Sponsored

Bronco Enthusiasts of Connecticut

This group is for Connecticut Bronco and other off-road enthusiasts. Please join and we will get organized as we go down the road a bit... Want to help? Please let us know…
Jsquiggs
I recently upgraded tires and have a full set of 5 stock Outer Banks, Bridgestone Dueler AT 255/70r18 available for sale if anyone is interested. Good condition with 18k worth of miles on the 4, no off-road and no flats. $750 OBO
Show full message

Attachments

RagnarKon
So after @Dubsesd's post the other day, I decided to go checkout the single Connecticut trail to see if anything has changed.

In the Trail App it is called the Cockaponset State Forest Spruce Ledge Section.

Gates are still locked, BUT the road looks like it's seen traffic, so they must not be locked year-round.

I did walk it to see what it was like. If you were to apply the normal 1-10 trail rating system... this would be a somewhere between a 2 and 3 depending on weather. Nothing complicated at all, and your generic AWD crossover could easily complete the trail without issues.

Southern Gate:

1686934590362.png

Northern Gate:

1686934611171.jpeg
Show full message
Dubsesd
Anyone know if you can actually off road here? It’s in the trail app. TIA
Show full message

Attachments

RagnarKon
RagnarKon
The gates are usually locked.

It's just a dirt road though... nothing special about it—I drove it with a Ford Escape several years ago (before the Bronco was even announced). It would be a cool challenging trail to do during the winter with some snow on the ground, but... again... gates are locked.

Pretty fun to do on a snowmobile though.
Hey everyone, I have a brand new, never used, Harken hardtop hoist for sale. We ended up putting the hardtop somewhere else and I can't return it, so just looking to get back some of the money I spent on it. I paid $225, selling for $150. Here is the amazon link to the exact one I have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074DCJYVK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

HARKEN - Hardtop Overhead Garage Storage Hoist for Jeep Wrangler and Ford Bronco, Self-Leveling, Safe Anti-Drop System, Easy One-Person Operation, (Bonus T Knobs for Quick Hard Top Removal)

I'm located in the Southington/Cheshire, CT area.
Show full message
Dubsesd
Whose going to the Bronco Invasion? I’m leaving Friday night and will be there. Hopefully I’ll meet some of you there!
Show full message

Attachments

GreenMtnBronco
If anyone is interested in an awesome weekend (Oct 5-8) away, the former Vermont Overland weekend lives on as The Pilgrimage. This is a camping weekend with some of the coolest overland vehicles you can imagine with vendors and food available at the campsite where 250 vehicles and participants will camp out for three nights and depart each day in smaller groups for rides of various levels on Vermonts insane network of Class IV roads. there are only 37 tickets left.
for more information:
https://the-pilgrimage.com/
Show full message
GreenBadlands
Bronco6G,

This is the list of parts I am thinking of getting for my build, any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Lifts

2021-2023 Ford Bronco Fabtech 3" Lift Kit with Front Dirt Logic 2.5 Resi Coilovers and Rear Dirt Logic Resi Coilovers K2378DL

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/k2378dl-21-22-bronco-fabtech-3in-lift-kit.html

21-UP BRONCO SASQUATCH 2-3" LIFT STAGE 3 SUSPENSION SYSTEM BILLET

https://www.iconvehicledynamics.com...ch-2-3-lift-stage-3-suspension-system-billet/

21-UP BRONCO SASQUATCH 2-3" LIFT STAGE 4 SUSPENSION SYSTEM TUBULAR

https://www.iconvehicledynamics.com...h-2-3-lift-stage-4-suspension-system-tubular/

FABTECH Tie Rod Heim Kit - FTS22349

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/fabte...Nkv59y5jBM5EhdirX8U0SGJPu410kxdRoCw9UQAvD_BwE

Tires

BFGoodrich A/T KO2 37X12.50R17

Nitto Recon Grappler 37X12.50R17

Discoverer STT PRO 37X12.50R17

If you have another suggestion for tires, I would appreciate that as well.

Wheels

Using current Sasquatch wheels are +30 offset on a 17x8.5 wheel

or

Getting aftermarket wheels:

Black Rhino Glacier 17x8 with a +35 MM Offset

Should I be using a wheel with zero offset to avoid rubbing at all or at full lock.?

Thank you.
Show full message
hollyw00d
Does anyone have a recommendation or good experience with a Ford service department somewhere between Stamford and Bridgeport? Apart from annual maintenance, I need to have my windshield recall done as well as have them take a look at the infamous manual transmission grinding sound. Thanks in advance.
Show full message
GreenBadlands
Anyone have plans this Sunday?
Show full message
RagnarKon
RagnarKon
At the moment... nothin'

I'm in the middle of an audio upgrade project on my Bronco that I was hoping to finish this weekend, but at the moment we got rain in the forecast. So... I'll probably end up doing misc chores around the house.
Dubsesd
Anyone want to attend? Im going already took that Saturday off. If we can organize a convoy that will be pretty cool.

Saturday May 23rd check it out.

www.broncoinvasion.com
Show full message
Dubsesd
On Friday I’m going to be installing my rock rails finally. @sjudas was kind enough to give me his factory running boards for free in the meantime. I will be offering this set to someone for free as well to pass it along. They will be located in Stratford first come first serve haha. Let me know if interested.

4 door with mounting hardware.
Show full message
StachioAttack72
Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 9.24.34 PM.png

Thanks to @Dubsesd for the help with the new IAG Para Hex grille and light up letters. I'm pretty much set for now...until the next tweak bug hits.
Show full message
Matt_S
IMG_8096.jpg

it was Delivered to Park City yesterday. I am picking it up tomorrow. 1 year, 10 days. First upgrade will be OBX wheels, because I was gifted a set.
Show full message
aFordOwner
Anyone have Bronco plans this weekend?
Show full message
King Du’Vey
Hey Group
Any Recommendations for aftermarket Aux switch / lighting installers in Fairfield County?
Show full message
Steve62
Steve62
I've used Precision Performance in Wilton to do a lot of work on my Bronco including light installations. I had the auxiliary switches with my Bronco so they didn't have to do that, but I'm sure they could handle it easily.
Dubsesd
Dubsesd
Sending you a PM
sjudas
Set of standard fender flares. I switched to the Sas flares. Free to whoever wants them.
Show full message

Attachments

Dubsesd
Dubsesd
I’ll take them if still available
sjudas
sjudas
Hey. I'm the guy that gave you the steps. I will be in at Dockside in Milford on Friday the 17th. The same place as last time. We should be there from 3-7.
Dubsesd
Dubsesd
Yes I remember! Can’t wait to see what you have done to your bronco. I appreciate it a lot. I still have the steps and have rock rails I didn’t put on yet. I’m going to give them away for free as well to pass it on. Do you want your two front windows tinted? I will do that for you no charge for the generosity.?
SavSqch
Alright guys. I just picked up my Bronco from @Dubsesd shop CT Window Film. I finally had full Matte PPF installed with some other goodies as well! Let me know what you think. I can definitely go to the mall parking lots now and not worry about any trial damage!

In addition to the PPF they installed Ditch lights, Fog lights, Bronco grille lights and most importantly an ARB compressor mounted under the hood so I can air up and down my tires for the sand when I go on the beaches!.

once again thanks @Dubsesd for getting this done it came out great. I recommend everyone to check him out.
Show full message

Attachments

Reactions: StachioAttack72
View previous comments…
CT203
CT203
I wanted to get out to Nantucket this year for the first time, but not looking good time wise. May take a trip to Rausch in NJ. My off road experience is limited to some old forest roads years ago. I don’t want to get into anything that could cause damage but I do want to have a little fun.
Steve62
Steve62
Did you see the post here about the ride in NJ this weekend? That looked pretty easy, but like a lot of fun.
SavSqch
SavSqch
@Steve62 @CT203 I’mdown you guys. Let’s all get together soon. Grab some pizza and shoot the shit about broncos lol
Steve62
Steve62
Do any of you know of a shop who has FORScan to do a tire size recalibration?
SavSqch
SavSqch
@Steve62 what size did you get!?? 37s??!!!!!
Steve62
Steve62
35's.
StachioAttack72
Hola crew, so I’m putting in Alpha Rex’s Raptor headlights next week and didn’t know if anyone wants the Outer Banks Signature LED headlights that I’m taking off before I go tossing them on the forums.
Show full message
aFordOwner
Guys I recommend you all use @Dubsesd for your PFF and other Bronco modifications. He did a great job for me installing my light bar. I totally recommend him.

@SavSqch I saw yours... looks badass with the mat finish...
Show full message
aFordOwner
To all, if anyone would like to join me at the King of the Hammers please let me know. I will be driving my Bronco Raptor to Johnson Valley, CA for the King of the Hammers 2/8-2/11. If anyone wants to join me either for the drive or the event please let me know.
Show full message
aFordOwner
Rausch Creek trip 12/3/22

Guys I am organizing a group to visit Rausch Creek on December 3rd. Everyone is invited if you want to join.
Please let me know if you’re interested.
Show full message
Reactions: Elliott35
BitterBronco
I can’t make it but I’m here for this type of planning. Share pics bc we’ve been looking into making a weekend trip out there
Dubsesd
Dubsesd
Sunday’s work best for me I’ll be on the lookout for the next one!
CT203
CT203
Some time has passed, but now that I’ve got my Badlands, I’ve got questions! Curious if this happened and if so, how was it? How long was the drive there? How difficult were the trails? What’s the risk of damage? (Obviously largely up to the driver). What time did you get back? Any decent food in the area? I’m hoping to join in the future.
StachioAttack72
38846589-8149-4B97-8F65-AF8DD4A967D0.jpeg

added the IAG Faux Hood Scoop, with @Dubsesd’s help of course! For 1/3 the cost, it looks as good if not better than Ford’s faux scoop.

Now I’m thinking Fender Flares in Matte Black to complete the black lines/accents. Any suggestions?
Show full message
aFordOwner
Who has a good outfitter in the area? I need someone to install a light bar for me... I'd appreciate any recommendations.
Show full message
FallenHazzard
FallenHazzard
Is it one mounted above your windshield or on your bumper? If its on the bumper, its super easy if you have upfitter switches. Couple guys and you could have it done in less than a half hour.
CT203
CT203
Precision Performance in Wilton does that sort of thing. They had just done a few mods on a Bronco when I was there with my Jeep not long ago. It should be DIY, but if you’re not handy or don’t have time, and have the money there are places to help you out.
aFordOwner
Hi guys I am excited to say I am no longer waiting for my Bronco!!!

I’m no longer sidelined so anyone got plans coming up?
Show full message

Attachments

StachioAttack72
5C6FBB16-E4C4-4B60-ADC0-DE5A36A0B2D8.jpeg

So I made a logo for my OBX. I named her “Samson’s Jawbone”, waiting to get my car magnet so I can slap it on the door!
Show full message
CT203
CT203
I had to look it up. For those who don't know it: "With the jawbone of an ass, heaps upon heaps, With the jaw of an ass have I slain a thousand men."

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views