Sponsored

Badlands Club

Join if you own or ordered a Badlands
Mo’ Money Mo’ Broncos
I have a 22 badlands non-sas, 2.7, mid package. Got it leveled, new Mickey Thompson Baja Boss’s and fifteen52 traverse HDs put on last Monday. Made two fun videos on my YouTube channel. First is to sabbath, second to chili peppers. Take your pick haha. Let me know what y’all think!

Show full message
CelticCactus
I got my first Bronco a couple weeks ago (bare with me as I immerse myself in this new language)... a '22 BL 4d HT, running 33s. Did I forget an important detail in my stats? Anyway, the first thing I have to say is that I am fantastically in love with it, particularly so after taking it to the ranch this past weekend. Nothing major, just Central Texas hills and valleys. It handled like a dream. That being said, I do want to make it mine. I know that the world is an oyster when it comes to mods for our ponies, and frankly, it is a bit overwhelming to know exactly where to start (since I do have a limiting wallet). I've been reading through so many threads and blogs that I've probably scrambled my brain, but I think I've decided where is best for me at this time and thought it wise to ask the experts, aka Fellow BL Owners, for some guidance.
As far as BLs go, what is most popular/effective for paint protection against scratches and rocks being thrown up when out in the elements? Do y'all find that the films get it done? Are mudflaps handy or something else more sturdy or effective? Also, what is up with the sound system?!? I mean, I know I didn't buy it for that, but sheesh... it's so...flat. So that's where I'm starting... paint protection and improving sound (on a budget). After those two, I guess it's time to look into air intakes and exhaust systems, then to personalize with splashes of color with some graphics. Is it just me, or is it WAYYYY to easy to become addicted and need EVERYTHING to have the bronco logo/horse on it???
Experiences, Thoughts and Opinions are very much appreciated. Pics too!!!
Show full message
Reactions: Sparkherd
View previous comments…
SeptuagenarianSasquatch
Take your time, CelticCactus. Get out in the boonies, preferably with a Bronco club, or even an all-makes 4x4 group so you can get to know your horse better, and have support for any mishaps you suffer. Bronco group runs let you check out other guys' trucks and gear, and learn from them. Start with the Bronco OffRoadeo, a day of instruction which comes with your purchase. Then you can start considering how you want to trim your Bronco: camping (primitive or comfort camping? Roof top tent?), off-road performance (winch? recovery gear? Lift + bigger tires)? Or about-town street charm and highway savvy?
Be sure to familiarize yourself with the Member Marketplace, further down discussion topics, where you can pick up gear and accessories other owners don't want. And check out thebronconation.com. Threads there tend to be less technical, but if you join you can get some products discounted from participating vendors. Ask for veterans/seniors/first responders discounts if you qualify.
Take your time, and avoid gimmick things like lighted cupholders. This can be an awfully expensive hobby! I think my Badlands Sas is the most expensive non-real-estate thing I've ever owned.
CelticCactus
CelticCactus
@SeptuagenarianSasquatch that's the best advice. THANK YOU. I plan on going to the OffRodeo here in Texas in the spring and can't wait! I'm searching for a club in central Texas but haven't really found one that has much going on. And yes, I do see this becoming a wonderfully expensive hobby ;-)
Born2Drive
Born2Drive
Congrats! Welcome to the club. I love my Carbon Gray BL 4D HT 2.7 SAS with LUX and WO floors. Oops! I couldn't fit the HD Mod Bumper in there. ;)
CelticCactus
CelticCactus
LOL yeah, getting all the details in one sentence is challenging! Especially for a writer, lol I can just hear my editor's voice inside my head. Mine is carbon gray as well! I forgot that. wo floors, nonSAS, mid ;-) plans to get a bumper are in the works, just can't decide which I like the most.
Big Bad Green Machine
Hello everyone!! Proud owner of a 2023 Eruption Green 2 door 2.7L Badlands non-sas (mainly because I knew I wanted my own rims/tires and suspension).

I've done soo much to it that I can barely keep it all straight. I'm happy to share everything I've learned with anyone that might be interested. The only thing I didn't do myself was the stereo upgrade. Other than that, every single aftermarket part was installed by yours truly.

Check out the full build @ https://revkit.com/greenmachine/
Show full message
TXBronco1313
Hey all!

I'm a current Big Bend owner but not for long because yesterday I placed an order for a 2 Door Badlands! I did pickup my Big Bend off the lot last year and unfortunately it didn't have all the specs I wanted/was hoping for so I want to make sure the Badlands is going to be my keeper. I'm a huge 2 door fan so I ended up sticking to that. I also went with the cactus gray, 2.7, SAS, and Lux/High Package. I think I maxed it out but I'd like real Badlands owners opinions on what to get/not get so I can modify my order while I can. Attached is the order form. Please let me know your thoughts! Also, given the specs I went with, I'm prepping for a 8 month wait. Any idea if that's about right or if I should be expecting a longer wait? How long did ya'll have to wait for yours?
Show full message

Attachments

DorlanJ
DorlanJ
I'll start from the back end of this: Asking how long someone waited on this forum is begging for a fun time! You're placing a 2024 order, and as such your experience is going to be vastly different from everyone else. I submitted my order in 07/2021 and didn't see my Bronco until 12/2022. Some people reserved their Bronco in summer of '20 and may still be waiting/received it earlier this year.

As for if your 8 months timeline is accurate, that's up to your dealer. My dealer was getting about 10 orders delivered a month at the peak of supply shortages but a friends dealer about 15 miles away was only getting 10 a quarter. Check in with your dealer, ask how many their getting, try and figure out what your position is in their order queue (if you're 10 of 30 orders placed) and that should give you a good idea on timing. Of course, end of the day it's all up to Ford and if they deliver it or not. With the discussions with UAW currently the state they are, we'll see what happens.

Your spec, again mileage will vary. I personally think the 2 door is a great vehicle for a single or for not having kids. Additionally, the Bronco is a great toy vehicle, if you're wanting it as a daily driver for a family, even the 4 door is pushing it where comfort/space goes. I highly encourage you to think about this one if you have a family or plan on having one in the near future.

I have a 4dr, SAS, Lux package with the MGV seats. Absolutely love that spec. Been off-road a few times and the only issues have been self-inflicted. The Bronco handles it all without any issues. I specifically got the spec I did so that I would have to come out of pocket as little as possible, but here are the things I believe would benefit you the most:

1) If you're an audio guy, skip the B&O if you can save the money and pick one of the many audio upgrade threads on here and do that. The B&O is great with the roof and doors on, but as soon as you take anything off it's anemic and thin.
2) Short Antenna. In today's world, unless you have a CB attached to it, what is the point of a 3-4 ft antenna?
3) Rock rail-side step combos. The SAS package puts the Bronco floor at a height that is just uncomfortable for a 6' tall man to get into. While it's not undo-able or inconvenient, it is something that having steps would make easier.
4) Rear gate hinge reinforcement. Without saying, if you are on the trails a lot and you have the 35" tire, the horror stories of buckled tailgates makes you cringe every time you hit a rock or feel a nice jarring movement on the trails. Just cave and do it.
5) Some sort of sun shade if you plan on rocking the roof off every day you get a chance. While I do not mind at all the sun beating down on me, and I make sure to apply sunscreen for any trip over 15 mins, a sun shade over the top would help a lot for longer trips or with passengers who are not as liberal with the sun screen.

Outside of that, the rest of/or any mods are just cosmetic or because you are more adventurous than I am. Even my recommendations are personal based than anything else. As I said earlier, mileage will vary. You may get someone who disagrees with my list of 5, agrees with only the Rock rail-side step, or has a different top 5 list.

Either way, end of the day, bottom line, enjoy your ride (the one you have now and the one you're going to get) and maybe I'll see you on the trails some where!
Mean Green
Mean Green
That is my exact Bronco, only I picked Eruption Green. Good luck with it!
Born2Drive
Anyone planning on attending Bronco Super Celebration East in Townsend, TN this Spring. It's April 17 to the 20th. I've already booked my hotel. Please let me know if you are planning on attending. I'm coming from Atlanta, GA and my buddy is driving his Badlands from Indiana. Let's connect if you plan on attending.
Show full message

Attachments

Born2Drive
Born2Drive
BTW...This picture is from Moab, UT. I drove the 1825 miles from Atlanta to the Bronco Off-Roadeo. Tons of fun!
Acadist
Acadist
Have a great time, went to CO last Sept and had a great time!
davidjdavis
New Badlands (non-SAS) Cactus Grey. Did not want the SAS, as I will do my own lift, wheels and tires. We tend to do more overlanding style off-roading so I am going to build this to meet those needs. I am getting ready to take it on its first trip in the North Carolina mountains and do some Service Access Roads to test out some of the capabilities. Gotta see what it has first before the mods start.
Show full message

Attachments

View previous comments…
davidjdavis
davidjdavis
Thanks for the info, I will definitely check out the locations. There are quite a few overland trails that use the Forest Service Access roads that I have gone on in my wife's Jeep Gladiator Mojave - it will be fun to see the differences between the Gladiator and the Bronco.
And I enjoy going off-road more than the mods - but either one can be addictive! LOL I will make some mods, but they will need to fit the off-roading that I do - I am not much into street princesses.
SeptuagenarianSasquatch
"There are quite a few overland trails that use the Forest Service Access roads that I have gone on in my wife's Jeep Gladiator Mojave - it will be fun to see the differences between the Gladiator and the Bronco."
Take videos, images, and consider posting a report on the differences, especially if you still have the Mojave. There's a section on this site, "Bronco vs. the Competition." What would be fascinating would be a 3-way report on the Mojave vs. the stock Badlands vs. your modified (someday) Badlands.
Lots of good BLM roads and some trails in western Box Elder, Toele (Bonneville Salt Flats!), Juab, and Millard counties a non-Sas can explore. The thing is make sure you have tools, extra gas, water, and provisions. Services are...distant.
Happy wheeling!
Born2Drive
Born2Drive
Great choice. I sort of wish I didn't get the SAS option now. I would like to upgrade my wheels and tires, but now it seems I'm throwing away money. I really don't want to deal with trying to sell the SAS wheels and tires.
Noble27
Hi all. 2023 Area 51 Sas.. Have been out wheelin’ in OH, MI, KY and VA. WVA and the Northeast are next on my list for 2024.
Show full message
SeptuagenarianSasquatch
Message me if you work New England into your plans, we'll go exploring Vermont Class 4 and New Hampshire Class 6 roads. These are historic, even ancient, never-paved roads with rights-of-way but have been abandoned by towns and counties. Rocky and very unpredictable! Very different from Midwest and far-West trails. Like Appalachians--but bigger.
(stock) Badlands Sasquatch in New England: into serious off-roading
I admire and appreciate owners who have upgraded their trucks from other models--good for them!--but I appreciate and admire how Ford engineered the Badlands. I was on a 4x4 gathering in Vermont last October (the-pilgrimage.com), very rainy, and found myself in the company of some very serious --and seriously modified--Jeepsters. And what do ya know? I drove right through mud and rut obstacles they had to winch themselves out of!
The Badlands Sas is more truck than I planned on buying, but boy! Am I glad I did!
Show full message
Jesterswife
Hi! I have a MY22 2-Dr Eruption Green Manual Lux Hard Top Badlands that I lovingly call The Green Demon. Happy to be here! 😁
Show full message
FDHog
2Dr Area 51 Badlands Sas. 2.7 Auto. Leather. Started looking for one online just to see what was out there. Dealer I've dealt with in the past just happened to have one that was declined on delivery. My wait time was 1 day.
Show full message
Hi, I am a proud owner of a '22 4DR Badlands in Area 51 with the Lux Package. I went Lux because it is my daily driver and I am so glad I did. I LOVE everything about this car. Unlike many Bronco owners my wait from order to deliver was only 11 months. Somehow I seem to have gotten lucky.
Show full message
How bad will it be if I keep my i4 Bronco Badlands in Baja mode for most of the driving time? Will it damage the suspension, engine, or any other components?
Show full message
swooshdave
swooshdave
I would be more prudent to Forscan it and add Sport mode. The general thought is to only 4WD when you need it as it can accelerate wear.
Gorpolak
Gorpolak
You can run Baja mode in 2H
Gypsy
Hi, just picked up our Badlands August 26th, came out just the way we order it. Even after we made changes the day before we got a notice it was going to be built. Haven't had a chance to use it, obligations. Right now going over all the new features.

I do have a question. Can't connect to Sync 4 I am in a Fleet Lock so my modem isn't activated. Jumped through all kinds of hoops nothing worked. Ford Tech, is at a loss. Anyone else have that problem. I do have Ford Pass connected and I can start my vehicle and see all the statistics with my phone but that's it.

Thank you in advance.
Show full message

Attachments

Richterman
Richterman
Nice. Can't help you with sync. It was supper easy to connect
TCoupe
Hi Gang. I got my Badlands a couple of weeks ago and have been having fun with it. Trying to learn all the features. Looking forward to my commute to local ski area this winter in the snow!
Show full message

Attachments

routhless
Hey all! I don't think I've made a post in here yet, if I have, pretend like this is my first 😂

Got my Badlands back in March of this year and have loved it so far! I can't wait for this coming fall and winter to go wheeling and camping more.
Show full message

Attachments

Took delivery 2 weeks ago, enjoying everything about it except those Goodyear tires. Nothing but rock collectors
Show full message
Jumpmasterken
Looking forward to seeing and learning from my fellow Bronco owners. I'm glad I found this group and website. I picked up my Bronco last Thanksgiving after a two year wait. Since then I've added several things to it!
Bronco.jpg
RC Winch Install Completed.jpg
Show full message
Fonz54
Hi,

Just joined the group. I have had my Badlands since April 2022. Did not know this group existed but will be looking forward to learning what others are doing and share the Bronco experience with the club.
Show full message
J.O.
J.O.
Welcome. Mine is getting built this week. Looking forward to the same.
  • Love
Reactions: Fonz54
Fonz54
Fonz54
I had reserved and ordered a WildTrak. But not unlike most it was near on two years with no progress. My sales person called me out of the blue one day last year and said he had a Badlands fully loaded coming in and the person who ordered the Bronco decided to order a Braptor instead. I mulled it over for about a day and pulled the trigger. One week after deciding to take the Badlands Ford sent me a scheduling Email. I am over the moon happy with my Badlands and do no regret letting the WildTrak go.
pbrem22
Anyone have accessories to recommend? Looking to do some upgrades but not to sure what yet.
Show full message
Neverowneda4x4
Neverowneda4x4
What types of activities do you plan on doing with your bronco? I'm new to the game too, so i my not be much help, but i started with Paracord handles, rubber mats, sill protectors and a doggie mat for the cargo area.
Neverowneda4x4
Got a badlands a couple weeks ago. 2.3l, MT, 4door softop (no special packages). So far it's only been a commuter, but I'm looking forward to taking it on adventures as the weather improves. Hoping to learn more by joining this group! Thanks for having me!
Show full message

Attachments

I think ill get out of snow this weekend head over to sand mountain look around.
Show full message

Attachments

Got our Badlands last Saturday! Love it!
Show full message

Attachments

Kool
Finally got my Bronco Badlands this week 🤠
Show full message
RED DEATH
Been enjoying this beauty for awhile now and I cannot wait for those waiting to enjoy the same. Very worth the dreaded wait.
Show full message

Attachments

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views