now), LUX.

Late availability (per my dealer) are for hard top, 2.7, and Lux.

My order is with Walnut Creek Ford, also got a call from Shahram today to go over things. Exciting!
Show full message
murphtron
murphtron
Hah I ordered the same car (with only MIC top)!! Wish I had some knowledge of where we are in the process. But more will be revealed in May?
Daktari
Daktari
I switched to MIC top only so I maybe might get mine this year, I'll see about soft top later on. Ideally I'd like a soft top/sun rider over the two rows of seats and keep the shell of the hard top in the back. Unfortunately Bestop told me they have no plans to build that (for now), but somebody will in the aftermarket. I'd think.

Yeah, I think in May we should hear from Ford and get some kind of delivery time range, that's all we can do right now. I don't even know what order number I'm at the dealer or how many orders they have, I might ask when I go look at the traveling Broncos in a bit over a week.
murphtron
murphtron
Are you going to WC Ford on Wednesday? I'll be there at 3pm
Daktari
Daktari
I'll be there in the morning and might come back in the pm with my son, but we both won't have much time so I'll have to see how it goes in the morning. Looking forward to finally see this thing in person!

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views