Sponsored

How much would you pay for a V8 in the Bronco?

Up to what would you pay for a V8 option?

• Total voters

P79carter

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Expedition; 2012 Fiat; 2012 Town & Country
I don’t like it when manufactures lump engine options with trim levels. I would love a basic (in creature comforts 4door bronco with a v8 and a manual trans. V8’s sound amazing, and I have driven naturally aspirated ford v8’s over 350,000 miles with no major issues. I don’t know that a turbo engine would be as trouble free. I am waiting and will probably by a Bronco if it stays rugged even if a v8 is not an option. Sorry for rambling this whole topic has me reminiscing of my old 79 Bronco 460, 4spd.
Sponsored

05mustangman

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT500, 2003 Ford Lightning
I don’t like it when manufactures lump engine options with trim levels. I would love a basic (in creature comforts 4door bronco with a v8 and a manual trans. V8’s sound amazing, and I have driven naturally aspirated ford v8’s over 350,000 miles with no major issues. I don’t know that a turbo engine would be as trouble free. I am waiting and will probably by a Bronco if it stays rugged even if a v8 is not an option. Sorry for rambling this whole topic has me reminiscing of my old 79 Bronco 460, 4spd.
I definitely know what you mean. I'm still driving my 2003 Lightning everyday and it has over 220,000 miles with no major issues either. I've had probably 12 different Fords with V8's over the last 15 years and haven't had any issues with them. My mom however bought a 2016 Mustang ecoboost and had nothing but issues with that car. So I also would much rather drive a big bad V8 then have to deal with potential issues from a turbo motor.

MuhThugga

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado, 2004 GTO, 1981 El Camino
$30-$35K is the max MSRP I would pay. That doesn't mean a $45K MSRP discounted down to $35K. That means an MSRP of $30K - $35K.

Can manufacturers get back to earth with their pricing so that people aren't relying on 84+ month loans just to "afford" a vehicle? Since when did owning a vehicle with an American V8 become a rich man's game? I enjoy my V8s, and something with 8 cylinders, 4WD, a manual transmission, and not an outrageous price tag would earn my business so long as the thing doesn't drive like dog shit. Just provide a simple vehicle that the average person can afford to drive everyday. Stop lumping options together and acting like the V8 will fit in the vehicle only if a Titanium badge is affixed at the same time. If people want to spend $50K on a truck, that's fine, but don't forget about those who also enjoy 8 cylinder engines and can't or won't dole out that kind of coin for an everyday car. My daily-driven truck is going on 11 years old. Make me want to trade it in.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t like it when manufactures lump engine options with trim levels. I would love a basic (in creature comforts 4door bronco with a v8 and a manual trans. V8’s sound amazing, and I have driven naturally aspirated ford v8’s over 350,000 miles with no major issues. I don’t know that a turbo engine would be as trouble free. .
I actually want to avoid the electronics that reviewers tend to go ga-ga for, and would love to have a V8. Modest amenities and simple reliable power. A V8 would be a big feature advantage over the competition.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 5.0v8 Coyote is a $2k upcharge over the base 3.3v6. The 2.7v6 Ecoboost is also a $1k upcharge over the base engine, and the 3.5v6 Ecoboost is $2.6k (plus a trim level worth of other ****).

I'd probably give close to $3k to have the 5.0 back in the Bronco, at a XLT trim level, over the hopelessly underwhelming 2.3i4 that the Ranger is getting.

Ford can blast the **** out of some little Ecoboost engine to give more HP and torque under ideal rating/testing conditions, but I really don't want anything under 3L for the sake of durability and reliability.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This just isn't going to happen. As much as we'd all love it and a decent amount of people would pay over 40k and even up to 50k on a V8 Bronco, I just can't see it happening. Maaaaaybe just maybe down the line if they want to make a limited package "Raptor" or dare I say "Baja" version then just maybe we could see that option but it will be at a premium price and basically become a collector vehicle.

kdm_42089

Black Diamond
First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 5.0v8 Coyote is a $2k upcharge over the base 3.3v6. The 2.7v6 Ecoboost is also a $1k upcharge over the base engine, and the 3.5v6 Ecoboost is $2.6k (plus a trim level worth of other ****).

I'd probably give close to $3k to have the 5.0 back in the Bronco, at a XLT trim level, over the hopelessly underwhelming 2.3i4 that the Ranger is getting.

Ford can blast the **** out of some little Ecoboost engine to give more HP and torque under ideal rating/testing conditions, but I really don't want anything under 3L for the sake of durability and reliability.
I'm actually not up to date on all my Ford knowledge, as I've been a GM guy my whole life outside of the explorer and bronco, but a guy I work with, his dad owns a Ford dealership and said that the 2.7 is the most reliable motor Ford has ever had. He said they haven't had one in for any kind of maintenance at all. I would much prefer a 5.0, but after hearing this, I'd be okay with the 2.7

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you get the Coyote the Bronco will definitely not be a mid size vehicle. The Boss 429 is the only engine thats wider that a Coyote.

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm actually not up to date on all my Ford knowledge, as I've been a GM guy my whole life outside of the explorer and bronco, but a guy I work with, his dad owns a Ford dealership and said that the 2.7 is the most reliable motor Ford has ever had. He said they haven't had one in for any kind of maintenance at all. I would much prefer a 5.0, but after hearing this, I'd be okay with the 2.7
Some early 2.7's in Fusion sports had cylinder head problems.
Some got entire new engines out of the deal...........

And don't worry, someone will make a "kit" to drop in a Coyote and proper front solid axle in.

Last edited:

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought they already said it would be solid axle front??? If not I guess Im out on the Bronco.

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would like the v-8 option but a good motor with low end torque is what I would like. Torque does the work. But love the sound of the coyote motor, one great engine

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't think the 2.7 engine has been around long enough to say that. I know many 5.0 V8s from the 80's with EFI ran over 200k and still had cross hatching visible on the cylinder walls.

It would be really great if Ford put the 5.0 in the Bronco. I'd be happy with a smaller displacement V8, though. But the V8 rumble would just be terrific to have.
Sponsored