Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ford has just released new photos teasing the upcoming yet-unnamed "Baby Bronco" (the front end of which was teased earlier this year).

The silhouette photo shows that it will be loosely based off of the 2020 Bronco, with a short hood, flat roofline and boxy proportions. Comparing the two photos side-by-side shows that the 2020 Bronco will likely come with at least a two-door model and do battle with the Jeep Wrangler while the Baby Bronco will be a more practical four-door SUV which loses the rear-mounted spare tire.

Ford Bronco and Baby Bronco.jpg

Left: 2020 Bronco / Right: "Baby Bronco"

Ford Future Hybrid SUV Lineup.jpg

Ford's Future Hybrid SUV Lineup (including Mach 1)
Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nice! That Bronco silhouette is quite nice!

fourbyfour

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Didn't Ford say Bronco will be hybrid? Why is it not in the second pic-unless I'm missing it I dont see the same boxy silhouette as in the first pic. ?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree that the profiles do give me hope of what the new Bronco will look like. I certainly don't want it to look like a Soccer Mom's kid carrier.

FL Trucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hopefully since this is the second time Ford has used this covered Bronco image, it means this is really the shape of the Bronco. Love the super boxy design!

Sponsored

SW Mikey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The baby bronco wont be BOF right? anyone know which chassis it's being built off? I assume this will be a Renegade competitor..

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
The baby bronco wont be BOF right? anyone know which chassis it's being built off? I assume this will be a Renegade competitor..
Right, it's going to be built on a car platform and will compete with the Renegade. Ford would do well to give it some more rugged aspects compared to the Renegade, like more ground clearance for one.

Tommmay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MINI Countryman
I'm not interested in a Renegade competing "Baby Bronco" but I think it's a good thing for Bronco hopefuls like us that they're doing it. Since it'll slot in under the Bronco and targeted at those not looking for a real rugged rig, I think that may give Bronco engineers more leeway to make the Bronco a true Wrangler competitor and all the advantages that entails like removable top and some decent road abilities.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
While the baby Bronco idea doesn't thrill me much, I think my wife will be interested. She tends to shop by the ground clearance number and doesn't want an Explorer because to her it's too car-like (low to the ground) and a little too big. She talks all the time about trading in her 2013 Escape. Hopefully the baby Bronco will have a 4WD option and good ground clearance. That and more boxy, truck-like looks will get her. She still complains about preferring the looks of the previous design style Escape.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

While the baby Bronco idea doesn't thrill me much, I think my wife will be interested. She tends to shop by the ground clearance number and doesn't want an Explorer because to her it's too car-like (low to the ground) and a little too big. She talks all the time about trading in her 2013 Escape. Hopefully the baby Bronco will have a 4WD option and good ground clearance. That and more boxy, truck-like looks will get her. She still complains about preferring the looks of the previous design style Escape.
I'm the same as your bride Hack. Seems that all of the SUV's these days have gone to the "global" look. I'm hoping that Ford doesn't screw the pooch with the Bronco, and go that way.

Sponsored

Frank77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
I'm the same as your bride Hack. Seems that all of the SUV's these days have gone to the "global" look. I'm hoping that Ford doesn't screw the pooch with the Bronco, and go that way.
Speaking of, is the Bronco going to be sold overseas? I hope not. Not because I'm a jingoist or anything but all of these global vehicles do tend to veer towards that Euro style which the Bronco absolutely should NOT have.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Speaking of, is the Bronco going to be sold overseas? I hope not. Not because I'm a jingoist or anything but all of these global vehicles do tend to veer towards that Euro style which the Bronco absolutely should NOT have.
Absolutely Frank, I don't want a Soccer Mom van, or a Mall crawler. They all look alike to me.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not interested in a Renegade competing "Baby Bronco" but I think it's a good thing for Bronco hopefuls like us that they're doing it. Since it'll slot in under the Bronco and targeted at those not looking for a real rugged rig, I think that may give Bronco engineers more leeway to make the Bronco a true Wrangler competitor and all the advantages that entails like removable top and some decent road abilities.
I feel the same about the "baby bronco" and the Explorer. With those models filling very similar size slots along side the Bronco, it gives me a lot of hope for solid axles, a big torquey v8, and other features that would make the Bronco a rugged off-road competitor.

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I too hope for a V-8, solid axles and a good frame to take the stress of off-roading.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.